what needs to happen for the end times to arrive ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

grumix8

Jul 23, 2020
d.f.
Faith
Christian
Country
Mexico
1. Matthew 24

2. The third temple built

3. What else in your opinion ?

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are living in the last days now so be looking for and expecting to be caught up antime you sure don't want to be left behind to try to live under anti-Christ rule in the years of the great tribulation. God's Word says we are not appointed to wrath and we are to pray we be counted worthy to escape God's final judgment on this evil world. PTL.

Reactions: grumix8

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1. Matthew 24

Hi.
No need for a third temple to be built Imo.

Matthew 24:14
This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Lk 21 -Days of Temples destruction
23 Woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days; for there will be great distress upon the land and wrath to this people; 24 and they will fall by the edge of the sword, and will be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled under foot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

The Return of Christ
25 “There will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves, 26 men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What Comes Next:

Habakkuk 1:5 Look around you among the nations, see there a sight that will utterly astound you, you will not believe it when you are told of what is being done in your days.

Habakkuk 1:6-11 goes on to say how the Babylonians were appointed to execute judgement against the House of Judah, but the preceding verses in Habakkuk 1:1-4 are a general indictment onto peoples and nations whose ‘laws are ineffective and where justice is overruled’. Therefore this threat of action by the Lord applies to our times, as well.

Acts 13:40-41 Beware, then lest you bring down upon yourselves the doom proclaimed by the prophets. Look, you who fail to grasp the truth, be surprised and perish. I am doing a work in your days, something that you will not believe, even though it has been pointed out to you.

Pauls quote of Habakkuk 1:8, the parallel passage in the New Testament, has nothing to do with Jesus: His message of Salvation is not ‘doom’.
It applies to the end times: ‘your days’, not his days, but our days.

The ‘Doom proclaimed by the prophets’, will be the great and terrible Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath. All the prophets and Jesus make it clear that this ‘Day of doom’, is the next prophesied event that we can expect to happen. Jesus quoted the first and half of the second verse of Isaiah 61:1-2, at the commencement of His ministry. The worldwide Day of vengeance of our God’, is the next prophesied event, still not yet happened. It will be the Sixth Seal; a worldwide disaster of similar magnitude as what happened in the days of Noah, which commences all the prophesied end times events, leading up to the glorious Return of Jesus.

More than 100 prophecies throughout the Bible describe in vivid detail this forthcoming punishment onto the whole world by devastating fire, earthquakes, storms and tsunamis. This sudden and shocking event will take most people unawares and we are told by Paul, that those who are ‘surprised’; that is unaware and unprepared, then: they may perish.. Ezekiel 21:3-4, Jeremiah 25:30-33

Isaiah 30:26 tells us what it is that causes this worldwide devastation and also that it will be ‘the Day the Lord saves His people’. who are all faithful Christians, who truly believe in Jesus and a few Messianic Jews who are protected in Jerusalem. Isaiah 29:4

Therefore it is up to us to take heed of the warnings, Isaiah 24:1, Isaiah 26:20-21 and to be prepared for all the effects of a massive explosion on the suns surface, that will kill about 1/3 of the world’s population and will destroy all of our modern infrastructure. Jeremiah 9:22, Ezekiel 30:1-8, Isaiah 13:12

Then; for all who love the Lord and keep His Commandments, the Lord is ‘waiting to show His favour’, Isaiah 30:18-20

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Matthew 24

Matt 24 was largely fulfilled in Jewish judgment, which began in 70 AD and ends at the 2nd Coming. I don't believe a temple of Law will ever be built again, since Christ caused the veil to be rent in two. The new temple is his body, through which we all become a house for the Lord.

I do look for the Jews to face a final judgment prior to their restoration at Christ's return. The very existence of Israel is a major sign in our times. The hostility of brother Arabs against Israel is also a sign of our times, along with the technology both to unite the world and to destroy the world.

To me, the biggest sign is the deChristianization of Europe and the Americas. This is the beginning of the great apostasy that will reach its fulfilment in the rise of Antichrist over 10 European nations.

With the increase of lawlessness associated with the loss of Christianity we see an increase in divine judgments across the world, from AIDS to the Coronavirus, from weather problems, to natural disasters.

As people get ever more resistant to the Gospel, we know the end is near.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1. Matthew 24

All that needs to happen is for the church to keep conforming. This has been happening in some of the churches for a while and it will keep happening until most of the church is unrecognizable.

This will be the same reason that caused the flood as almost all of the faithful conformed back in Noah’s day.

Then the true church the city God loves will be surrounded and completely outnumbered by the worldly people and then the end will come.

