Whats That?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

maxx

Apr 5, 2010
Second coming timing?

The Rapture or the coming of Christ? but sorry the rapture is not the coming of christ... but yes it is in a way .. he will come in the air to take the bride... then the coming of Christ... he will come to the mount and then go into the temple.... ... so yes Jesus will come sorry for lucifer.... that will be some bad days for himmm . and the timing faster then you think.... but not fast enough for me... this world is not my home. but then Lucifer will be cast down like lightning from heaven when the bride goes to heaven.... and he will say this is not my home..... and then his anger will be on them that call this their home..... good luck. Its very simple....

gumby

May 29, 2009
The popular rapture theory was nothing more than a fairytale dreamed up by a mentally disturbed child and two preachers used it basically to deceive the whole modern day church. Theres works of antichrist written all over it.

maxx

Apr 5, 2010
The popular rapture theory was nothing more than a fairytale dreamed up by a mentally disturbed child and two preachers used it basically to deceive the whole modern day church. Theres works of antichrist written all over it.

I would expect nothing less from you , Im shocked you could not even throw a little more into it .

gumby

May 29, 2009
I would expect nothing less from you , Im shocked you could not even throw a little more into it .

Read Ezekiel 13:20, Psalm 91:3, Psalm 124:7 and Jeremiah 5:26.

I have pleanty more scriptures if your interested as well maxx. God bless

maxx

Apr 5, 2010
Good for you Caiaphas. You usually do.

You havent quit figured out what I said to you... it will sink in!

gumby

May 29, 2009
Good for you Caiaphas. You usually do.

You havent quit figured out what I said to you... it will sink in!

Not to be rude friend but please dont play mind games with me, they usually dont work with me because i can disprove them with the word of god

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ

Unfortunately you are incorrect since there is historical evidence that even the early church understood this doctrine. Sure Darby has been credited with "popularizing" this doctrine but it was no invention by a mentally disturbed child. Historical documented evidence > you.

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
Unfortunately you are incorrect since there is historical evidence that even the early church understood this doctrine. Sure Darby has been credited with "popularizing" this doctrine but it was no invention by a mentally disturbed child. Historical documented evidence > you.

The Rapture Lie Bible Study
http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/444-the-rapture-lie-bible-study/

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
The individual that wrote that manifesto is ignorant of early church history which clearly demonstrated that the "rapture" doctrine was understood by the early church. I trust historical evidence over the ramblings of someone who conveniently overlooks historical facts when it contradicts their point of view.

I think you should write him a PM and tell him he's ignorant.

gumby

May 29, 2009

Kindly show we were the magic rapture theory applies in scripture because i can show you In Matthew 24:11, Matthew 24:12, Matthew 24:13 and Matthew 10:22.

Now lets apply the false rapture theory to this. The pre-triblulation doctrine teaches that christ will come before the seventh trump. This is false antichrist comes at the sixth trump so therefor all these rapture beleivers that go at the sixth trup thinking christ has returned will in fact go with antichrist and will be deceived. Lets look at this a bit more in depth here on what the bible says on antichrists. 1st John 2:18, Matthew 24:5, Matthew 24:24, 1st John 2:22, 1st John 4:3, 2nd John 1:7 and 1st John 4:1. The key here though is look at 1st John 2:19 in depth and chew on it and meditate on it. Does this remind you of the people who will sit on the church pews and claim to be a christian. Sure they will walk like a christian, talk like a christian and even try to deceive people by acting like a christian but the fact remains they keep hanging on to there traditions and they cant let there beloved rapture or easter or halloween or world of warcraft stop dominating there lives. They would rather hang on to there traditions and teach fly away theories. And as for you speaking ill of hammerstone you may not like him or me for that matter and thats fine but you know something sadly people who teach gods truth as it should be arnt well liked but thats what i do with no traditions or fairytales applied because god will not stand for it in his word. Hammerstone put that thread there for a reason that way people would not be deceived and would know the truth of gods word. Read Ezekiel 13:20 god is against flying away. I pray you learn the truth and learn it soon before its to late.

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
I think you should write him a PM and tell him he's ignorant.

I don't believe he's ignorant but ignorant of early church history when it comes to the doctrine of the "rapture." First and foremost, the resurrection "rapture" was one of the most fundamental doctrines of the early church for many centuries. From the fall of Rome, for the next 1000 years and the Dark Ages, it was very difficult for the average Christian to obtain a Bible. They were written in Latin and were extremely expensive and hard to obtain. Its no wonder the doctrine of the resurrection "rapture" was lost during that time. In addition, for the next 800 years the only people who had access to the Bible were priests. Many of these priests could not even read Latin. And it was only in 1876, that it became legal for a Catholic in Italy to own a Bible.

