Whats That?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
A lot of people confuse these two different events:

1..Jesus comes for his saints

2..Jesus comes with his saints

Willfully confuse in the cases of some I might add. Guess it must be a real pain for some to have to go back and alter their positions. :lol:

Shoot even recently I had to alter my position on how I viewed the Magog Invasion, after reading "Israelstine" by Bill Salus. After that book presented its argument, I realized that my view of the timing of Magog and the events needing to precede it, were all wrong. I think some Christians are guilty of being prideful. Many think that because they've studied the Bible for years, that their interpretations are flawless and thus immune to any correction. I certainly view my study of the Bible as an always evolving process. I don't even think I'm going to be able to understand it all by the time of the RAPTURE.

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
Willfully confuse in the cases of some I might add. Guess it must be a real pain for some to have to go back and alter their positions. :lol:

Shoot even recently I had to alter my position on how I viewed the Magog Invasion, after reading "Israelstine" by Bill Salus. After that book presented its argument, I realized that my view of the timing of Magog and the events needing to precede it, were all wrong. I think some Christians are guilty of being prideful. Many think that because they've studied the Bible for years, that their interpretations are flawless and thus immune to any correction. I certainly view my study of the Bible as an always evolving process. I don't even think I'm going to be able to understand it all by the time of the RAPTURE.

That's about right, you don't understand. Someday you will see.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada

Shoot even recently I had to alter my position on how I viewed the Magog Invasion, after reading "Israelstine" by Bill Salus. After that book presented its argument, I realized that my view of the timing of Magog and the events needing to precede it, were all wrong. I think some Christians are guilty of being prideful. Many think that because they've studied the Bible for years, that their interpretations are flawless and thus immune to any correction. I certainly view my study of the Bible as an always evolving process.

Part of your quote would apply to me as well .... I certainly view my study of the Bible as an always evolving process.

I find my prophetic understanding is being added to by studies such as Bill Salus and other recent events. The large picture remains the same with additional new insight here and there.

I find Psalm 83 has been asleep and largely overlooked until the last couple of years. The same as Damascus being destroyed (as per scripture) . Damascus is one of the oldest continuous cities in existence today.

Tomorrow it may not be here.

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
Jerry. It sounds like you are calling for censorship of people's views that do not fit with your own.

Please think carefully about that.

I have. What is being accomplished with this thread? Will any one change there mind? Likely not, the only way any one can support the rapture is by adding to or misinterpreting Scripture, or quoting from sources that add to or misinterpret Scripture. This forum does not go along with the rapture.

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
I have. What is being accomplished with this thread? Will any one change there mind? Likely not, the only way any one can support the rapture is by adding to or misinterpreting Scripture, or quoting from sources that add to or misinterpret Scripture. This forum does not go along with the rapture.

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry...I see a Bible re-education camp in the plans for you when we get to eternity. :lol:

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada

Jerry

The easiest thing to do with a subject that displeases you is to simply avoid it.

If enough people discard the topic or thread it will succumb on its own.

If two or more are gathered together to trade insight on a topic it should be of no concern to the disinterested.

I prefer to make my own decisions regarding which topics have my interest.

Thank you.

Martin

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
Jerry

The easiest thing to do with a subject that displeases you is to simply avoid it.

If enough people discard the topic or thread it will succumb on its own.

If two or more are gathered together to trade insight on a topic it should be of no concern to the disinterested.

I prefer to make my own decisions regarding which topics have my interest.

Thank you.

Martin

I agree Martin.

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
Jerry

Martin

The subject isn't the issue. I'll talk escatology all day with reasonable people. There comes a point when going over the same stuff over and over is a waste of time. You will not change my mind and I will not open your eyes. So why keep trying.

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
IF WE FAITH BELIEVERS ARE STILL HERE WHY ON EARTH DOES GOD NEED TO SEND 144,000 MORE TO PREACH THE WORD?

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
IF WE FAITH BELIEVERS ARE STILL HERE WHY ON EARTH DOES GOD NEED TO SEND 144,000 MORE TO PREACH THE WORD?

That should tell you that you are not getting the job done. The words of man are being taught not the Word of God.

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
there are things other tan this forum going on but WHY SEND 144,000 IF THE WORD IS BEING PREACHED? UNLESS WE ALL ARE TELLING LIES AND HE SENDS THEM OR THERE IS NO ONE LEFT TO PREACH THE WORD. THOSE ARE THE ONLY 2 REASONS I SEE. HE SENT JESUS BECAUSE THEIR WAS NO SAVIOR.HE SENDS THE 144,000 BECAUSE THERE IS NO PREACHERS OF FAITH.

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
there are things other tan this forum going on but WHY SEND 144,000 IF THE WORD IS BEING PREACHED? UNLESS WE ALL ARE TELLING LIES AND HE SENDS THEM OR THERE IS NO ONE LEFT TO PREACH THE WORD. THOSE ARE THE ONLY 2 REASONS I SEE. HE SENT JESUS BECAUSE THEIR WAS NO SAVIOR.HE SENDS THE 144,000 BECAUSE THERE IS NO PREACHERS OF FAITH.

You really don't need to shout.

It isn't that no one is left to preach. It's the preachers, the large majority of them, are not teaching the word of God. All of this is in the process right now. The Assemblies listed in Revelation 2 & 3, are being formed. God approves of two of them out of the seven. He is unhappy with five of the pastors and threatens to “remove their candlestick.”

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
I'm with you Gregg. God has flawless plans and does everything in a calculated manner. Sure sounds to me like 144k Jews are sent out to preach the gospel because the CHURCH is gone. This is just one of the finer technical points that helps make the case. And why even have TWO witnesses preaching the gospel in Jerusalem for 3 1/2 years, then allowing them to be killed and resurrecting them before the entire planet as a witness, if the CHURCH would still be around witnessing? Yet another technical detail pointing to the CHURCH being gone. The fullness of he Gentiles is coming in. And once that quota is reached, VOOOOOOM. Its going to be awesome!