Whatever happened to the Holy Spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jessiblue

Aug 21, 2021
a Heavenly place
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever happened to the Holy Spirit? It’s inside of each and every believer!
Ezekiel 36:27
27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.

It’s a grace-filled promise! And what makes this promise so precious is that it was spoken to a graceless people who had disobeyed and rejected God. In Ezekiel 36:18, just a few verses before, God was furious with them: “I poured my fury upon them.” But then in verse 27, His all-sufficient grace shines through! Wow….Our Father’s grace is amazing! We read in Romans 5:20 “where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.” !!!

And notice the word “cause” in verse 27. The gospel would be God’s way in which He would make His kids obey His statutes. When we accept Jesus as our Savior, God works in us to want to obey and do His will (Philippians 2:13). We have the most gracious Father! :) -jb

Reactions: WillTell and Ziggy

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do we receive the "baptism with the Holy Spirit" at conversion?
The following two passages would indicate that we may not...
Acts 8:14-16 When the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had accepted the Word of God, they sent Peter and John to them. When they arrived, they prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit, because the Holy Spirit had not yet come upon any of them; they had simply been baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus.
Acts 19:1,2 While Apollos was at Corinth, Paul took the road through the interior and arrived at Ephesus. There he found some disciples and asked them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" They answered, "No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit."

Then where is the Holy Spirit at conversion? This might help explain: John 14: 16,17 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another counsellor-but you know Him, for He lives with you (present) and will be in you (future). - © 1999 Howard Ellis

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well this is from The Bible Knowledge Commentary on the same two verses, which I agree with,...

10:28-29.
Under the Old Covenant, if an Israelite spurned the Mosaic Law and at least two or three witnesses verified his actions, he was put to death. This being true, the author then argued from the lesser to the greater. If defiance of an inferior covenant could bring such retribution, what about defiance of the New Covenant which, as he had made clear, is far superior? The answer can only be that the punishment would be substantially greater in such a case.
In order to show that this is so, the writer then placed defection from the faith in the harshest possible light. An apostate from the New Covenant has trampled the Son of God underfoot and has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant (cf. “blood of the eternal covenant,” 13:20) that sanctified him. The words “sanctified him” refer to true Christians. Already the writer to the Hebrews has described them as “made holy (Gr. ‘sanctified’) through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all” (10:10) and as “made perfect forever” through this sanctifying work (v. 14). Some seek to evade this conclusion by suggesting that Christ is the One referred to here as “sanctified” or that the person only claims to be sanctified. But these efforts are foreign to the writer’s thought and are so forced that they carry their own refutation. The author’s whole point lies in the seriousness of the act. To treat “the blood of the covenant” (which actually sanctifies believers) as though it were an “unholy” (koinon, “common”) thing and to renounce its efficacy, is to commit a sin so heinous as to dwarf the fatal infractions of the Old Covenant. To this, an apostate adds the offense of insulting the Spirit of grace who originally wooed him to faith in Christ. This kind of spiritual rebellion clearly calls for a much worse punishment than the capital penalty that was inflicted under the Mosaic setup.
But again the writer was not thinking of hell. Many forms of divine retribution can fall on a human life which are worse than immediate death. In fact, Jeremiah made just such a complaint about the punishment inflicted on Jerusalem (Lam. 4:6, 9). One might think also of King Saul, whose last days were burdened with such mental and emotional turmoil that death itself was a kind of release. Hebrews 10:28.

But what is your point?
Under Moses' law there was no mercy.
I'm thinking of the adulterous woman, who through her sin would be no less trampling on God's law. Which is his Word.

Quoting: An apostate from the New Covenant has trampled the Son of God underfoot and has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant (cf. “blood of the eternal covenant,” 13:20) that sanctified him.

The difference I see between the OT and the NT is that Mercy and Grace is applied to the New where in Moses' law they omitted it.
Under the OT they took judgement into their own hands and left off talking with the Lord face to face.
I don't see a difference between God infusing His Spirit into 2 tables of stone or into a body of flesh.
Either way it is Still God's Word.
Of course one was stone and the other flesh.
One is hard and cold, the other pliable and warm.

Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

I would think the greater condemnation would go to those who not only added to the severity of the punishment (death)
but also taught men to do so, by omitting the fruits of the Spirit hidden in the stone tablets.
They didn't seek them out. They chose for themselves which were good and which were evil.
Like cutting leaves out of a book because you don't like what's written.

