What prophesy still needs to be fulfilled?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I can’t seem to get an agreement on this. They refer me to Daniel and the war between the king of the south and the king of the north which I think they believe is Russia. What’s your thoughts?
That prophecy has nothing to do with Russia. After Alexander died, his empire was divided between four of his generals. Eventually one of their dynasties ruled Syria (the king of the north or the Seleucids) and the other ruled Egypt (the king of the south or the Ptolemies). And those two dynasties were constantly at war with each other. These are called "The Syrian Wars". The terms "north" and "south" relate to Palestine.

Eve

Mar 11, 2022
Gulf coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing remains but the end.

These are like the days of Noah. Then comes the end.

Most will find that contrary to what the prophecies would suggest. However, much of what is written and what Jesus [actually] said, is misunderstood. People look for worldly fulfillment of heavenly events and miss them completely...thus, He comes when most do not expect, just as He said.

So...most of Christendom has fallen into the great delusion that was foretold of our times. It is written. But most will tell you different.
I remember reading somewhere thst we will be going about our business as usual, having babies, getting married right up until the end.

Reactions: ScottA

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lightbearers.org is I believe. I went there. I find it helpful so I can get a good idea of what each one believe so I won’t offend anyone.
Light Bearers' mission is…
https://www.lightbearers.org › about

Light Bearers is a non-profit organization and a supporting ministry of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. background ...
Yes they are and do Eve.
The position I take is, truth is truth, it matters not who speaks it and untruth is untruth by the same principle.
The idea that someone or some organisation has a monopoly on truth is a flawed idea. God uses donkeys if he needs to....or as Jesus said, even stones.

Eve

Mar 11, 2022
Gulf coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That prophecy has nothing to do with Russia. After Alexander died, his empire was divided between four of his generals. Eventually one of their dynasties ruled Syria (the king of the north or the Seleucids) and the other ruled Egypt (the king of the south or the Ptolemies). And those two dynasties were constantly at war with each other. These are called "The Syrian Wars". The terms "north" and "south" relate to Palestine.
So, you think it was written for thst time and not a foreshadowing of some future event?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, you think it was written for that time and not a foreshadowing of some future event?
Actually Daniel 11 gives us a historical-prophetic narrative which begins with the Persian empire and ends with the reign of the Antichrist. Alexander's empire and its breakup is mentioned in verses 3-4. But it involves the land of Palestine throughout. It is not very easy to discern the various events historically after the Syrian wars, but here is the passage which focuses on the future Antichrist (see 2 Thessalonians 2 and Revelation 13):

1. THE ANTICHRIST WILL BE THE ARCH BLASPHEMER OF GOD
36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done. [Note: "marvellous things" = blasphemies]

2. THE ANTICHRIST WILL REJECT THE TRUE GOD AND CALL HIMSELF GOD
37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all. [Note. see 2 Thessalonians 2]

3. THE ANTICHRIST WILL EXALT SATAN INSTEAD OF GOD
38 But in his estate shall he honour the [god] of forces [a heathen god = Satan]: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things. [Note: see Revelation 13]

Reactions: Eve

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember reading somewhere thst we will be going about our business as usual, having babies, getting married right up until the end.
That is correct, that is what Jesus referred to as being like "the days of Noah."

Meanwhile, the learned leaders of the church are like those of the times leading up to the first coming of Jesus. They were so far off--not intentionally, but nevertheless, so far off about the truth of God that most considered Him a heretic, and they crucified Him. And that is likely the case for His second coming...except, this time it is the church who has all but departed from the faith. Sadly.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, that is what my friends think too. We are just a bunch with no particular training in Bible prophecy, just trying to work out what is happening now. We wonder about Russia and what he will do with nuclear weapons. It really could start WW3 if NATO gets dragged in. Thsnks for answering me,
These things align with what Jesus referred to as "wars and rumors of wars", saying, "but the end is not yet."

Reactions: Eve

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
quietthinker said:
Yes they are and do Eve.
The position I take is, truth is truth, it matters not who speaks it and untruth is untruth by the same principle.
The idea that someone or some organisation has a monopoly on truth is a flawed idea. God uses donkeys if he needs to....or as Jesus said, even stones.
Being in alignment with the Bible, God's Word, is all that matters.

Denominations are just smoke and mirrors.

If you believe, and teach, what is accurate with scripture, you are in alignment with God Almighty; and He is of no denomination.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, that is what my friends think too. We are just a bunch with no particular training in Bible prophecy, just trying to work out what is happening now. We wonder about Russia and what he will do with nuclear weapons. It really could start WW3 if NATO gets dragged in. Thsnks for answering me,

I can tell you this, the Bible does give insight as to what is coming. Hopefully you believe we are living in the last days, in fact we are very deep into the last days. You are no doubt familiar that there is going to be a great tribulation that will be so severe that if Jesus did not return we would become extinct, but because of God's chosen people, He is going to send Jesus Mat 24:22.

