What should be the Christian's Response to the Homosexual?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What an excellent post! :cool: It really pains me to listen to some "Christians" when it comes to this particular issue. It’s like they loose their minds! Consider how Jesus addressed the adulteress about to be stoned! Even though he said to her "sin no more," he didn't stand over her condemning her like the rest of the crowd. In fact, he chastised the crowd! Whoa! He protected her from those who were judging her, condemning her and about to execute her. What a lesson for all of us to learn. :amen: Lyte

Are you saying The True God is wrong for commanding in the law covenant that the adulterous person male or female is to be put to death. Adultery carried the death penalty for those caught in the act of adultery. Also in many Bibles these so called scriptures that speak of this scene concerning this adultress are not in most Bibles.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you saying The True God is wrong for commanding in the law covenant that the adulterous person male or female is to be put to death. Adultery carried the death penalty for those caught in the act of adultery. Also in many Bibles these so called scriptures that speak of this scene concerning this adultress are not in most Bibles.
Death comes to all who sin, is there sin worse than yours??

Reactions: Helen

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are a disproportionate number of new members on this thread.....rather odd don't you think?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You can state it's wrong for people to judge that those who practice gross sins will not be in God's kingdom. It looks like you're watering down the truth when the scriptures say that
adulterers were to be put to death, and when you speak out against someone who agrees with that. Which is what you're doing by texting that we shouldn't judge adulterers even though they're showing a genuine lack of love for their spouse but most importantly showing a gross lack of love for the True God. I can see by what you text concerning this situation of people committing adultery that if a person judges such people that they are showing a genuine lack of love for the True God and their spouse, you would consider them wrong for saying such a thing no matter how true it is. People are always doing their best to justify sinning. Too many people do this by watering down the truth. That's why adultery and so many other sins are becoming so numerous in Christendom is that people water down the truth so that people who are practicing so many gross sins can go to church and believe themselves to be upstanding Christians because people have convinced them that it's those who judge that it is those who are practicing such gross sins that will not be in God's kingdom. That those who are agreeing with that scripture are the ones who are wrong for making such a judgmental statement. Too many consider it judging to agree with scripture that says such people who practice such sins will not be in God's kingdom. They are putting themselves above God and judging him because his word judges that such people who are practicing such gross sins as adultery, homosexuality etc will not be in his kingdom. This is true no matter how much a person thinks I'm judgmental for agreeing in The True God's word.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You can state it's wrong for people to judge that those who practice gross sins will not be in God's kingdom. It looks like you're watering down the truth when the scriptures say that
adulterers were to be put to death, and when you speak out against someone who agrees with that. Which is what you're doing by texting that we shouldn't judge adulterers even though they're showing a genuine lack of love for their spouse but most importantly showing a gross lack of love for the True God. I can see by what you text concerning this situation of people committing adultery that if a person judges such people that they are showing a genuine lack of love for the True God and their spouse, you would consider them wrong for saying such a thing no matter how true it is. People are always doing their best to justify sinning. Too many people do this by watering down the truth. That's why adultery and so many other sins are becoming so numerous in Christendom is that people water down the truth so that people who are practicing so many gross sins can go to church and believe themselves to be upstanding Christians because people have convinced them that it's those who judge that it is those who are practicing such gross sins that will not be in God's kingdom. That those who are agreeing with that scripture are the ones who are wrong for making such a judgmental statement. Too many consider it judging to agree with scripture that says such people who practice such sins will not be in God's kingdom. They are putting themselves above God and judging him because his word judges that such people who are practicing such gross sins as adultery, homosexuality etc will not be in his kingdom. This is true no matter how much a person thinks I'm judgmental for agreeing in The True God's word.
You have no idea of what you speak, that is what "blasphemy" is, but i am so glad that you had the choice to be born "perfect" so that you can judge others who had no choice but to be born the way they are. Good for you. Nice to have others to point the finger at and hide behind so God cant see you.

Are you God??

Joh 8:15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.
Joh 8:16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

Got a big bag of stones to throw I assume.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do you think God was ignorant of the fact that death comes to all who sin? Although I don't think that they are worst than me it changes nothing, because God still commanded that any caught in the act of adultery were to be put to death.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you think God was ignorant of the fact that death comes to all who sin? Although I don't think that they are worst than me it changes nothing, because God still commanded that any caught in the act of adultery were to be put to death.
So do all that sin, see it doesnt matter, you are the one making it a problem not God, everytime you point the finger and say "guilty" you condemn some one and stand on the side of the accuser, he has lots of wittiness in his case against mankind, and most of them are christians. whose side are you on.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have no idea of what you speak, that is what "blasphemy" is, but i am so glad that you had the choice to be born "perfect" so that you can judge others who had no choice but to be born the way they are. Good for you. Nice to have others to point the finger at and hide behind so God cant see you.

Are you God??