Under Moses' law, or let's say, under the way they administered Moses's law, the adulterous woman should have been stoned to death. Because through fornication she was trampling upon God's word which is sacred in any form, stone or flesh.
It was their mercilesness that was in error. And they decided that "they" was the ultimate authority, even all the while committing the same trodding of the Lord under foot.

He who is without sin cast the first stone.

They could not, because they were all equally guilty.
There is a door of opportunity called repentance.
It can be viewed as a period of Grace, God's Mercy, longsuffering.
The very thing that those who handled and administerd the law, lacked in themselves. They were not worthy.
And held everyone else to a higher standard then they were willing to walk themselves.
Hypocrites.

Quoting: To this, an apostate adds the offense of insulting the Spirit of grace who originally wooed him to faith in Christ. This kind of spiritual rebellion clearly calls for a much worse punishment than the capital penalty that was inflicted under the Mosaic setup.

I see a difference between being able to kill the body (physical) and also ....
Luk 12:4 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
Luk 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Take not thy Spirit from me.... this punishment is more than I can bare.... so remorseful.. so forlorn.. :(

Psa 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

Gen 4:13 And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear.

I may have strayed from the topic...
sorry
Hugs

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The blood of Christ once-for-all pays for our total salvation. Spirit, soul, and body. Upon first belief, out spirit is reborn perfectly of incorruptible seed. Which means that when we sin, it is not our spirit that is the source.
It comes from the soul, which is not born-again when our spirit is. Our soul consists of mind, will, and emotion. Scripture speaks of soul sanctification as being a process - 1 Peter 9. The procedure for this is found in Luke 9:23.
If the soul was sanctified all at once, it would be too much for the soul and would destroy it.
Christ has already purchased our full salvation. When it come to sanctification, we have a role to play, though it is not adding to what Christ did and it is not trampling the blood of Christ under foot.
I only got this revelation when I was desperate, went to a retreat, participated in a seminar, and received it directly from the Holy Spirit.
It's free, but it will cost you everything you have. AKA...death to self. Matthew 10:38-40 NIV
upload_2021-8-27_19-35-28.png

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Under Moses' law there was no mercy.
I'm thinking of the adulterous woman, who through her sin would be no less trampling on God's law. Which is his Word.

Quoting: An apostate from the New Covenant has trampled the Son of God underfoot and has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant (cf. “blood of the eternal covenant,” 13:20) that sanctified him.

The difference I see between the OT and the NT is that Mercy and Grace is applied to the New where in Moses' law they omitted it.
Under the OT they took judgement into their own hands and left off talking with the Lord face to face.
I don't see a difference between God infusing His Spirit into 2 tables of stone or into a body of flesh.
Either way it is Still God's Word.
Of course one was stone and the other flesh.
One is hard and cold, the other pliable and warm.

Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

I would think the greater condemnation would go to those who not only added to the severity of the punishment (death)
but also taught men to do so, by omitting the fruits of the Spirit hidden in the stone tablets.
They didn't seek them out. They chose for themselves which were good and which were evil.
Like cutting leaves out of a book because you don't like what's written.

Under Moses' law, or let's say, under the way they administered Moses's law, the adulterous woman should have been stoned to death. Because through fornication she was trampling upon God's word which is sacred in any form, stone or flesh.
It was their mercilesness that was in error. And they decided that "they" was the ultimate authority, even all the while committing the same trodding of the Lord under foot.

He who is without sin cast the first stone.

They could not, because they were all equally guilty.
There is a door of opportunity called repentance.
It can be viewed as a period of Grace, God's Mercy, longsuffering.
The very thing that those who handled and administerd the law, lacked in themselves. They were not worthy.
And held everyone else to a higher standard then they were willing to walk themselves.
Hypocrites.

Quoting: To this, an apostate adds the offense of insulting the Spirit of grace who originally wooed him to faith in Christ. This kind of spiritual rebellion clearly calls for a much worse punishment than the capital penalty that was inflicted under the Mosaic setup.

I see a difference between being able to kill the body (physical) and also ....
Luk 12:4 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.
Luk 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Take not thy Spirit from me.... this punishment is more than I can bare.... so remorseful.. so forlorn.. :(

Psa 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

Gen 4:13 And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear.

