What will you say

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i know what nations means, Scott, and my point still stands, nations are not individual ppl, and the "sheep and goats" are nations, not individual ppl. Sorry if i have little patience for your obfuscations this morning
That is perhaps your interpretation. But the word is derived from the [peoples] surrounding Israel as a nation. So, in the context of Israel being a nation - it does not mean that Israel is not made up of individual people, and likewise, it does not mean the same of the gentile nations.

We are not "gathered" as a nation, but "each in his own order." Therefore, we are not divided as nations, but rather and simply referred to as nations because when gathered together we are a multitude...which is the meaning of the word nations.

But all of this is semantics, for in Him we become One.

Reactions: pia

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a great question and one the church I attend has used when going door to door, it is almost as good as the tract we had printed, 'No thanks not interested.' Because that was a common reaction.

What would I reply, the same as mjrhealth, Jesus paid my penalty and gave me his rightousness, it is because of him that I can come.
Many do not like this OP. But what some people have said is eye opening. The question will not be asked by God. I know that. But what would be the answer if He did??

I like replies # 15, 18, 19, 20

Reactions: FHII

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok..I will play along, tho ...if God asks me why I should be let into Heaven,
Smiling,:) option 1: "Because you know I love You so much."
Option 2: "Because You know that's all I want...You know I don' care about anything else except being with You."
Option 3: "Because I'm Home, where else do I belong?" !!
Option 4: " You're such a tease! You've been waiting for me! Let's go....show me everything...teach me everything !" ...as I'm jumping up and down with happiness.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many do not like this OP. But what some people have said is eye opening. The question will not be asked by God. I know that. But what would be the answer if He did??

I didn't like the OP for the same reason that others brought up, but as a hypothetical question it isn't bad.

I would have to say I believed theBible was your testimony and I took it to heart. I understood it pointed to Jesus being my advocate, my sacrifice, my elder brother and the sole reason for my salvation.

Reactions: pia and Helen

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like what Miss Hepburn said, [ kinda like being naked in all manner of way's] Our Savior take's us to judgment day in Matthew, basically referring to- depart from Me I know you not! the Question in the OP, is rely rhetorical, we can try to give an honest answer, But as someone else on this thread expressed, OUR Shepherd know's His sheep. And the best answer I can come up with, is His Love & His Mercy.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ok, so let's hear it! :D
where is heaven?
Ok 'bbyrd', we haven't Tangoed for a bit now, so I'll bite.........
First tell me anywhere I stated that I knew WHERE it is ??? Pretty darn sure I didn't lol...
But I did once die and came out of my body to a place other than here, so therefore I have to accept that there indeed is something after your 'essence' has left your body, whatever that may mean to you....
May I ask why you so firmly believe it does NOT exists ?

Reactions: Helen

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the op title could be, "What would you say to your Dad about coming Home."
Nothing.
You would enjoy His love;
absorb It and feel joy* almost immeasurable.
:)

*And your joy is His Joy.
xo

B

Butterfly

I did not dislike the OP, it made me think. However you made no clear awareness that it was hypothetical - I was more curious why you believed it.
It would have been nice if you had answered the questions asked instead of just turning it around and saying ' it was hypothetical '
So, what would you say ?
And I am intrigued to understand why you asked ( you said in the OP that there was a good reason to ask it )
To be honest I cannot imagine being able to say anything, I would hope I would be kneeling and totally aware of who's presence I was in, and how unworthy I was. What would I say ......... ' sorry ' comes to mind.
I wish I could be as confident as some who would be so different in what they would say and how they would react.............
Butterfly

Reactions: Helen

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This may be of interest to you HRichard...I have known this for a decade...
That since Jesus comes to many many that have had an NDE...athiests, too....
I would be in joy with Jesus melting in his love for awhile...and then, I've been very
clear for years and years that then I would say, "Ok, can we go see Dad now?" :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
But I did once die and came out of my body to a place other than here, so therefore I have to accept that there indeed is something after your 'essence' has left your body, whatever that may mean to you....
May I ask why you so firmly believe it does NOT exists ?
i didn't mean that it does not exist, just that it is not a place with a physical dimension that we can measure, at least not now. But i also recognize that we can't really measure a photon, either, so it would be naive to state that as absolute truth. However, the way we currently understand where you "went," you could not have left a GPS marker and found the "place" later by satellite, is the point.

Reactions: pia and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i didn't mean that it does not exist, just that it is not a place with a physical dimension that we can measure, at least not now. But i also recognize that we can't really measure a photon, either, so it would be naive to state that as absolute truth. However, the way we currently understand where you "went," you could not have left a GPS marker and found the "place" later by satellite, is the point.

Good point.
I have often wondered if we traveled far enough through galaxy after galaxy we would come here.
But I lean to the belief that heaven is only a breath away...just a different out of view dimension. Yet here...a change of spiritual location not physical.
That is why I am anti-rapture...there is nowhere to go...but in the spirit .."up" means next dimension...not up in this atmosphere.

Reactions: pia and bbyrd009

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This may be of interest to you HRichard...I have known this for a decade...
That since Jesus comes to many many that have had an NDE...athiests, too....
I would be in joy with Jesus melting in his love for awhile...and then, I've been very
clear for years and years that then I would say, "Ok, can we go see Dad now?" :)
Wish I had thought of that, but was far too content right where I was lol...

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you are confronted with God and He asks why you think you ought to be in heaven, what will you say?

People may think this is a stupid question but where a person's eternal life is spent depends
on the answer that person can give.

if you are wise you will understand that the Lord is the judge of that, meaning that which is of God deserves to be with God where God is, and that which is of earth deserves to remain in the earth.

fools think heaven is where you go when you die, and Jesus says, " behold, the kingdom of God is within you"

Luk 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

ascension and dissension is no different then proximity to power in nations and empires and this case proximity to the Presence of God via born of the Holy Spirit. note what Jesus says here:
Joh_3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

hence at the time Jesus spoke this He is saying He is in Heaven being the "Son of man" because He is from Heaven. therefore the Life one receives of Christ is where?

so its not what says me, or any other joker with a brain fart about Heaven, its what Jesus says.

Reactions: bbyrd009

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you are wise you will understand that the Lord is the judge of that, meaning that which is of God deserves to be with God where God is, and that which is of earth deserves to remain in the earth.

fools think heaven is where you go when you die, and Jesus says, " behold, the kingdom of God is within you"

Luk 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

-------
Since what Jesus said, He said to the Jews. Only the Jews were promised an earthly kingdom. Many will say that the words "within you" should have been translated "in your midst." Why? Because the king was there in their midst. This is what I believe because it is only under grace that the promise of the Holy Spirit residing in the child of God was made.

Don't spend your time trying to fault me. Spend it in trying to see if the translation is correct.