Revelation 20:9
9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Matthew 24

1. the rise of the antichrist.
2. The Russian invasion of Israel with its allies.
3. A one world govt.
The rise of ten kings from that one world govt.

but end times here is generic.

The latter days or end times began when Israel was born in a day and became a nation again under the sun in 1948 as prophesied.
The tribulation starts when the antichrist confirms a covenant with the nation of Israel for 7 years. This also i sknown in many circles as the end times.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1. Matthew 24

Let's get building that temple.

I'll share my popcorn.

Sozomen (ca. A.D.375-447)
"Ecclesiastical History"
Book V, Chapter XXII

Though the emperor [Julian the Apostate] hated and oppressed the Christians, he manifested benevolence and humanity towards the Jews. He wrote to the Jewish patriarchs and leaders, as well as to the people, requesting them to pray for him, and for the prosperity of the empire. In taking this step he was not actuated, I am convinced, by any respect for their religion; for he was aware that it is, so to speak, the mother of the Christian religion, and he knew that both religions rest upon the authority of the patriarchs and the prophets; but he thought to grieve the Christians by favoring the Jews, who are their most inveterate enemies. But perhaps he also calculated upon persuading the Jews to embrace paganism and sacrifices; for they were only acquainted with the mere letter of Scripture, and could not, like the Christians and a few of the wisest among the Hebrews, discern the hidden meaning.

Events proved that this was his real motive; for he sent for some of the chiefs of the race and exhorted them to return to the observance of the laws of Moses and the customs of their fathers. On their replying that because the temple in Jerusalem was overturned, it was neither lawful nor ancestral to do this in another place than the metropolis out of which they had been cast, he gave them public money, commanded them to rebuild the temple, and to practice the cult similar to that of their ancestors, by sacrificing after the ancient way. The Jews entered upon the undertaking, without reflecting that, according to the prediction of the holy prophets, it could not be accomplished. They sought for the most skillful artisans, collected materials, cleared the ground, and entered so earnestly upon the task, that even the women carried heaps of earth, and brought their necklaces and other female ornaments towards defraying the expense. The emperor, the other pagans, and all the Jews, regarded every other undertaking as secondary in importance to this. Although the pagans were not well-disposed towards the Jews, yet they assisted them in this enterprise, because they reckoned upon its ultimate success, and hoped by this means to falsify the prophecies of Christ. Besides this motive, the Jews themselves were impelled by the consideration that the time had arrived for rebuilding their temple. When they had removed the ruins of the former building, they dug up the ground and cleared away its foundation; it is said that on the following day when they were about to lay the first foundation, a great earthquake occurred, and by the violent agitation of the earth, stones were thrown up from the depths, by which those of the Jews who were engaged in the work were wounded, as likewise those who were merely looking on. The houses and public porticos, near the site of the temple, in which they had diverted themselves, were suddenly thrown down; many were caught thereby, some perished immediately, others were found half dead and mutilated of hands or legs, others were injured in other parts of the body. When God caused the earthquake to cease, the workmen who survived again returned to their task, partly because such was the edict of the emperor, and partly because they were themselves interested in the undertaking. Men often, in endeavoring to gratify their own passions, seek what is injurious to them, reject what would be truly advantageous, and are deluded-by the idea that nothing is really useful except what is agreeable to them. When once led astray by this error, they are no longer able to act in a manner conducive to their own interests, or to take warning by the calamities which are visited upon them.

The Jews, I believe, were just in this state; for, instead of regarding this unexpected earthquake as a manifest indication that God was opposed to the re-erection of their temple, they proceeded to recommence the work. But all parties relate, that they had scarcely returned to the undertaking, when fire burst suddenly from the foundations of the temple, and consumed several of the workmen.

This fact is fearlessly stated, and believed by all; the only discrepancy in the narrative is that some maintain that flame burst from the interior of the temple, as the workmen were striving to force an entrance, while others say that the fire proceeded directly from the earth. In whichever way the phenomenon might have occurred, it is equally wonderful. A more tangible and still more extraordinary prodigy ensued; suddenly the sign of the cross appeared spontaneously on the garments of the persons engaged in the undertaking. These crosses were disposed like stars, and appeared the work of art. Many were hence led to confess that Christ is God, and that the rebuilding of the temple was not pleasing to Him; others presented themselves in the church, were initiated, and besought Christ, with hymns and supplications, to pardon their transgression. If any one does not feel disposed to believe my narrative, let him go and be convinced by those who heard the facts I have related from the eyewitnesses of them, for they are still alive. Let him inquire, also, of the Jews and pagans who left the work in an incomplete state, or who, to speak more accurately, were able to commence it.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
QUOTE: what needs to happen for the end times to arrive ?
The end times arrived over 200 years ago. If the question was framed... What needs to happen for Jesus to return? The answer would be, the church needs to get ready.
Jesus isn't waiting for the world to get really really bad. He's waiting for the church to get really really better. When the church comes to the place she needs to be, then the gospel will be preached to all the world, and Jesus will come.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Matthew 24

You mean until Lord Jesus returns?

