What would you do with this guy?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
apparently not, or you would have sought someone more trusted as i suggested, i mean yikes already. At some point strangers are certainly better, as no friend has any desire to tell bad news, and we, or i at least, would have been as quick to praise as to critique.

All you can get is our opinions, anyway, take them or leave them imo. What's wrong with telling the story in the third person, removing yourself from the equation? The central theme then becomes clear, yes?
So the bottom line is you can not back up what you said. I dont need a thrid person for what you falsely said. You obvouoly enjoy childish tit for tat.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
So the bottom line is you can not back up what you said. I dont need a thrid person for what you falsely said. You obvouoly enjoy childish tit for tat.
the bottom line is you asked for my impression and you got it, and i do not have to prove anything about my impressions. I did not say anything falsely, and i even suggested a way to tell the story so that you are not perceived to be wrapping yourself in glory, by telling the story from the "third person," not saying that you need any more actual people there ok. Tell the story as if you were an observer to the action iow, and not personally involved.

The story is obviously best told from the pov of the drunk guy, but as you are biased toward him, telling from the third person is the only other way.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No I think if you rememeber you made a statement about me and I asked you to quote where I did what you siad I did and as yet you have not been able to quote where I did what you said I did. So you the bottom line for me and any one with any sense could see you cant back up what you strted Not Me. But You. But thats cool. I feel that old devil glee trying to come all over me. But I am all growed up now and will soon kick that into touch. You should try it. It really does work resist and he will flee.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's sad that a positive thread turns out to end negatively. :confused:
I pray that the man in question ( which is what this is about...) be set 100% free and becomes a great testimony himself! ✟

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i don't think it has ended negatively at all, and this is what growth looks like imo.
I asked you to quote where I did what you siad I did and as yet you have not been able to quote where I did what you said IIIIIII
well, it is developed in the body of the story though, see. There isn't any quote. Or wherever you put "i reached out and touched him and he was miraculously cured," somewhere in there

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
you cant back up what you strted
i was agreeing with another witness, and i stand by my observation. it is good advice. someone who tells stories making themselves the hero should reflect upon why they are violating Scripture in this way, as this would lead to spiritual growth. And as such the veracity of the story is definitely to be doubted, which as i said still does not make it definitely false. Barely. Why do you have to "do" anything with this guy, anyway? Is doing nothing an option?

Last edited:
Reactions: Job

skyangel

Realist
Jul 12, 2010
Australia
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Australia
So a local guy who is drunk comes to me in a very aggresive manner and says where is your God were is He. He then goes on in front of 4 or five of my friends (who were all brought up in church and have a very healthy respect for God.) to say God is **** God is blah blah yada yada.So I says well you are intitled to your opinion. Now a couple of years ago the guy did the same thing but I turned on him and told hin in no uncertian terms to shut his mouth and He got a fright. But This time I nevr feel for it I never got involved and I let him say what ever he wanted. I told him I am not offended and will never be again, as I am growing into Christ daily. So over the years this has happend about five times. I have come to expect it and on any occasion he has drink in. I live in a small village and do you to the pub as my friend owns it. So I see the guy sometimes. One time the time when i let him say what he wanted, I saw him the next day. So I made it, that he could not get past me bye getting in his path. He stopped and said I owe you an apoligy. I said no worries and proceeded to tell him what I believe and why I left the church that i went to for over 20 years. He ate humble pie and listend just fine. Then off he went. So what would you do with this guy. He past me today and I was building a deck on the beach front for a friend. And along comes the guy. going for more drink early morning. I see hes limping. He was not limping yesterday. So I asked can I pray for you, he and all the village know what I believe because of the amount of people I prayed for. So I said exactly this so people can learn how we pray and why I am not talking to God.
I commaended the pain to go. I commanded the mucle tisse,ligaments and blood cells to be whole and healed in jesus name. and with in 2-3 seconds he was saying God almighty, Jesus Christ. and a few swears for good measure. He was instantly healed. Did god know he would take His name in vain? Yes. Did God know he would cuss ans swear? Yes. And God still healed him. So what would you have done with this guy and the guy in your life like him?
God loves him and Jesus laid down His life for him We have one right and one only. And that is to love. So one sows one cares for and another reaps.
You most likely won't see this comment if you have ignored me anyway but others will see it.
I totally agree with the people who are telling you that this post is self serving. I have highlighted your own words in the quote above in red where you mention your self constantly. Your words tend to convey that you think you have some power and authority and some special gifts which others do not have. It would not surprise me if the man you prayed for was simply humouring you like any person might humour a child who believes that they have magic powers.
Ultimately the bible tells us that false prophets will show signs and wonders and since you are claiming to do signs and wonders, I suggest all people be very wary of you.
Matt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Mar 13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.
In your last few lines you claim you have one right only which is to love and care others. Please explain how ignoring people on line and letting everyone know you are ignoring them is loving and caring for them?
Where in the bible did Jesus set any example of ignoring anyone who spoke to him or asked him anything? Jesus did not even ignore the devil in the story.
You need to adopt the same attitude as Jesus had in the story. Jesus never went around giving any testimonies about how many people he had prayed for and healed. He let the healed people do that and claimed he did nothing at all of himself. John 8:28

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
So a local guy who is drunk comes to me in a very aggresive manner and says where is your God were is He. He then goes on in front of 4 or five of my friends (who were all brought up in church and have a very healthy respect for God.) to say God is **** God is blah blah yada yada.So I says well you are intitled to your opinion. Now a couple of years ago the guy did the same thing but I turned on him and told hin in no uncertian terms to shut his mouth and He got a fright. But This time I nevr feel for it I never got involved and I let him say what ever he wanted. I told him I am not offended and will never be again, as I am growing into Christ daily. So over the years this has happend about five times. I have come to expect it and on any occasion he has drink in. I live in a small village and do you to the pub as my friend owns it. So I see the guy sometimes. One time the time when i let him say what he wanted, I saw him the next day. So I made it, that he could not get past me bye getting in his path. He stopped and said I owe you an apoligy. I said no worries and proceeded to tell him what I believe and why I left the church that i went to for over 20 years. He ate humble pie and listend just fine. Then off he went. So what would you do with this guy. He past me today and I was building a deck on the beach front for a friend. And along comes the guy. going for more drink early morning. I see hes limping. He was not limping yesterday. So I asked can I pray for you, he and all the village know what I believe because of the amount of people I prayed for. So I said exactly this so people can learn how we pray and why I am not talking to God.
I commaended the pain to go. I commanded the mucle tisse,ligaments and blood cells to be whole and healed in jesus name. and with in 2-3 seconds he was saying God almighty, Jesus Christ. and a few swears for good measure. He was instantly healed. Did god know he would take His name in vain? Yes. Di dGod know he would cuss ans swear? Yes. And God still healed him. So what would you have done with this guy and the guy in your life like him?
God loves him and Jesus laid down His life for him We have one right and one only. And that is to love. So one sows one cares for and another reaps.

This was exactly what should be done.

Reactions: Sword