Jehovah will not allow the earth to be destroyed by any means Ps 104:5 and He is going to bring to ruin those ruining the earth Rev 11:18, so while there may be a limited exchange, it will do no permanent harm. There is no doubt this is a scary time, but, to a Christian it is an exciting time, as we are so close to our deliverance, so close to the Kingdom coming, and we all want that maam. All Christians will be protected during the war of Armageddon, as it is God's war to remove the wicked. And a great number will survive through the tribulation and war Rev 7:14. Hope that is comforting for you to know Eve

Eve

Mar 11, 2022
Gulf coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 21 :: NIV. Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

May 29, 2021
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, yes. It tells how Israel got in trouble meddling in the occult and false prophets.
Quiz just for you, Eve--
Who was Israel before this person's name was changed to "Israel"?
just curious
no animosity implied or implied
:)-

Last edited:
May 29, 2021
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What prophesy still needs to be fulfilled?

It is not just one (1).
You can begin with the Ten Commandments but there are many more
I counted 128 + the ten commandments, you may find more
Here are a few you may have missed—
Religion, Morality and Philosophy is what Jesus was telling whomever would listen

Religion, Morality and Philosophy
RMP Is best woven together in the following biblical verses

(Mal 3:5 KJV) And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.

(Jer 14:8 KJV) O the hope of Israel, the saviour thereof in time of trouble, why shouldest thou be as a stranger in the land, and as a wayfaring man that turneth aside to tarry for a night?

(Ezek 14:7 KJV) For every one of the house of Israel, or of the stranger that sojourneth in Israel, which separateth himself from me, and setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to a prophet to inquire of him concerning me; I the LORD will answer him by myself:

(Deu 1:16 KJV) And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him.

(Deu 10:19 KJV) Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

(Deu 24:19 KJV) When thou cuttest down thine harvest in thy field, and hast forgot a sheaf in the field, thou shalt not go again to fetch it: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow: that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hands.

(Deu 24:20 KJV) When thou beatest thine olive tree, thou shalt not go over the boughs again: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.

(Deu 24:21 KJV) When thou gatherest the grapes of thy vineyard, thou shalt not glean it afterward: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow

(Jer 7:6 KJV) If ye oppress not the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and shed not innocent blood in this place, neither walk after other gods to your hurt:

(Jer 22:3 KJV) Thus saith the LORD; Execute ye judgment and righteousness, and deliver the spoiled out of the hand of the oppressor: and do no wrong, do no violence to the stranger, the fatherless, nor the widow, neither shed innocent blood in this place.

(Ezek 22:7 KJV) In thee have they set light by father and mother: in the midst of thee have they dealt by oppression with the stranger: in thee have they vexed the fatherless and the widow.

(Zec 7:10 KJV) And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.

(Exo 22:21 KJV) Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

(Exo 23:9 KJV) Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

(Lev 19:34 KJV) But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

(Lev 25:35 KJV) And if thy brother be waxen poor, and fallen in decay with thee; then thou shalt relieve him: yea, though he be a stranger, or a sojourner; that he may live with thee.

This is the one I like the most----

(Deu 10:19 KJV) Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

The above is what Jesus was telling whoever would listen in the streets when the local Rabi’s told the occupying Romans that if they stopped Jesus’ talk about the Jewish bible the current public unrest would be end.

We all know what happens next; then again repent remains on the table

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can’t seem to get an agreement on this. They refer me to Daniel and the war between the king of the south snd the king of the north which I think they believe is Russia. What’s your thoughts?

If that is the case that sounds like northern Israel versus southern Israel territories. In 70 Ad Jerusalem was obliterated. There as a Jewish - Roman war, documented by the Historian named Josephus who was born around 37 ad. He was famous for being so well written growing up.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes the last days of false gods is approaching, only the lengths of the days has not been determined yet.
as I see it
So very true, Jesus simply narrowed it down to a generation. Can you think of why he might have done this, other than the fact that he didn't know the day or hour?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So very true, Jesus simply narrowed it down to a generation. Can you think of why he might have done this, other than the fact that he didn't know the day or hour?

Actually, Jesus narrowed it down to an "age" where the length of that "age" is slightly longer than "1,000" years of the imprisonment of Satan.

