What treats do you like to have at Christmas …..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Me too! And Toblerone/Popcorn fondue. I always make the pumpkin pies, mostly because its the easiest thing to do! I love cooking all of it, turkey and stuffing and green bean cassarole with the crunchy fried onions on top.

Fruitcake when we can find it, and fudge! And frosted sugar cookies. Gingerbread men.

These are a few of my favorite things!

Much love!
Toblerone / popcorn fondue…….now that sounds really nice x
What is with the green bean casserole ………or is that just another word for vegetables that accompany the Turkey. Casserole to me is a whole meal on its own, we usually have meat mixed in with it.

Reactions: Pearl and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Toblerone / popcorn fondue…….now that sounds really nice x
What is with the green bean casserole ………or is that just another word for vegetables that accompany the Turkey. Casserole to me is a whole meal on its own, we usually have meat mixed in with it.
green beans in a cream sauce with mushrooms and slivered almonds, topped with those crispy fried onion things.

We've had meat cassaroles too. And I love egg cassarole, quiche.

Much love!

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
green beans in a cream sauce with mushrooms and slivered almonds, topped with those crispy fried onion things.

We've had meat cassaroles too. And I love egg cassarole, quiche.

Much love!
Oh wow those beans in that sauce ect sounds amazing as well …..can I come to yours for Christmas dinner….I can bring a fruit cake as we have loads over here ( Dundee cakes )

Reactions: amadeus

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh wow those beans in that sauce ect sounds amazing as well …..can I come to yours for Christmas dinner….I can bring a fruit cake as we have loads over here ( Dundee cakes )
If only such a thing could be!!

I so look forward to Kingdom Come!

Mashed potatoes with butter and cream and loads of garlic, my wife makes killer cranberry sauce (her favorite, since it's so easy), and nice thick gravy. My sister would make the yams with brown sugar and marshmallow topping.

Much love!

Reactions: Rita and amadeus

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh for sure the good old English hot mince pies , cheese straws , and trifle …..my happy memories of Christmas .
No one seems to like them over here. :oops:
And the Quality Street or Roses in large tins. And Cheeselets
b1b5dfdb-a494-4c8f-ae4b-d5f28197321b.jpg

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
To me it is very wet thin cold custard heavily laced with nutmeg …ummm , or is it cinnamon? Forget.
I had it once , and that was enough for me! LOL
Advocat.
th

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Never thought of having cheesecake at Christmas - must consider that xx
Ray doesn't like Christmas pudding or mince pies so it's either apple pie or cheesecake in our house and I prefer cheesecake as more of a treat - specially a really nice one. To be honest, in the last few years I have cut back such a lot on the Christmas goodies.

Reactions: amadeus and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ray doesn't like Christmas pudding or mince pies so it's either apple pie or cheesecake in our house and I prefer cheesecake as more of a treat - specially a really nice one. To be honest, in the last few years I have cut back such a lot on the Christmas goodies.
Me too, I have to cut back! I'll have a chocolate mousse cheesecake, with chocolate cookie crust, a layer thin of dark chocolate fudge, mostly the mousse filling, with a dark chocolate drizzled shell, coated in dark chocolate sprinkles, and M&M's.

And then I shall die from glycemic shock.

Much love!

Reactions: Rita and amadeus

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Me too, I have to cut back! I'll have a chocolate mousse cheesecake, with chocolate cookie crust, a layer thin of dark chocolate fudge, mostly the mousse filling, with a dark chocolate drizzled shell, coated in dark chocolate sprinkles, and M&M's.

Much love!
I like the passionfruit cheesecake that I had last year but I'm type 2 diabetic so have to be careful with the sweet stuff.

OIP.hTrkfQdAxi3IYJLEt_GpQgHaE8

Reactions: marks and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These days, we go to my daughter's house. Her daughter, our granddaughter [age 20], loves to cook and fixes most everything while we simply sit back and consume.

Reactions: marks and Pearl

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
Talk about good to the last bite!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
These days, we go to my daughter's house. Her daughter, our granddaughter [age 20], loves to cook and fixes most everything while we simply sit back and consume.
We are going to my daughter's this year. It's great to be with loved ones.

Reactions: Rita

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Our Christmas food traditions of late that deviate from the normal have been a spread of cheeses, Pumpkin soup, crab imperial, cookies with black walnuts, bacon wrapped scallops, baklava, prime rib. Not all in one day of course.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am with him on the mince pies.

Reactions: Pearl

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our Christmas food traditions of late that deviate from the normal have been a spread of cheeses, Pumpkin soup, crab imperial, cookies with black walnuts, bacon wrapped scallops, baklava, prime rib. Not all in one day of course.
One day? Why not all on one plate at one meal?

Reactions: marks