What Should Our Attitude Be During These End Times?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hamster

Jul 4, 2010
New Brunswick
Okay, so as Christians, should we be excited and joyful in eager expectation for our Lord's return like Paul wrote, or should we fear what will happen.

Remember Christians aren't the victim's of God's wrath, so when these events take place, will we rejoice? or not?

I think personally we will rejoice and worship and praise God while he pours out his wrath on this earth.

what are your thoughts?

omnicopy

Aug 14, 2010
Okay, so as Christians, should we be excited and joyful in eager expectation for our Lord's return like Paul wrote, or should we fear what will happen.

Remember Christians aren't the victim's of God's wrath, so when these events take place, will we rejoice? or not?

I think personally we will rejoice and worship and praise God while he pours out his wrath on this earth.

what are your thoughts?

I think we will have a very deep down joy that no man can take away from us. But I also think that nothing about the tribulation is going to be fun. The bible says it is going to be a day of gloom and darkness. Something tells me there's not going to be too much that we are going to like about the tribulation time.

Just my opinion

Kim

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009

what are your thoughts?

The appearance of the Messiah Jesus will be a time of unspeakable joy for His followers both the ones who will be resurrected at that time and the small number that will be transformed from their carnal state into their eternal bodies. But the times before His coming will be dark indeed for all who believe Jesus. Most Christians will not live to see His coming. But we can take confidence and solace in knowing that no matter what we go through all will be well for us in the end. For those who reject Jesus their suffering will not be tempered by any such hopes. For them what comes after the wrath will be far worse then the wrath itself.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

omnicopy

Aug 14, 2010
I, personally, don't think the tribulation will be like many of us picture or like we've been led to believe. A time of gloom and darkness.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I, personally, don't think the tribulation will be like many of us picture or like we've been led to believe. A time of gloom and darkness.

You're correct. It's the day of the LORD that's going to be the real gloom and darkness, that is, for the wicked, but not for Christ's servants who remain faithful to Him.

Joel 2:1-6
1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in My holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;
2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.
3 A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them.
4 The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.
5 Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array.
6 Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness.
(KJV)

The locust army in power (tribulation timing) is not going to be a pleasant time either. But it won't be like God's wrath afterwards.

Joel 2:11
11 And the LORD shall utter His voice before His army: for His camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth His word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?
(KJV)

Amos 5:18
18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.
(KJV)

Zeph 1:7-8
7 Hold thy peace at the presence of the Lord GOD: for the day of the LORD is at hand: for the LORD hath prepared a sacrifice, He hath bid His guests.
8 And it shall come to pass in the day of the LORD's sacrifice, that I will punish the princes, and the king's children, and all such as are clothed with strange apparel.
(KJV)

Clothed with "strange apparel"? Yeah, clothed with the working of the fake.

Zeph 1:14-18
14 The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.
15 That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,
16 A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers.
17 And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.
18 Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD's wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of His jealousy: for He shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.
(KJV)

omnicopy

Aug 14, 2010
I hope to be among those who are kept from that hour of tial but I can't imagine myself being too happy with knowing what is going on around me during that time for whatever time I go through it. I don't even know how much of it we go through. It appears that the trumpet sounds before the last 7 vials. Are the last 7 vials the last 3 and 1/2 years of the great tribulation? If that is the case, then we would be taken to the safe place for the first 3 and 1/2 years of the tribulation. Then the last trumpet sounds and then the last 7 vials are open.

Truly how could a christian be really joyous during this time? I think I'll be praying and fasting a lot.

Kim