The sign that Jesus gave was the budding of the Fig tree coming back to life after it had laid dormant for just over 2,000 year, and the number of years between that sign and the start of the final harvesting age. He also gave us an event sign in the Six Bowl Judgement when the Time of the Gentiles trampling both God's Sanctuary and His earthly host would end when the kings of the earth assemble at Armageddon.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, Jesus narrowed it down to an "age" where the length of that "age" is slightly longer than "1,000" years of the imprisonment of Satan.

The sign that Jesus gave was the budding of the Fig tree coming back to life after it had laid dormant for just over 2,000 year, and the number of years between that sign and the start of the final harvesting age. He also gave us an event sign in the Six Bowl Judgement when the Time of the Gentiles trampling both God's Sanctuary and His earthly host would end when the kings of the earth assemble at Armageddon.

Thanks Jay for your input. We believe that the millennium starts when Jesus finishes the battle of Armageddon. Yet we believe he received the crown and became King in 1914. I am definitely not up to speed when it comes to understanding that. So based upon that, we too believe that the whole process will take over a literal 1k yrs. However the Bible point blank states that satan will be bound for 1k yrs Rev 20:1,2. I personally doubt it will be exactly 1000 yrs on the nose, as when dealing with time the Bible is, mostly through our understanding, is nor very exacting. A prime example is something as simple as Jesus death and resurrection which was stated:
(Matthew 12:40) . . .the Son of man will be in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights.
(Matthew 16:21) . . .Jesus began explaining to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes and be killed, and on the third day be raised up. . .
Jesus was in fact raised on the third day, yet just a little over 2 days had passed. He was buried by 6 on Friday (Saturday started at 6), and raised in the morning on Sunday. So I guess we will just have to see how it plays out sir.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can’t seem to get an agreement on this. They refer me to Daniel and the war between the king of the south snd the king of the north which I think they believe is Russia. What’s your thoughts?

No shortcuts. Do your own Bible study, asking God's help.

Hint:
Christ's Olivet discourse (Matthew 24; Mark 13; Luke 21) covers the main Signs of the end of this world leading up to His future return. Those Signs is what Lord Jesus commanded us to be watching in the last days. Those Signs parallel the Seals of Revelation 6. And there's only 7 main Signs of the end, including in Christ's Revelation where those were divided further into 21 parts.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thanks Jay for your input. We believe that the millennium starts when Jesus finishes the battle of Armageddon. Yet we believe he received the crown and became King in 1914. I am definitely not up to speed when it comes to understanding that. So based upon that, we too believe that the whole process will take over a literal 1k yrs. However the Bible point blank states that Satan will be bound for 1k yrs Rev 20:1,2. I personally doubt it will be exactly 1000 yrs on the nose, as when dealing with time the Bible is, mostly through our understanding, is nor very exacting. A prime example is something as simple as Jesus death and resurrection which was stated:
(Matthew 12:40) . . .the Son of man will be in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights.
(Matthew 16:21) . . .Jesus began explaining to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes and be killed, and on the third day be raised up. . .
Jesus was in fact raised on the third day, yet just a little over 2 days had passed. He was buried by 6 on Friday (Saturday started at 6), and raised in the morning on Sunday. So I guess we will just have to see how it plays out sir.

Robert,

The understanding determined by the teachers within the JW movement, was determined without all of the facts. The lesson of the fig tree as told by Jesus, was to tell us when the end of the visitation of the iniquities of the fathers upon their children and their children's children would occur and when the age of harvest from the peoples of the earth would begin.

We are also told that the Israelites would be the first fruits of the soon to be established Everlasting Kingdom of God and that this will occur during the time of the Kings in Daniel 2 when the last dominion of Babylon occurs during this present time. At that time the Rock, untouched by human hands will come down from heaven and strike the statue on the stated fifth segments of the statue representing the five empires or kingdoms segments that will or have had dominion over the Land of the Chaldeans/Babylon.

The pillars of the JW's tried to answer the question as to when the end of the world would be, based on the Prophetic records within the Scriptures, but their understanding of these prophetic gems by them was tempered by their choosing of the wrong worldly events upon which to tie/link all of the prophecies together. By choosing the wrong starting point for the linking of all of the prophecies together only means that the end point for the prophetic time period will land on the wrong year for the fulfilment of the assumed applicable prophetic time period. We need to remember that the fourth segment of the Statue only came into view in 1926 AD when a nation was remembered once more as having dominion over the Land of Babylon, some 12 years after the start of WW1 in 1914. Rev. 16:17-21.

As can be seen in your explanation of the crucifixion, the tradition prevails that Christ died on the Friday, yet if you carefully read the Gospels He died on the day of preparation for the Passover, on the Thursday. The Gospel of john tells us that Jesus arrived at Bethany six days before the Passover on the Friday the following week. He arrive at Bethany as the sun was setting in accordance with the Law and spent the Sabbath day resting in Bethany, before during the twilight at the beginning of the following day going to the Temple riding on a young donkey colt.

