What Need I of Grace?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jhn 3:6, That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Your human body is born of flesh and therefore it is the flesh.

Gal 5:17, For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Yes, the human body is still cursed under the sin of Adam and must die, like our spirit did and is already born again. After the body dies, it will be changed also to take on immortality, to match our born again spirit.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, you are not reading the next verse in 1 John 1. I have repented and have been cleansed from all sin and unrighteousness. If you are still verse 8 with sin in you, you haven't been born again.
If John had said that he was without sin, by his own statement he would have been declaring that he was deceiving himself and the truth was not in him.

If you think that you don't have a sin nature, you are not seeing clearly; and I doubt you have a relationship with the Holy Spirit; who is the revealer of sin.

I know that when I sin, the Holy Spirit immediately calls me out on it. I have not yet been perfected; but praise God, I am not who I used to be either!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the human body is still cursed under the sin of Adam and must die, like our spirit did and is already born again. After the body dies, it will be changed also to take on immortality, to match our born again spirit.
So you admit to the fact of indwelling sin within your flesh.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If John had said that he was without sin, by his own statement he would have been declaring that he was deceiving himself and the truth was not in him.

Does John also walk in darkness, as the unsaved person of verse 6? John is writing in contrasts between light and darkness; and the righteous and the self-righteous who sin but say they don't.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you admit to the fact of indwelling sin within your flesh.

My flesh is dying. It is still under the curse. But our body is not where sin dwelt, that was our nature; another word for flesh. Two definitions you are blind to being able to separate. It is our nature that is born again into the divine nature of God.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My flesh is dying. It is still under the curse. But our body is not where sin dwelt, that was our nature; another word for flesh. Two definitions you are blind to being able to separate. It is our nature that is born again into the divine nature of God.
Okay, I think we are done.

Keep reading your Bible, you may actually come to the knowledge of the truth in due time.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, I think we are done.

Keep reading your Bible, you may actually come to the knowledge of the truth in due time.

Good, I need a cup of tea anyway. You might like a Bible dictionary to study so you are not calling one thing by another definition.

Look at Romans 8:9. Are we out of our bodies when we are walking in the Spirit?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good, I need a cup of tea anyway. You might like a Bible dictionary to study so you are not calling one thing by another definition.

Look at Romans 8:9. Are we out of our bodies when we are walking in the Spirit?
See the context.

If we are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, the truth of the matter is that our flesh is rendered dead; so that sin in the flesh no longer has rule and reign over what we do. We are crucified with Christ (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8).