I may have strayed from the topic...
sorry
Hugs
Tell David there was no Mercy in the OT...

Psalm 5:7 (KJV) But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.

Psalm 23:6 (KJV) Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Psalm 25:10 (KJV) All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.

Romans 4:6-8 (KJV) Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

etc.etc.etc.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are so many versions of the "truth" out there. The word says that the Holy Spirit will lead one into all truth.
My advice? Seek God.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell David there was no Mercy in the OT...

Psalm 5:7 (KJV) But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.

Psalm 23:6 (KJV) Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Psalm 25:10 (KJV) All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.

Romans 4:6-8 (KJV) Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

etc.etc.etc.
Where is David?
He is IN the HOUSE of the LORD.

When we pray we come before the throne of God.
David is IN the House of Prayer.
David knew God's mercy because he was in his presence.
David loved God's Law because it was the Light of his Path.
Solomon ... Solomon had wisdom, but did he have mercy?

The two women and the child they wrestled over...
If the mother who had mercy on the child showed no mercy,
would Solomon had followed through to divide the child?
He was King after all.

Solomon built a house unto the Lord, and then built another to other gods.
His heart wasn't right like his father David's.
He loved his women. He made friends to the world, they all came to behold the wisdom of Solomon.

But did he have mercy??
Perhaps I need to study Solomon.
I haven't gotten that far yet.. lol
I keep running out of shovels for digging into everything.

Thank You @prism
Hugs

WillTell

Aug 22, 2021
Deep South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we receive the "baptism with the Holy Spirit" at conversion?
The following two passages would indicate that we may not...
Acts 8:14-16 When the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Samaria had accepted the Word of God, they sent Peter and John to them. When they arrived, they prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit, because the Holy Spirit had not yet come upon any of them; they had simply been baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus.
Acts 19:1,2 While Apollos was at Corinth, Paul took the road through the interior and arrived at Ephesus. There he found some disciples and asked them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" They answered, "No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit."

Then where is the Holy Spirit at conversion? This might help explain: John 14: 16,17 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another counsellor-but you know Him, for He lives with you (present) and will be in you (future). - © 1999 Howard Ellis

Hi, @Truman the Levite …. You pose a very interesting question. Many of those baptized in the days of the early church were receiving mixed messages. In Acts 8, many of the believers had been under the influence of Simon, a sorcerer, who was able to perform “magic,” and they thought he possessed special powers from God. Peter and John were sent to straighten out their thinking. They may have been dunked in the name of Jesus, but they had no real ability to distinguish what was of God and what was not until they heard the true gospel. They received the Holy Spirit when Peter and John prayed for them and laid hands on them. Simon, who also “believed,” did not receive the Holy Spirit because his heart was not right.

In Acts 19, the disciples at Ephesus also had a problem. They had never even heard of the Holy Spirit; therefore Paul rightly surmised that they had not fully received the gospel message. When they heard, they were baptized in the name of Jesus, and when Paul laid hands on them, they also received the Holy Spirit. In just a few month’s time, however, a spirit of unbelief hardened so many hearts there, that Paul left; but the people of Ephesus got wind of a strange occurrence that put the fear of the Lord right back into them. Some Jewish exorcists actually called on the name of the Lord Jesus “whom Paul preaches” during an exorcism. Now, I would love to have been a fly on the wall when the evil spirit “answered and said, ‘Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are you?’” Then the evil spirit jumped out of the man and overpowered them, and “they fled out of that house naked and wounded” (Acts 19:13-16). The result was a win for Christianity and the Holy Spirit—because those who had first believed in Ephesus confessed and burned their magic books.

I believe that God was very careful with His Holy Spirit among the first believers; but today, we have the whole of God’s plan for our salvation laid out before us in scripture. We have the benefit of the words of Jesus and the testimony of the apostles and early believers. We have the end of the story in Revelation. His church is established and has endured through the ages by Holy Spirit power within true believers. God knows our hearts, and I believe he does place His Spirit within us when we first believe. I think the awareness of the Spirit and reliance on Him grows over time as long as we keep Jesus first in our hearts. Paul says in 1 Corinthians 3:16, “Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?” So it’s possible not to be aware, but what a precious gift we have when we are. The fruit of the Spirit become evident in both thought and deed.