My understanding of the Scriptures is that the visitation of the iniquities of the fathers upon their children over a two age period has not yet run its full course, and the Lesson to be learned from the fig tree is that, in our near future, the Exodus 20:4-6 prophecy will be completed at the end of this present age. An event associated with the end of this prophecy is the judgement of the nations that have trampled God's Sanctuary and His earthly Hosts for the prescribed 2,300 years which occurs at Armageddon when all of the kings of the earth assemble there. Rev. 16:12-16.

The tradition of the past scholars of the scriptures are still leading many Christians astray today and the errors that have been written into our English Translations today are not helping us to understand the End Time Prophecies.

The JW denomination is not the only denomination that have fallen into the same trap as the JW's.

Now, thanking me for my input, without actually considering the implications of what I have written/posted is not helping you to understand the End Times at all.

Shalom

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robert,

The understanding determined by the teachers within the JW movement, was determined without all of the facts. The lesson of the fig tree as told by Jesus, was to tell us when the end of the visitation of the iniquities of the fathers upon their children and their children's children would occur and when the age of harvest from the peoples of the earth would begin.

We are also told that the Israelites would be the first fruits of the soon to be established Everlasting Kingdom of God and that this will occur during the time of the Kings in Daniel 2 when the last dominion of Babylon occurs during this present time. At that time the Rock, untouched by human hands will come down from heaven and strike the statue on the stated fifth segments of the statue representing the five empires or kingdoms segments that will or have had dominion over the Land of the Chaldeans/Babylon.

The pillars of the JW's tried to answer the question as to when the end of the world would be, based on the Prophetic records within the Scriptures, but their understanding of these prophetic gems by them was tempered by their choosing of the wrong worldly events upon which to tie/link all of the prophecies together. By choosing the wrong starting point for the linking of all of the prophecies together only means that the end point for the prophetic time period will land on the wrong year for the fulfilment of the assumed applicable prophetic time period. We need to remember that the fourth segment of the Statue only came into view in 1926 AD when a nation was remembered once more as having dominion over the Land of Babylon, some 12 years after the start of WW1 in 1914. Rev. 16:17-21.

As can be seen in your explanation of the crucifixion, the tradition prevails that Christ died on the Friday, yet if you carefully read the Gospels He died on the day of preparation for the Passover, on the Thursday. The Gospel of john tells us that Jesus arrived at Bethany six days before the Passover on the Friday the following week. He arrive at Bethany as the sun was setting in accordance with the Law and spent the Sabbath day resting in Bethany, before during the twilight at the beginning of the following day going to the Temple riding on a young donkey colt.

My understanding of the Scriptures is that the visitation of the iniquities of the fathers upon their children over a two age period has not yet run its full course, and the Lesson to be learned from the fig tree is that, in our near future, the Exodus 20:4-6 prophecy will be completed at the end of this present age. An event associated with the end of this prophecy is the judgement of the nations that have trampled God's Sanctuary and His earthly Hosts for the prescribed 2,300 years which occurs at Armageddon when all of the kings of the earth assemble there. Rev. 16:12-16.

The tradition of the past scholars of the scriptures are still leading many Christians astray today and the errors that have been written into our English Translations today are not helping us to understand the End Time Prophecies.

The JW denomination is not the only denomination that have fallen into the same trap as the JW's.

Now, thanking me for my input, without actually considering the implications of what I have written/posted is not helping you to understand the End Times at all.

Shalom

The lesson of the fig tree as told by Jesus, was to tell us when the end of the visitation of the iniquities of the fathers upon their children and their children's children would occur and when the age of harvest from the peoples of the earth would begin.

The lesson of the fig tree was it didn't produce fruit. Christians are expected to make other Christians Mat 28:20, see also parable of talents, same thing.

We need to remember that the fourth segment of the Statue only came into view in 1926 AD when a nation was remembered once more as having dominion over the Land of Babylon, some 12 years after the start of WW1 in 1914. Rev. 16:17-21.

In 1879 the Watchtower magazine put in print that the appointed times of the nations would end in 1914, Jesus would receive the crown and start his presence. WW#1 confirms the truth of that to me sir.

We are also told that the Israelites would be the first fruits of the soon to be established Everlasting Kingdom of God and that this will occur during the time of the Kings in Daniel 2 when the last dominion of Babylon occurs during this present time.

God's covenanted people had the first opportunity to accept the positions offered to them, however they rejected Christ, and a new covenant was given. The firstfruits are now made up of people of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues sir. Rev 5:9,10