WHAT?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
'""""""""""But one of the biggest problems for non-Catholics are the relics of saints—the bones, ashes, clothing, or personal possessions of the apostles and other holy people that are held in reverence by the Catholic Church and sometimes associated with miraculous healings and other acts of God.
This is how Bart Brewer, ex-priest and head of Mission to Catholics International, phrases the complaint in his autobiography, Pilgrimage from Rome:
“Another dogma that has bothered Catholics for centuries is the veneration of relics and the claims that they have magical powers. Even
Martin Luther wondered how there could be twenty-six apostles buried in Germany, when there were only twelve in the entire Bible!
It is said that if all the pieces of the cross displayed in Catholic churches were assembled together, it would take a ten-ton truck to carry them.
It is clear that most ‘relics’ are frauds.
Furthermore, there is nothing in the Bible that supports the veneration of relics, even if they are genuine” """""""""

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholic leaders are desperate to be relevant and to create excitement within their organization.

That's about the whole nuts and bolts of it.
And it demonstrates a huge disconnect between the people and the priesthood (much like the political leaders and their constituents)

Oh well....good thing I'm not catholic or else I might drop into a pit of despair that things will never get back to righteousness.

Reactions: Pearl

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't we warn others that catholic doctrine is not biblical and should
be opposed in the same way Christians should be opposed to smoking crack?

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Catholic leaders are desperate to be relevant and to create excitement within their organization.

Its a "religious opera", with many moving parts..

Priests, Bishops, Cardinals, Alter Boys.... A perpetual virgin who,.... just like Jesus is "sinless",.... and just like Jesus, "ascended into Heaven" and just like Jesus, is a "co-author of Redemption".

This man made religious circus, has smoke, plastic 40 ft tall Mary's, Clown suits worn by the "head", and on and on.

This man made religious system created the "dark ages", and it was fond of burning people to death or putting them into dark wet prisons.

Paul teaches that one of its main "doctrines" is "of the devil" ... ("Forbidding to Marry")... which is of course a requirement of the "cult of the Virgin" regarding any Man who wants to become a Catholic Priest.

What does that produce? What is produced when you REPRESS by FORCE a normal male's God Given Sexuality?

It produces = CHILD MOLESTING and this is proven as this religious cult is infected with this, throughout its known History.

Reactions: Pearl and TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Pearl I can't read the article. They want me to give permissions and download their app. Not gonna do it.

• Love
Reactions: APAK and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl I can't read the article. They want me to give permissions and download their app. Not gonna do it.
Don't blame you. I'll see if I can copy and paste or find it some other way. And the picture I posted was what it's all about. I found it very disturbing when it was on our TV news the other day.

A relic of the first millennial to be beatified, a teenager who loved Pokemon and his PlayStation and admired Apple co-founder Steve Jobs, has made another visit to Ireland, with thousands seeking its blessing in Co Down alone.

It is the fifth time that the relic of Blessed Carlo Acutis, who was 15 when he died from leukaemia in 2006, has come to Ireland.

The Italian teenager was beatified by Pope Francis in 2020, a recognition which highlighted “the significance of his witness, particularly for the younger generation, demonstrating that holiness is attainable even in our modern world”.

A miracle involving the cure of a medical problem for a young Brazilian was ascribed to Carlo’s intervention, the Pope said. On Thursday the Vatican confirmed that a second miracle has now been attributed to him – involving the cure of a young woman from Costa Rica who had suffered a head injury - meaning he will become the Catholic Church’s first millennial saint.

• Love
Reactions: APAK and TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't blame you. I'll see if I can copy and paste or find it some other way. And the picture I posted was what it's all about. I found it very disturbing when it was on our TV news the other day.
Wow ... I almost have no words .... just wow ....and how lost these people are.

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: Pearl and APAK

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
in a secret chamber
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Why don't we warn others that catholic doctrine is not biblical and should
be opposed in the same way Christians should be opposed to smoking crack?
the same thing that happened to christ will also happen to you
i have done that a lot and the world just rebuke me that is why i realized that i should not do that for i am still weak in the faith what i should do first is to secure my foothold before i worry about the others

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the same thing that happened to christ will also happen to you
i have done that a lot and the world just rebuke me that is why i realized that i should not do that for i am still weak in the faith what i should do first is to secure my foothold before i worry about the others
Amen!
Mt 7:2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Mt 7:3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Mt 7:4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

• Love
Reactions: ThePuffyBlob