1. "league" of Daniel 11 made between the symbolic "vile person" (Antichrist-false-Messiah), and false Jews in Jerusalem. This will put into motion bringing back the unbelieving Jews' old covenant worship.
2. coming of the pseudo-Christ of Matthew 24 to Jerusalem, and finalization of his kingdom, the "one world government" over all nations and peoples, with its headquarters at Jerusalem. Go ahead to build the next temple and startup old covenant worship with sacrifices.
3. false messiah ending sacrifices, and instead placing a idol abomination inside the new temple for worship of himself instead. His performing great signs and wonders and miracles to fool the world into believing he is God having come to earth.
4. great tribulation upon the saints who refuse to bow to the false messiah. Many saints killed.
5. Jesus gathers the nations that come up against Jerusalem on the last day, and the 7th Vial is poured out upon them, with God's consuming fire ending this present world on that "day of the Lord" event, the last day of this present world.
6. immediately Christ's future "thousand years" reign with His elect starts. The leftovers that came against Jerusalem are made to go up to Jerusalem from year to year and worship The KING, The LORD of hosts, and keep the feast of tabernacles. And those nations who refuse to come up and worship, there will be no rain upon their lands.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Matthew 24

Technically, the end times started with the resurrection, but the last days could be upon us now. I don't know if you've noticed, but the war in Ukraine has arms sales skyrocketing, Nato nations readying armies, Russia rebuilding its relationship with China, fuel shortages, food shortages, growing famines, droughts, crop failures, sudden reappearances of diseases with potentially lethal consequences, massive earthquakes and floods, and worldwide economic crises.
I probably shouldn't watch international news.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I probably shouldn't watch international news.
What you and everyone need to study is the Bible Prophesies;

Psalms 7:1-5 Lord my God, in You I find refuge, protect me from my pursuers, those who want to kill me. I have not stained my hands with guilt or committed any evil deed, if I had – let my enemy come and trample my honour into the dust.

Psalms 7:6-11 Arise, Lord, in Your anger, rouse Yourself in wrath against those who oppose Your servants. You who ordained that justice must be done, awake now! Let the peoples come, You that sit on high and pass sentence on the nations. Uphold the cause of Your righteous servants, Your innocent people. You, who search the hearts and minds of everyone, support the righteous and contain the wicked. Rely on the Lord to shield us, He saves the honest, in His righteous anger He will judge justly.

Psalms 7:12-16 The enemy prepares his weapons and makes ready to attack. It is against himself that his deadly shafts tipped with fire, will recoil upon. The godless are in partnership with the devil, plotting mischief and conceiving lies. They work hard at their plans to cause the downfall of God’s people, but what they have prepared will fall upon their own heads. Obadiah 15, Hab. 3:14, Isaiah 8:9-10

David, the psalmist/prophet, states his innocence. He asks that the Lord, in His righteousness will ‘pass sentence on the godless nations’ and give him refuge and protection. Psalms 24:3-5

Verses 12-16 seem to be entirely end time prophecy, as what is described here did not happen to David. Now, in these times, we have real ‘deadly shafts tipped with fire’: nuke tipped missiles. The enemies are fanatical Islamists and political extremists, who plot nothing less than the domination of the world. Any means of achieving that goal is permissible to them and now population pressure coupled with natural disasters, creating land and resource shortages, is making some kind of extreme action inevitable.

They are ‘in partnership with the devil’, he will motivate them to attack Israel.

‘’They will fall into the pit of their own making“ the Lord will act at the moment of attack by the means of a coronal mass ejection, that will strike initially with a high powered electromagnetic pulse, [this may cause the effect described as ‘the sky rolled up like a scroll’] making weapons even hidden underground to explode. In fact, some of the prophecies about the Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath, specifically say that the military power of the nations will be destroyed. Psalms 46:9, Psalms 76:3, Jeremiah 49:35, Jeremiah 50:23 & 30, Amos 5:9, Joel 3:4

Psalms 58:11 It will be said: There is after all reward for the righteous and there is after all a God who dispenses justice on earth.

Psalms 7:17 I shall praise the Lord for His righteousness and sing praises to His Name.
Reference: Revised English Bible. Some verses condensed.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the Ezekiel 38 war has not happened yet. Damascus has not been destroyed.