Reactions: prism and Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, @Truman the Levite …. You pose a very interesting question. Many of those baptized in the days of the early church were receiving mixed messages. In Acts 8, many of the believers had been under the influence of Simon, a sorcerer, who was able to perform “magic,” and they thought he possessed special powers from God. Peter and John were sent to straighten out their thinking. They may have been dunked in the name of Jesus, but they had no real ability to distinguish what was of God and what was not until they heard the true gospel. They received the Holy Spirit when Peter and John prayed for them and laid hands on them. Simon, who also “believed,” did not receive the Holy Spirit because his heart was not right.

In Acts 19, the disciples at Ephesus also had a problem. They had never even heard of the Holy Spirit; therefore Paul rightly surmised that they had not fully received the gospel message. When they heard, they were baptized in the name of Jesus, and when Paul laid hands on them, they also received the Holy Spirit. In just a few month’s time, however, a spirit of unbelief hardened so many hearts there, that Paul left; but the people of Ephesus got wind of a strange occurrence that put the fear of the Lord right back into them. Some Jewish exorcists actually called on the name of the Lord Jesus “whom Paul preaches” during an exorcism. Now, I would love to have been a fly on the wall when the evil spirit “answered and said, ‘Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are you?’” Then the evil spirit jumped out of the man and overpowered them, and “they fled out of that house naked and wounded” (Acts 19:13-16). The result was a win for Christianity and the Holy Spirit—because those who had first believed in Ephesus confessed and burned their magic books.

I believe that God was very careful with His Holy Spirit among the first believers; but today, we have the whole of God’s plan for our salvation laid out before us in scripture. We have the benefit of the words of Jesus and the testimony of the apostles and early believers. We have the end of the story in Revelation. His church is established and has endured through the ages by Holy Spirit power within true believers. God knows our hearts, and I believe he does place His Spirit within us when we first believe. I think the awareness of the Spirit and reliance on Him grows over time as long as we keep Jesus first in our hearts. Paul says in 1 Corinthians 3:16, “Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?” So it’s possible not to be aware, but what a precious gift we have when we are. The fruit of the Spirit become evident in both thought and deed.
First thought..

My cup runneth over.. an outpouring..
rivers of living waters
living waters are always moving, not stagnant
it doesn't dry up like a well.. or it can if we let it.
twice dead even
There is a filling up, and an emptying out...
We have it all, we just can't grasp it all
and as we grow, we handle a little more and more..
handling..

2Co 4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

manifestation of the truth.

manifestation..
φανέρωσις phanérōsis, fan-er'-o-sis; from G5319; exhibition, i.e. (figuratively) expression, (by extension) a bestowment:—manifestation.

1Co 12:7 But the manifestation G5321 of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

φανερόω phaneróō, fan-er-o'-o; from G5318; to render apparent (literally or figuratively):—appear, manifestly declare, (make) manifest (forth), shew (self).

How does the manifestation of the truth show itself through us?

thinking..
hugs

Reactions: WillTell

WillTell

Aug 22, 2021
Deep South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We boldly stand on the promises of God; we even remind Him of them in our prayers. We trust in Him completely and call on Him at the first sign of fear or distress. We keep ourselves armed against the fiery darts of the enemy by studying His Word. We take His advice for daily living, walk humbly, and love what and who He loves. We shun evil and do good. We display the fruit of the Spirit so that others can see Christ in us. And all this we do, not to be saved, but because we ARE saved and have His Holy Spirit empowering us! :)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We boldly stand on the promises of God; we even remind Him of them in our prayers. We trust in Him completely and call on Him at the first sign of fear or distress. We keep ourselves armed against the fiery darts of the enemy by studying His Word. We take His advice for daily living, walk humbly, and love what and who He loves. We shun evil and do good. We display the fruit of the Spirit so that others can see Christ in us. And all this we do, not to be saved, but because we ARE saved and have His Holy Spirit empowering us! :)
Amen

HUGS

Reactions: farouk and WillTell

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Whatever happened to the Holy Spirit? It’s inside of each and every believer!
Ezekiel 36:27
27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.

It’s a grace-filled promise! And what makes this promise so precious is that it was spoken to a graceless people who had disobeyed and rejected God. In Ezekiel 36:18, just a few verses before, God was furious with them: “I poured my fury upon them.” But then in verse 27, His all-sufficient grace shines through! Wow….Our Father’s grace is amazing! We read in Romans 5:20 “where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.” !!!

