What treats do you like to have at Christmas …..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just for a bit of fun, as many of us come from different places I wondered what treats do you like to have at Christmas …. Do you have special sweets ( candy ) chocolates, or goodies that you love to treat yourself to, or receive as a gift ?
I absolutely love the Costa lattes that they do through out December, one of them tastes like Baileys ……
I love a chocolate Yule log, always reminds me of my mum as it use to be her favourite.
Chocolate coins ….use to get them as children.
I absolutely love the crackling that comes with the roast pork joint …….and of course roast Turkey breast on Christmas Day

so what about you………..

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just for a bit of fun, as many of us come from different places I wondered what treats do you like to have at Christmas …. Do you have special sweets ( candy ) chocolates, or goodies that you love to treat yourself to, or receive as a gift ?
I absolutely love the Costa lattes that they do through out December, one of them tastes like Baileys ……
I love a chocolate Yule log, always reminds me of my mum as it use to be her favourite.
Chocolate coins ….use to get them as children.
I absolutely love the crackling that comes with the roast pork joint …….and of course roast Turkey breast on Christmas Day

so what about you………..
All of the above plus some nice cheeses, cheesecake, trifle, mince pies etc

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eggnog. It is delicious for Christmas.
homemade-white-holiday-eggnog-picture-id526069499

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh for sure the good old English hot mince pies , cheese straws , and trifle …..my happy memories of Christmas .
No one seems to like them over here. :oops:

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know this post isn't exactly telling you quickly what we have, but I have been praying for a recipe thread. This is the closest thing.

Here is a super easy fudge recipe I use.
3 Minute Chocolate Fudge Recipe with Only 3 Ingredients.

We also make a spread out of softened cream cheese and either ranch dip powder or fiesta dip powder , and spread it on tortillas
  • 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1 package ranch dressing mix
  • about 1/2 cup of rep pepper,or green pepper, of whatever crisp vegetable you want.You don't even have to put vegs in them--
  • some olives
  • 4 12-inch flour tortillas
Spread the mixture to the edge of each tortilla/
Roll them up and put the in the frig for awhile, until the cream cheese is firmer. Cut them into slices about 1/4 to 3/8 inch.
This makes a bunch .
My granddaughter always eats the ones on the ends as we are cutting these.

For the meal, we usually munch all day--artisan bread and sandwiches. But we always make sweet potatoes and green bean casserole because yummy. And we have Christmas cookies, and pies--pecan and pumpkin.

We buy some almond bark and dip pretzels. Lay them on parchment paper or wax paper to dry.

You can dip 2 Ritz crackers filled with peanut butter in almond bark, too. those are yummy/

I have just found the best recipe for 30 minute rolls --these are yeast rolls, and the are pretty good, if anyone needs it to make rolls in a hurry for dinner. I've made them twice, and everyone seems to like them. If you want me to post the recipe, holler.

I love the UK, what I've seen of it. Have spent time in London and in Somerset,==Glastonbury. I love the Abbey, and its history.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I know this post isn't exactly telling you quickly what we have, but I have been praying for a recipe thread. This is the closest thing.

Here is a super easy fudge recipe I use.
3 Minute Chocolate Fudge Recipe with Only 3 Ingredients.

We also make a spread out of softened cream cheese and either ranch dip powder or fiesta dip powder , and spread it on tortillas
  • 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1 package ranch dressing mix
  • about 1/2 cup of rep pepper,or green pepper, of whatever crisp vegetable you want.You don't even have to put vegs in them--
  • some olives
  • 4 12-inch flour tortillas
Spread the mixture to the edge of each tortilla/
Roll them up and put the in the frig for awhile, until the cream cheese is firmer. Cut them into slices about 1/4 to 3/8 inch.
This makes a bunch .
My granddaughter always eats the ones on the ends as we are cutting these.

For the meal, we usually munch all day--artisan bread and sandwiches. But we always make sweet potatoes and green bean casserole because yummy. And we have Christmas cookies, and pies--pecan and pumpkin.

We buy some almond bark and dip pretzels. Lay them on parchment paper or wax paper to dry.

You can dip 2 Ritz crackers filled with peanut butter in almond bark, too. those are yummy/

I have just found the best recipe for 30 minute rolls --these are yeast rolls, and the are pretty good, if anyone needs it to make rolls in a hurry for dinner. I've made them twice, and everyone seems to like them. If you want me to post the recipe, holler.

I love the UK, what I've seen of it. Have spent time in London and in Somerset,==Glastonbury. I love the Abbey, and its history.
Sounds yummy xxx
You could always start a recipe thread ……..so you could be the answer to your own prayer xx

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What is eggnog…..I have heard of it , but never tried it yet ?

Reactions: amadeus

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I also like pumpkin pie:
Pumpkin-Pie-5-500x500.jpg
Now that does look nice …..but I don’t like pumpkins …..so don’t you get fed up with pumpkin by the time Christmas comes around. It’s like our mince pies, they are on sale now. You have them so often that by Christmas you can’t eat them !!!!

Reactions: dev553344 and Helen

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
All of the above plus some nice cheeses, cheesecake, trifle, mince pies etc
Never thought of having cheesecake at Christmas - must consider that xx

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So for those in the US! Canada, Australia……..do you have special sweets ect ………..when I was younger it was always tins of quality street, or roses ( softer chocolates )
Cadbury’s chocolate orange …love that ……..sorry I don’t know how to get pictures here. I am tech stupid !! Lol

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Aldi has some wonderful cheese flavors on holidays
You have Aldi in the US?
I thought they were only in Europe and the U.K. , unless your Aldi is different to ours ( German supermarket )

Reactions: Helen

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh for sure the good old English hot mince pies , cheese straws , and trifle …..my happy memories of Christmas .
No one seems to like them over here. :oops:
I have never associated trifle with Christmas, but both you and Pearl mentioned it…….

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is eggnog…..I have heard of it , but never tried it yet ?

To me it is very wet thin cold custard heavily laced with nutmeg …ummm , or is it cinnamon? Forget.
I had it once , and that was enough for me! LOL

Reactions: amadeus

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
To me it is very wet thin cold custard heavily laced with nutmeg …ummm , or is it cinnamon? Forget.
I had it once , and that was enough for me! LOL
Ok, that sounds quite nice

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now that does look nice …..but I don’t like pumpkins …..so don’t you get fed up with pumpkin by the time Christmas comes around. It’s like our mince pies, they are on sale now. You have them so often that by Christmas you can’t eat them !!!!
We only have pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving and Christmas parties. So it's a fresh taste for me.

Reactions: amadeus and Rita

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cadbury’s chocolate orange …love that ……..
Me too! And Toblerone/Popcorn fondue. I always make the pumpkin pies, mostly because its the easiest thing to do! I love cooking all of it, turkey and stuffing and green bean cassarole with the crunchy fried onions on top.

Fruitcake when we can find it, and fudge! And frosted sugar cookies. Gingerbread men.

These are a few of my favorite things!

Much love!