What part of the Bible are you studying?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The words in red. ;)
And everything else that is Jesus. Is Jesus not the Word of God? What is the Bible?
Is any part to be excluded? If so who would qualify to make the decision?

Give God the glory!

Reactions: Helen

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:10-13

*10. He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11. He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13. who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.*

Believe in His Name means you are born of God, not by your own will or because of your lineage ( such as being born Jewish or having Christian parents or membership in a certain Church, etc. ) My will doesn't save me, or even cause me to lose my salvation. Being born of God is eternal.

Reactions: pia and Helen

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And everything else that is Jesus. Is Jesus not the Word of God? What is the Bible?
Is any part to be excluded? If so who would qualify to make the decision?

Give God the glory!

I meant I am currently reading the gospel. Sorry for any misunderstandings. :p

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Luke 17:11-19.

11. "Now it happened as He went to Jerusalem that He passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee. 12. Then as He entered a certain village, there met Him ten men who were lepers, who stood afar off. 13. And they lifted up their voices and said, “Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!”

14. So when He saw them, He said to them, “Go, show yourselves to the priests.”And so it was that as they went, they were cleansed.

15. And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, returned, and with a loud voice glorified God, 16. and fell down on his face at His feet, giving Him thanks. And he was a Samaritan.

17. So Jesus answered and said, “Were there not ten cleansed? But where are the nine? 18. Were there not any found who returned to give glory to God except this foreigner?” 19. And He said to him, “Arise, go your way. Your faith has made you well.”

So, it seems as if the Samaritan was not only healed, but also had saving faith. The other nine were only healed of leprosy.
Spiritual healing is more important than physical healing.
Well its seems that physical healing was important to Jesus. God celibrated His Son being beaten at the whipping post for your healing. So it seems that it was very important to God and Jesus that your body would be healed for by His stripes. Why are so many Christian so very keen to knock down what God provided through the Son? There was never a sacrifiacial animal ever treated like this. He was beaten beyond recognition. He was marred like NO OTHER ever on the earth. And you play it down. Your job is to break the works of satan who came to steal kill and destroy. So that would invlve what you wetre told lay hands on the sick raise the dead and cast out demons. You are not told to save anyone. You cant save anyone. He does. You do as you were told a dn go lay hands on the sick, raise the dead. and cast out demons. You are not called to save anyone. So please stop down playing what Christ was beaten to a pulp for.

Reactions: Helen and pia

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Luke 16:27-31.The rich man talking to Abraham:

27. “Then he said, ‘I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him (Lazarus) to my father’s house, 28 for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.’ 29 Abraham said to him, ‘They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.’ 30 And he said, ‘No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.’ 31 But he said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.’”

Healings, miracles, being raised from the dead, visions of Jesus, will not change a person's heart to repent. "Moses and the prophets" (the Word of God) will.
So what is your point? No point telling us what doesnt work. I say healing is from God and you are reducing it to something less. why would you do that/ what are you hoping to achieve? No one said this is the answer for salvation I said we have a green light to lay hands on the sick. Cause God said so. I said we are to raise the dead cause God said so. I said we cast out demons cause God said so. Thats what we are called to do. You are not called to save anyone. You are called to reach the good news. Jeus is risen set the captives free as you go. Now you have an ear. I seen more people saved cause they saw something that is real. Than I saw in 21 years in church . In fact I saw mopre people die or leave church in that 21 years than I ever saw saved, so the numbers are going down continually. Why do you want to down play the commision for whaich we have a green light???????

Is it because you never saw any healing? Is it because you never tried it? Is it because you lost someone. Is it beacuse you saw some false healing ministrys? Why you agaisnt healing why are you agaisnt gods word?/ I never said at any point in time healing is more valuable than salvation. So why you coming against Gods word.

Reactions: Helen and pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Tabletalk.......But he said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.’”
I know this is what it says in the Bible, but I can tell you that that is not always the case. I had been raised in an atheist family, even the subject of any type of religion was taboo. But when I was 30 years old I had what they now call a near death experience, and Jesus saved me from where I went, and then after I had returned to my body, He came, and I can't explain it to anyone, but I knew immediately who He was, and that He knew absolutely everything there was to know about me ( This happened the instant our eyes met ).
So I can categorically say now ( to myself or anyone wanting to know ) that Jesus IS real, and because He ended up being real, then so is God ! I am not sure I would have ever become a believer any other way ??? So it may not have worked for the brothers of the rich man in the Bible story, but it sure worked for me.................Blessings Pia

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John chapter 9. (Jesus healed a man who was blind from his birth)

3. Jesus answered, “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him.

35. Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when He had found him, He said to him, “Do you believe in the Son of God?”