And notice the word “cause” in verse 27. The gospel would be God’s way in which He would make His kids obey His statutes. When we accept Jesus as our Savior, God works in us to want to obey and do His will (Philippians 2:13). We have the most gracious Father! :) -jb
@jessiblue With a dispensational understanding of Scripture, the indwelling of the Spirit has particular relevance for the church, which is from Pentecost onwards (Acts 2).

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is David?
He is IN the HOUSE of the LORD.

When we pray we come before the throne of God.
David is IN the House of Prayer.
David knew God's mercy because he was in his presence.
David loved God's Law because it was the Light of his Path.
Solomon ... Solomon had wisdom, but did he have mercy?

The two women and the child they wrestled over...
If the mother who had mercy on the child showed no mercy,
would Solomon had followed through to divide the child?
He was King after all.

Solomon built a house unto the Lord, and then built another to other gods.
His heart wasn't right like his father David's.
He loved his women. He made friends to the world, they all came to behold the wisdom of Solomon.

But did he have mercy??
Perhaps I need to study Solomon.
I haven't gotten that far yet.. lol
I keep running out of shovels for digging into everything.

Thank You @prism
Hugs
Remember, God's unconditional promises to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were given at least 400 years before the law. So mercy reigned back then.

Reactions: Ziggy

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, I would love to have been a fly on the wall when the evil spirit “answered and said, ‘Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are you?’”
You probably don't want that, as Beelzebub is also known as Lord of the flies'. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: WillTell

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
First thought..

My cup runneth over.. an outpouring..
rivers of living waters
living waters are always moving, not stagnant
it doesn't dry up like a well.. or it can if we let it.
twice dead even
There is a filling up, and an emptying out...
We have it all, we just can't grasp it all
and as we grow, we handle a little more and more..
handling..

2Co 4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

manifestation of the truth.

manifestation..
φανέρωσις phanérōsis, fan-er'-o-sis; from G5319; exhibition, i.e. (figuratively) expression, (by extension) a bestowment:—manifestation.

1Co 12:7 But the manifestation G5321 of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

φανερόω phaneróō, fan-er-o'-o; from G5318; to render apparent (literally or figuratively):—appear, manifestly declare, (make) manifest (forth), shew (self).

thinking..
hugs
@Zggy : There was a chorus years ago: "Running over, running over, my cup's full and running over..." :)

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember, God's unconditional promises to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were given at least 400 years before the law. So mercy reigned back then.
They was in the age of Grace. Like we are Today.
And then the law came and all were brought under it.
Paul says something about because of transgressions...
Gal 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

what does that mean, it was ordained by angels?
and, in the hand of a mediator?

Moses is the mediator?
Who are the angels?

Sidetracked or on topic?

which of the angels were found to give the ordination of the law into the hand of a mediator?

That's like saying..
What 2 angels put words in Jesus mouth to speak?

not ordained by God, but by angels... what does that mean?

Peter:
Act 10:42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.
Act 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

I'm hearing, and he commanded us (his angels) to bring forth this gospel (law)
by the hand of him which was ordained of God, which is himself, to be judge of the quick and dead.

Jesus is the law, incarnate.
Rev 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Right now we are in the last hours of the age of grace. Which Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob existed.
They had liberty, in that even though they were sinners...
If you compare their lives with what the says you shouldn't do, then Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were not sinless.
They were living in the age of grace and they walked by faith, and their sins were not held against them.
Those promises still stand.

When the sin became overflowing, it was everywhere, and even the seed that should bring hope to the world was being afflicted.
God had to reign it in.
And so he sent his angels to preach unto the people , through the hands of a mediator Moses, the Law.
But they added to it, they twisted it, they made it fit the way they wanted it, they didn't obey it.
And then Jesus came, like the fire on the mountain, to set things straight.
And because of His sacrifice, we have been given another period of grace, in which we walk by faith and not by sight.

And that time is quickly coming to an end. And when it does, it won't be giving us another set of laws,
nope,
it will be judgement day.

just thinking..
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it is by Faith that mountains are moved.

That mountain of fiery judgment.. that Mt,Sinai..
It can be moved with faith.
Moved meaning persuaded, touched in the heart..
it can be "moved" by faith.

Mat 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

That is that condemnation that is removed, that is the judgment that is removed, sin removed,
and all it takes is a little, even the size of a grain of mustard seed, just a little faith.