What Movie Rating Should Christians Watch?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Even paedophilia has been slyly injected into films over the years in plain sight, I'm not saying the actors below are necessarily peedos, but the sight of them kissing and hugging kids certainly makes me feel uncomfortable-

yuk1.jpg

yuk2.jpg

Yuk3.jpg

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok i have been giving this issue alot of thought lately & i just wonder if PG-13 & rated PG rateings are starting to go off track, in past decades there were movies that were rated PG that were family oreinted to watch as well some T.V. shows not all of them though, are movies going downhill or is it just me? or is the world changing?

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
great rateing :) that's my kind of rateing family oreinted
It is also called dove approved.

check out

Rodeo Girl: Dream Champion Rodeo Girl: Dream Champion (2016) - IMDb

Sophie Bolen Sophie Bolen - IMDb
some good ones With Be Your Own Hollywood (Sorted by Popularity Ascending) - IMDb

Reactions: shortangel

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This movie is theaters right now, watched last night.

there was several older people there viewing the experience was overall good.
Excellent movie!!!!! Very clean, and a heart hugger.

I adore the old horror movies--Frankenstein, Dracula and the Mummy. The ones made in the 30s but I felt impressed to quit watching them because they scared me so bad when I was a kid. I still carry a bit of that. I would not be able to handle the current horror flicks/. I watch movies like Nixon, or Quiz show, 84 Charing Cross Rd, or the Remains of the Day (I'll take sad Anthony Hopkins movies for 400, Alex)

Reactions: The Learner

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excellent movie!!!!! Very clean, and a heart hugger.

I adore the old horror movies--Frankenstein, Dracula and the Mummy. The ones made in the 30s but I felt impressed to quit watching them because they scared me so bad when I was a kid. I still carry a bit of that. I would not be able to handle the current horror flicks/. I watch movies like Nixon, or Quiz show, 84 Charing Cross Rd, or the Remains of the Day (I'll take sad Anthony Hopkins movies for 400, Alex)
You seen it to? One of the cleanest movies seen in the longest time, tom hanks and the others did a great job. Quiz show sounds interesting, the other day i was watching nosferotu; interesting 1930s, i don’t watch movies as much anymore, but it is nice to go out to the theathre. :)

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seen it to? One of the cleanest movies seen in the longest time, tom hanks and the others did a great job. Quiz show sounds interesting, the other day i was watching nosferotu; interesting 1930s, i don’t watch movies as much anymore, but it is nice to go out to the theathre. :)
Quiz show is about the scandal of the quiz show "21" from back in the 50s. There was a government inquiry about it. ( They were feeding the answers to certain contestants, depending on how much the audience liked them.} One of the contestants was a college professor, Charles van Doren. Zero sex, and I dont remember any cursing in it ( whoops Stemple says the f word at 37:30 in the movie). Ralph Fiennes stars as Charles Van Doren, and John Turturro as Herb Stempel.
Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris was made in the last few years is a very clean, zero sex movie. I think its a remake of an old movie.
I liked Downton Abbey, too. Pretty clean.

I saw the silent version of Nosferatu years ago--only once. that stuff scares me.
I love King of Kings, the 10 Commandments The Robe, Demetrius and the Gladiators(kind of part 2 of the Robe)

A lot of classic black and white movies on you tube. Look up classic 40s, 50s, 60s I watched the Bells of St Mary's the other day.

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I avoided horror films for years.

But then news headlines became darker and more disturbing than any horror movie could be.

Filtering content became pointless.

Last edited:

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was watching a PG-13 movie the other day and heard the swear word “G.. D…” several times (as well as other cursing). I twinged inside a little bit because personally I’m careful about the 3rd commandment “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord in vain”, and avoid terms like OMG, etc. but it was a good movie so kept watching.

The next day I regretted not turning it off because I should put respect for the Lord’s name, and wholesome content, above my entertainment. I also thought about 2 Peter 2:7-8: “And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)

I’ve decided to generally now avoid entertainment that might “vex my soul” but wanted to share and hear what other’s might think.
I think we have reach the point were corruption is imbedded in the entertainment, so very hard choices.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think we can tell other people what they should or shouldn't watch as we are all at different stages in our 'journey'. Finger pointing never does any good but can cause a great deal of harm and distress to those who are weaker and more vulnerable.

Reactions: Cassandra

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet another thing- TV adverts are often vile so I make a point of boycotting any products or services etc from companies whose adverts are sickening, and if millions of people did that too, we'd hit them hard in the pocket..:)
For example, these stills from a Lloyds Bank ad shows a gay couple agreeing to get married-

View attachment 28882
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and this ad by McCains Foods shows a gay couple kissing in front of their adopted child-

View attachment 28883
---------------------------------------------------------------

And here's another stomach-churner-

View attachment 28884
No way, where are these commercials played in terms of region?

Sep 27, 2021
Norco
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think we can tell other people what they should or shouldn't watch as we are all at different stages in our 'journey'. Finger pointing never does any good but can cause a great deal of harm and distress to those who are weaker and more vulnerable.
It's not "finger pointing" to encourage and direct a person towards sanctification. We know that if we are not holy we will not see God (Heb 12:14) so our witness needs to be growth towards holiness.

A Christian has the Spirit of God living inside them (Rom 8:9) and they belong to that Spirit , not to themself (1 Cor 6:19). Imagine Jesus sitting in you/with you when you watch a show - is he enjoying what's being watched?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's not "finger pointing" to encourage and direct a person towards sanctification. We know that if we are not holy we will not see God (Heb 12:14) so our witness needs to be growth towards holiness.

A Christian has the Spirit of God living inside them (Rom 8:9) and they belong to that Spirit , not to themself (1 Cor 6:19). Imagine Jesus sitting in you/with you when you watch a show - is he enjoying what's being watched?
We can teach by example. We can encourage and inspire others to live a righteous life. But we shouldn't judge or be heavy handed in our 'directing' a person towards the better way.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are actors, and they have to try to make an academy award performance each movie or show to keep working. Their lives do not reflect and sometime conflict with their character they play. The moral character of most actors are debased. Even the first movies in the 1900's,, women slept with the director to get a part. Satan sells sex, alcohol, and drugs and pushes that in movies and shows. It's called "the world" and Satan tries to keep Christians in it.

Colossians 3:1-4 - If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
They are actors, and they have to try to make an academy award performance each movie or show to keep working. Their lives do not reflect and sometime conflict with their character they play. The moral character of most actors are debased. Even the first movies in the 1900's,, women slept with the director to get a part. Satan sells sex, alcohol, and drugs and pushes that in movies and shows. It's called "the world" and Satan tries to keep Christians in it.

Colossians 3:1-4 - If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.
We are not of the world.