What Pleases God about His Creation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

zail

Feb 14, 2008
I'm amazed at God's creative powers. He built creation around the contrast of different features: light and dark, day and night, oceans and the atmosphere, dry earth and the watery seas, the moon and the sun, creatures in the sea and in the sky and on land, lesser beings and dominant mankind, male and female. (Paraphrase of Genesis 1) In the six days of creation, God was pleased with all of these contrasts He created. The mention of God seeing something and recognizing it as "good" only happens these 7 times in the Bible. (1: light and dark, 2: earth and seas, 3: vegetation, 4: sun and moon, 5: sea and sky creatures, 6: land creatures, 7: the combination of all of His creation.) This tells us a little bit about God. He is a God that enjoys contrasts of roles, flavors, appearances, creatures and how everything works together. They are things that are unique and "good" in His eyes. On the other hand, things that are bland and lacking of unique characteristics are repelling to Him. The Book of Revelations later echoes this same characteristic of The Almighty with it's included letter to Laodicea. I think it's amazing that the letter starts like this "...These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God:" (Revelation 3:13). The very "beginning of the creation of (by) God" (that we just read about in Gen. 1) is the context by which our God of contrast is explained to the Laodiceans with in this letter of being "hot or cold". It makes perfect sense if you remember how God created the world using contrast. The rest of the letter reads:"I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches."(Revelation 3:15-22) The "Lord of creation" (of Genesis 1) referenced in the letter, created things to be "hot or cold". He is pleased by contrast. Lives without their unique taste are gross to Him. They are then rejected from being consumed by Him. We see, just in creation, that the Lord enjoys opposite balances. I believe this is why He let the serpent into the garden and allowed man the ability to fall. He let us sin because there is no holiness without something to be "set apart" from. Having sin gives us the opportunity to taste "hot" in His mouth when we choose notto be sinful and not taste "cold". Our choice to make is to respond to the Lord and be "consumed" by Him because we have a contrast, or to remain rejected from His "mouth". He will give due judgment to both the spiritually "cold" and the spiritually "hot", but it seems that those without being either are simply rejected from His desire to even try us at all. Be unique. Live out your role. Never settle for bland. These type of things please the Lord when He looks at us: His creation.

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
The "Lord of creation" (of Genesis 1) referenced in the letter, created things to be "hot or cold". He is pleased by contrast. Lives without their unique taste are gross to Him. They are then rejected from being consumed by Him. We see, just in creation, that the Lord enjoys opposite balances. I believe this is why He let the serpent into the garden and allowed man the ability to fall. He let us sin because there is no holiness without something to be "set apart" from. Having sin gives us the opportunity to taste "hot" in His mouth when we choose notto be sinful and not taste "cold". He did not want man to fall.He wanted man to make the choice of his own(freewill) God could of made it where we were robots worshipping because we wanted to. He instead chose to give us freewill,would you be pleased if your child cleaned the house or did something nice because he/she wanted to. That is what God loves,God wants us to worship him on our own will not because we have to. I do not believe he wanted us to be set apart from holiness,just for man to choose to follow his path,and not be mindless beings. That may of been what you said but I am not sure.

VISIONARY

Mar 24, 2008
Well, I agree He did want those contrasts, and it showed in his helping satan, by putting the tree in eden as well as inviting satan in, what good thing could have come from that? Remember, they could have still sinned without the help, they could have always turned from God and decided to worship something else. In fact, I saw "The Miracle" play in Tennessee and now realize that Satan was set apart and given the earth because the other ANGELS did not like him or his works. Thus the father wanted to see what he would do with a society. It does not mean he likes all he does, nor that he won't punish the guy later, but it sure does explain a lot about why all this is here, and I think you are right. There were also plenty of bad creations, bad in sense of evil intent and wrong, causing pain, sickness, not bad in that they do not work as desired. Ticks would be such an example. I suspect there are no "good" virus either, but there are good bacteria and some other things that look bad actually are not. Termites have a real function in a forest, but ticks are not anywhere needed. Also bible says God knows both good and evil, and the devil does as well, and now man as well. So there is no false info anywhere, the bible is all true, you just have to figure it out. Do you think for a minute the devil could come tempt Christ on earth, if the father had not approved of that?