36. He answered and said, “Who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?”

37. And Jesus said to him, “You have both seen Him and it is He who is talking with you.”

38.Then he said, “Lord, I believe!” And he worshiped Him.

Again, physical healing is incidental in this chapter. The previously blind man now believes in the Son of God. Spiritual healing!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just finished book 2 of the psalms and was surprised to find that most of David's imprecatory psalms were about Christ's return and the judgment of those who reject Him.

be humble

Aug 24, 2017
Hong Kong
Faith
Christian
Country
Hong Kong
Matthew 23

Why would the Lord Jesus need to say these words? The Lord Jesus say it? “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!” (See Matthew 23: 13-33). These words were continuously repeated at least five or six times. Because these Pharisees were the enemy of the Lord Jesus, they continuously condemned the Lord Jesus, they incessantly disparaged and judged the Lord Jesus. As a result, even though the Lord Jesus saw that there were some in the synagogues that truly believed in God, He could not contact them, for as soon as He contacted them He would be captured, and as soon as He was captured He would be nailed to the cross. In His final three years the Lord Jesus knew that He could be captured and nailed to the cross. So, He hid Himself several times, and did not go into the synagogues. Then the Lord Jesus said, “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!” Why did He say this so many times? It’s sufficient to show and to prove that the Lord Jesus hated these Pharisees. He hated these Pharisees, for they were His enemies. He hated them, for everyday they would judge and condemn Him.

What purpose did the Lord Jesus have in mind when He condemned the Pharisees? First, to curse those who resisted Him; but second, what was the primary result He wanted to attain? Was it enough to simply curse them and call it quits? What was the ultimate goal? To make religious people discern the Pharisees, abandon them, and no longer follow them, “What you all believe in is the Lord, God, it is not the Pharisees, and it definitely is not the chief priests and scribes. You must distinguish yourselves clearly from them, do not worship them or superstitiously believe in them, do not ask for their opinions on everything. They are not your ancestors, and they certainly are not your Lord, so why do you always listen to them? If you believe in the Lord you ought to follow the Lord, listen to the word of the Lord and seek the truth!” Was this what was meant? So then was the Lord Jesus mistaken in cursing the Pharisees? Some people say: “We cannot judge people!” So was the Lord Jesus wrong in cursing the Pharisees? Could it be that because of this the Lord Jesus is not a loving and merciful Lord? We must distinguish these things.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What purpose did the Lord Jesus have in mind when He condemned the Pharisees? First, to curse those who resisted Him; but second, what was the primary result He wanted to attain? Was it enough to simply curse them and call it quits? What was the ultimate goal? To make religious people discern the Pharisees, abandon them, and no longer follow them, “What you all believe in is the Lord, God, it is not the Pharisees, and it definitely is not the chief priests and scribes. You must distinguish yourselves clearly from them, do not worship them or superstitiously believe in them, do not ask for their opinions on everything. They are not your ancestors, and they certainly are not your Lord, so why do you always listen to them? If you believe in the Lord you ought to follow the Lord, listen to the word of the Lord and seek the truth!” Was this what was meant? So then was the Lord Jesus mistaken in cursing the Pharisees? Some people say: “We cannot judge people!” So was the Lord Jesus wrong in cursing the Pharisees? Could it be that because of this the Lord Jesus is not a loving and merciful Lord? We must distinguish these things.
Jesus cursed no one, HE simply spoke teh truth, and them denying teh truth simply got offended, So they in there own words rejected there saviour.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus cursed no one, HE simply spoke teh truth, and them denying teh truth simply got offended, So they in there own words rejected there saviour.

mjr,

That's not what my Bible states. This will happen at the Final Judgment. Jesus said: “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘You are cursed! Go away from me into the fire that burns forever. It has been prepared for the devil and his angels" (Matt 25:41 NIRV).

Oz

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
hen he will say to those on his left, ‘You are cursed!
Mine says

Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Doesnt say " I curse you", they are cursed because of what they have done. Is tha treally what you think of Jesus

Joh_1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.