Just a few years ago an untranslated manuscript from Ephraim the Syrian was found. He was a famous theologian from the area of Turkey. This individual described 16 centuries ago not only the "rapture" but the sequence of events beginning with the "rapture", the events going through the Tribulation and ending with the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ with His church. This manuscript is important because it proved that the "rapture" was taught and that it was understood nearly 1600 years ago. And lets not forget the inscriptions found on tombs in the catacombs of Rome, which also support the "rapture" theory. There is a lack of integrity by many opponents of the "rapture" and the historical evidence smashes their claim to pieces that the "rapture" was invented by a mentally ill child.

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
The Robster,

Well you be the first one taken if you want, I’ll stay working. You have a good trip!

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
The Robster,

Well you be the first one taken if you want, I’ll stay working. You have a good trip!

Trust me I'm working to the end. When the Lord punches your ticket its time to go. If for some reason you don't find yourself aboard that bus, then you obviously have bigger problems than you could have ever imagined. :lol:

JarBreaker

Apr 6, 2010
I don't believe he's ignorant but ignorant of early church history when it comes to the doctrine of the "rapture." First and foremost, the resurrection "rapture" was one of the most fundamental doctrines of the early church for many centuries. From the fall of Rome, for the next 1000 years and the Dark Ages, it was very difficult for the average Christian to obtain a Bible. They were written in Latin and were extremely expensive and hard to obtain. Its no wonder the doctrine of the resurrection "rapture" was lost during that time. In addition, for the next 800 years the only people who had access to the Bible were priests. Many of these priests could not even read Latin. And it was only in 1876, that it became legal for a Catholic in Italy to own a Bible.

Illegal to own a bible ?

Rev 2:6
But you have this in your favor: You hate the practices of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

Nicolaitan from wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolaism

PAY ATTENTION HERE:
Nico means "conquer" in Greek, and laitan refers to lay people, or laity; hence, the word may be taken to mean "lay conquerors" or "conquerors of the lay people"

So, basically it was ... you poor commonfolk sit out there and listen while we chant in Latin and let US tell YOU what the bible says.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010

-- No wonder so many people come and go so quickly from this site.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
I have been around almost at the start of the site.........If I am going to be abused, might as well be another Christian.

Mike.

gumby

May 29, 2009
-- No wonder so many people come and go so quickly from this site.

If they do thats there choice not mine and its not my intent to drive anyone away from this site nor is it my intent to verbally abuse anyone. That being said mike im sorry if it came across that way but im here to seperate fact from fairytale. That being said concerning the rapture lie its always been stated from the begining on this site that CB is against it because its not scriptural and you or anyone else i say cant make i rapture fit in gods word because its simply not there.

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
If they do thats there choice not mine and its not my intent to drive anyone away from this site nor is it my intent to verbally abuse anyone. That being said mike im sorry if it came across that way but im here to seperate fact from fairytale. That being said concerning the rapture lie its always been stated from the begining on this site that CB is against it because its not scriptural and you or anyone else i say cant make i rapture fit in gods word because its simply not there.

Speak for yourself. The early Church had folks that understood and believed the "rapture" doctrine and plenty of Biblical teachers today like Chuck Missler, Grant Jeffrey, Chuck Smith, Hal Lindsey, etc. have more than stated the case in many of their publications. You and others can't make it fit as you put it because you may be intellectually dishonest or have other reasons to have such a hostile attitude towards this doctrine. Its interesting to note that the Christians who tend to call the "rapture" doctrine a lie, also tend to be the very same Christians that believe that God has abandoned Israel and who also tend to have resentment towards Israel and the Jews. You can call it a lie all you want, but this doctrine was believed 1600 years ago by Christians. How many believed is impossible to know, but it was understood and believed by Christians. The manuscript of Ephraim of Syria more than adequately supports the claim.

Reactions: 01CobraVortech

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
Speak for yourself. The early Church had folks that understood and believed the "rapture" doctrine and plenty of Biblical teachers today like Chuck Missler, Grant Jeffrey, Chuck Smith, Hal Lindsey, etc. have more than stated the case in many of their publications. You and others can't make it fit as you put it because you may be intellectually dishonest or have other reasons to have such a hostile attitude towards this doctrine. Its interesting to note that the Christians who tend to call the "rapture" doctrine a lie, also tend to be the very same Christians that believe that God has abandoned Israel and who also tend to have resentment towards Israel and the Jews. You can call it a lie all you want, but this doctrine was believed 1600 years ago by Christians. How many believed is impossible to know, but it was understood and believed by Christians. The manuscript of Ephraim of Syria more than adequately supports the claim.

Well, roadster, I know the rapture stuff to be unscriptural, I do not believe God has abandoned Israel and I am of Hebrew ancestry. If you want to believe the lie be my guest. I WILL NOT! There are those that believed the earth was flat also, and likely wrote about it in ancient documents.