Joh 8:16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

Actually you're the one who's being blasphemous by judging God like you do. Because you are implying God to be wrong for commanding that those caught in the act of adultery to be put to death. I can see that by what you text. You can't water down the truth. If you do you're judging that God was being Too strict and unjust with his judgements concerning his commands.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually you're the one who's being blasphemous by judging God like you do. Because you are implying God to be wrong for commanding that those caught in the act of adultery to be put to death. I can see that by what you text. You can't water down the truth. If you do you're judging that God was being Too strict and unjust with his judgements concerning his commands.
Oh jeesh now you use God to justify judging others, oh that devil is smart, Every time you point your finger at them you do so at yourself.

Luk_6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

Are you God??

The great problem with getting the gospel across to homosexuals is that Christian zealots have ruined it in so many ways that the normal homosexual feels that Christians hate and judge them. They see Christians as homophobic and rightly so, because that is the way so many Christians come across to them. So there is a almost impassable barrier to them even listening to, let alone receiving the gospel.

Also, and I don't know the situation in your country, but if any Christian says publicly that homosexuality is a sin and anyone who does not repent will go to hell, that is considered "hate speech" and can end up being prosecuted for it. We had a world class All Black rugby player fired from the team and his contract cancelled because he said that sinners, including homosexuals are sinners and unless they repent, they will end up in hell. It was all over national news, and it made international news as well, and his wife, a top Netball player had to step down from her team even though she made no statement herself. This is how the defence of homosexuality, now made legal, has permeated our society to the degree that we cannot even state what the Bible says about it any more.

No one else is to blame but the church. Some denominational churches actually have homosexual ministers now, and they welcome homosexuals as full members, equal to hetrosexual members. The church, in general, has failed to take a full uncompromising stand on the truth of the Bible, and it is suffering the consequences of it.

But it is not impossible to share the gospel with homosexuals in a way that is not judgmental and offensive to them, and when Christian workers put their own ideology aside, and forget about attacking their homosexuality, which is just a symptom of the general sinfulness of unsaved people, then we can appeal to them from their own conscience of what they think is good or bad about themselves and if they died today, and there is a judgment, what would they do. Then we can then share about our loving Saviour who came to die on the cross to take the penalty of their sin, and ours on Himself so that God's case against us can be dismissed at the judgment and we can go free.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So do all that sin, see it doesnt matter, you are the one making it a problem not God, everytime you point the finger and say "guilty" you condemn some one and stand on the side of the accuser, he has lots of wittiness in his case against mankind, and most of them are christians. whose side are you on.

You think that because we all die because we're all sinners that means we live any old way we want? God doesn't change, He showed in the past that those who practiced adultery and were caught in the act carried a death sentence. He continues to say in his word that those who practice adultery will not be in his kingdom. He instead will judge them worthy of eternal death.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You think that because we all die because we're all sinners that means we live any old way we want? God doesn't change, He showed in the past that those who practiced adultery and were caught in the act carried a death sentence. He continues to say in his word that those who practice adultery will not be in his kingdom. He instead will judge them worthy of eternal death.
Do you really think that they all choose to be the way they are, you need to go study the human body and what "corruption" does, but that would not be enough for you, you need some one to condemn as I said you condemn yourself.

People love using the bible to point fingers, keep at it

Joh_8:10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

I wonder where you would be.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you really think that they all choose to be the way they are, you need to go study the human body and what "corruption" does, but that would not be enough for you, you need some one to condemn as I said you condemn yourself.

People love using the bible to point fingers, keep at it

Joh_8:10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

I wonder where you would be.

It's obvious you think God is ignorant of this corruption of the body. God does know about the corruption of the body and God still says that those who practice sins which include adultery and homosexuality will not be in his kingdom. That's not going to change. You can text about corruption of the body all you want God knows more about it more than you and he still tells us in scripture that those who practice sin will not be in his kingdom.

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"What should be the Christian's response " to thieves, adulterers, greedy, idolators ?

The same. None of those are found in heaven. Not one. Likewise, no sexxual perverts.

Any sinner: "Unless you repent, you will each likewise perish" , as in forever, bye bye, no redemption.

The only thing to look forward to, without redemption, is the lake of fire.... soul and body destroyed.

And, here on earth, living daily under the curse (of sin, etc) .

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reading the Bible, it is clear that God the Creator condemns the perverts. (why a thread on just this sin though - the penalty for any sin is death)

We can agree with God, or disagree with God.

As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord Jesus, as He Says.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's obvious you think God is ignorant of this corruption of the body. God does know about the corruption of the body and God still says that those who practice sins which include adultery and homosexuality will not be in his kingdom. That's not going to change. You can text about corruption of the body all you want God knows more about it more than you and he still tells us in scripture that those who practice sin will not be in his kingdom.
and when Jesus lifts His head and says, where are your accusers, they will all point there fingers at you.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Reading the Bible, it is clear that God the Creator condemns the perverts. (why a thread on just this sin though - the penalty for any sin is death)

We can agree with God, or disagree with God.

As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord Jesus, as He Says.
A lot of them call themsleves "christian",