What Need I of Grace?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As many as be perfect shall have this attitude; that they have room to grow in the realm of being delivered from sin (Philippians 3:12-15).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My way of dealing with 1 John 1:8 is to say that Job 9:21 (kjv) is the deciding factor. If I am perfect, I do not know my own soul; and therefore would never claim to be or even think that I am perfect.

Which is not to say that it is impossible that I should be perfect.

Isaiah 42:19 and John 9:41 are also a factor in this equation.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As many as be perfect shall have this attitude; that they have room to grow in the realm of being delivered from sin (Philippians 3:12-15).

We are already delivered from sin. Philippians 3 is not about sin, but maturing fruit, and what Peter shows us in 2 Peter 1:5-9.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I changed the text to include verse 9 that we have already been delivered of our old sins. Study it brother. I hope you will someday see the illogical conclusion your teachers have been feeding you, and you are swallowing hook line and sinker. Open your mind. It is still closed.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I changed the text to include verse 9 that we have already been delivered of our old sins. Study it brother. I hope you will someday see the illogical conclusion your teachers have been feeding you, and you are swallowing hook line and sinker. Open your mind. It is still closed.
I know what the Holy Spirit has taught me as I have studied these scriptures.

I believe that your mind is also closed to what I have been saying.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job 9:20, If I justify myself, mine own mouth shall condemn me: if I say, I am perfect, it shall also prove me perverse.
Job 9:21, Though I were perfect, yet would I not know my soul: I would despise my life.
Job 9:22, This is one thing, therefore I said it, He destroyeth the perfect and the wicked.

Jhn 9:41, Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

Isa 42:19, Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD'S servant?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know what the Holy Spirit has taught me as I have studied these scriptures.

I believe that your mind is also closed to what I have been saying.

When you contradict scripture, that should give you pause, but it doesn't. 1 John 3:9

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 3:9 says we cannot sin, yet you insist that 1 John 1:8 is a Christian, even when the context is the very next verse. That is a person wanting to justify sin; probably their own.
No, there is no contradiction between these verses as I see it.

Indwelling sin is different from practical sin.

I have sin dwelling in my mortal flesh; but if I am sanctified then that element is rendered dead within me (Romans 7:8, Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24) so that it no longer has any say over my behaviour.

It's pretty simple if you think about it...

I am not a slave to the power of sin because that monster within, identified as sin, is dead and not alive; and therefore it cannot control my every move.

I am most certainly not trying to justify sin, it is my strong desire to be free from the practicing of every sin; so that I may not even be a sinner except in the sense that sin dwells within my mortal flesh.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Co 4:3, But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
1Co 4:4, For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indwelling sin is different from practical sin.

This is where we disagree. Flesh being nature, and not our body, my nature is born again. It is a different nature, and I'm not dragging around the corpse of the old nature; it is TAKEN AWAY. My new nature is a partaker of the the divine nature, and my actions are all empowered by God, and nothing of myself having to try to be a good little girl. I now naturally hate sin, and love righteousness, because God within me does. There is no struggle.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is where we disagree. Flesh being nature, and not our body, my nature is born again. It is a different nature, and I'm not dragging around the corpse of the old nature; it is TAKEN AWAY. My new nature is a partaker of the the divine nature, and my actions are all empowered by God, and nothing of myself having to try to be a good little girl. I now naturally hate sin, and love righteousness, because God within me does. There is no struggle.
Compare Galatians 5:17 to 1 John 3:9...viz. the words "cannot".and "that ye would."

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Compare Galatians 5:17 to 1 John 3:9...viz. the words "cannot".and "that ye would."

18 For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through lewdness, the ones who have actually escaped from those who live in error. 19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage. 20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
18 For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through lewdness, the ones who have actually escaped from those who live in error. 19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage. 20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.
And just what, pray tell, are you attempting to communicate by these scriptures?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You MUST stay in the Spirit.
That's what I was saying through the verses that I referenced.

But in them I do point out that being in the Spirit does not change the fact that sometimes you would (desire to) sin, but cannot do so because you are controlled by the Spirit.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, if you are satisfied by the living waters (the Holy Ghost), you will never again thirst after the toilet water that this world has to offer.

But if you drink of the toilet water, you will thirst again.

The trick is to get rid of your taste for the unholy waters by drinking enough of the holy water to never thirst after the old again.

And the only way to do this is to stop drinking the unholy water. For as long as you drink it, you will thirst after it.

You must be cured of that thirst by the living and holy water that Christ has to offer. But you must also be weaned off of your thirst for the unholy water; or else stop drinking it cold turkey.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what I was saying through the verses that I referenced.

But in them I do point out that being in the Spirit does not change the fact that sometimes you would (desire to) sin, but cannot do so because you are controlled by the Spirit.

Desire to sin? Don't you know that when Jesus takes away our sin, it is the DESIRE to sin that is taken away, thus you cannot sin. The new nature does not have that desire to sin. This is why we must choose our friends wisely and not indulge in peer pressure, even if it means giving up old acquaintances. It is the love for those friends that could tempt you to go with them to places you should not be, and do things that you don't want to do. It isn't because you have a desire to do them, but if you keep it up you can go back like a dog licking up his own vomit.

Last edited: