What's The First Thing You Are Going To Do When You Get To Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What will be the first thing you do when your spirit separates from your physical flesh? I'll go first.

2 Corinthians 5:6–8 “6 Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord— 7 for we walk by faith, not by sight— 8 we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.”

I'm gonna give Jesus Christ a huge spiritual hug! Then I'm going to jump up on our FATHER'S lap! I already called 1st dibs, so stay outta my way! :)

*For Catholics, I guess it will be after you guys/gals get out of "Purgatory" Love you all!

The Lord Jesus Christ ONLY, is Worthy of all our Praise and Worship!
Eternity is a Very long Time!
Satan Loves Distractions and Wants Christians To Just Die!!
Well, I'm with Paul on this one, that, above all, it will beyond our imaginations as to both, the environment and our characters, as to what God has in store for those who love Him (1 Corinthians 2:9).
I can not anticipate what there will be to do, what I will desire to do, what Christ the Lord will have me to do. I won't even attempt to speculate.
Therefore, I am with anyone who showed humility and unworthiness in response to the OP. Namely @Dave M , @Willie T @Windmillcharge

If I had to, I can only imagine that, I too, will plead guilty and unworthy, and would drop my jaw in awe and prostrate myself in worship, ..and not move myself from there.
...and I'm still probably wrong in so many ways, for I can't even assure anyone that I'm going to make the grade...

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...and I'm still probably wrong in so many ways, for I can't even assure anyone that I'm going to make the grade...

Where IN SCRIPTURE , is it written, that you can know ? God did not lie when He Reveals in Scripture the truth.

So where is it written, as written, written so we can know that we are walking in the light, we can know that we are not wrong... where is this written?

And why weren't people taught this yet, those who do not know yet .... ... ?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where IN SCRIPTURE , is it written, that you can know ? God did not lie when He Reveals in Scripture the truth.

So where is it written, as written, written so we can know that we are walking in the light, we can know that we are not wrong... where is this written?

And why weren't people taught this yet, those who do not know yet .... ... ?
One must retain their Faith either till their death, or until Christ returns. One can fall away. This is what I was talking about.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One must retain their Faith either till their death, or until Christ returns. One can fall away. This is what I was talking about.
Good then.
Still , HOW can someone KNOW that they are walking in the LIGHT until they pass away or Jesus comes, as Scripture says ?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good then.
Still , HOW can someone KNOW that they are walking in the LIGHT until they pass away or Jesus comes, as Scripture says ?
As of today, and if I have understood the Law of Faith in Christ's atoning work on the cross, I am saved. But, I have no idea what tomorrow holds. For, I've always said, if God wants to put me to the test to get me to renounce my faith, he certainly will succeed. It is only because He is sparing me, that I am still standing.

Reactions: jshiii

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As of today, and if I have understood the Law of Faith in Christ's atoning work on the cross, I am saved. But, I have no idea what tomorrow holds. For, I've always said, if God wants to put me to the test to get me to renounce my faith, he certainly will succeed. It is only because He is sparing me, that I am still standing.
Is there a reason, known, or unknown, why you did not read the New Testament yet ? Specifically here, 1st John. (it could have been found today by a simple internet search, to answer the question put twice or more times: where is it written how we can know that we are walking in the light (and contrariwise, or otherwise, we can know when someone is NOT walking in the light, but is full of darkness)

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is there a reason, known, or unknown, why you did not read the New Testament yet ? Specifically here, 1st John. (it could have been found today by a simple internet search, to answer the question put twice or more times: where is it written how we can know that we are walking in the light (and contrariwise, or otherwise, we can know when someone is NOT walking in the light, but is full of darkness)
Is there a reason that you did not understand my reply?
I said, I understand, through Scripture, the parameters for Salvation, and so far, have abided. But, I do not know what tomorrow brings. The fact that I do not hold to 'Once saved, always saved', is my point.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there a reason that you did not understand my reply?
I said, I understand, through Scripture, the parameters for Salvation, and so far, have abided. But, I do not know what tomorrow brings. The fact that I do not hold to 'Once saved, always saved', is my point.
Your reply is non-sequetor - not related to the question (now two or three times).
Are you purposefullly avoiding reading 1st John for some reason?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your reply is non-sequetor - not related to the question (now two or three times).
Are you purposefullly avoiding reading 1st John for some reason?
It's spelled non-sequitur.
Haven't a clue what you're talking about, not a clue. ...not convinced that you do either?

Reactions: Willie T

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's spelled non-sequitur.
Haven't a clue what you're talking about, not a clue. ...not convinced that you do either?
Be straight> tell the truth> Did you read 1st John ?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From these two statements quoted below, you do not understand what God reveals in Scripture.
If you even read the Scripture, with understanding God alone can give, and He gives freely to little children, as written,
then you would know that God never tempts anyone to do evil.
James 1:13 When tempted, no one should say, "God is ...

James 1:13 When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He tempt anyone.
God is never tempted to do wrong, and he never tempts anyone else. English Standard Version Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God," for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. Berean Study Bible When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor ...
Does God tempt us to sin? | GotQuestions.org

Does God tempt us to sin? | GotQuestions.org
James 1:13 gives a guiding principle: no one has the right to say that he has been tempted "of God." The word "of" is essential to our understanding this statement, because it indicates the origin of something. Temptations to sin do not originate with God. James concludes: God cannot be tempted with evil, and God does not tempt anyone ...
James 1:13 - Bible Gateway

https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/James 1:13
A man must not say when he is tempted, "God is tempting me." For God has no dealings with evil, and does not himself tempt anyone. No, a man's temptation is due to the pull of his own inward desires, which can be enormously attractive.

For, I've always said, if God wants to put me to the test to get me to renounce my faith, he certainly will succeed.
As of today, and if I have understood the Law of Faith in Christ's atoning work on the cross, I am saved.

HOW could ANYONE KNOW ? >>> Back to 1st JOHN (did you never read 1st John ? ) >>>

1 JOHN 5:13 KJV "These things have I written unto you that ...

1 JOHN 5:13 KJV "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that..."
1 John 5:13 KJV: These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
1 John 5:13-21 ESV - That You May Know - I write these ...

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+John+5:13-21&version=ESV
1 John 5:13-21 English Standard Version (ESV) That You May Know. 13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life. 14 And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we ...

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I'm with Paul on this one, that, above all, it will beyond our imaginations as to both, the environment and our characters, as to what God has in store for those who love Him (1 Corinthians 2:9).
I can not anticipate what there will be to do, what I will desire to do, what Christ the Lord will have me to do. I won't even attempt to speculate.
Therefore, I am with anyone who showed humility and unworthiness in response to the OP. Namely @Dave M , @Willie T @Windmillcharge

If I had to, I can only imagine that, I too, will plead guilty and unworthy, and would drop my jaw in awe and prostrate myself in worship, ..and not move myself from there.

If Jesus is your Lord and Saviour then you will be in heaven, not because of the amazing quality of your life, but because of the beyond belief of Jesus's love and grace to you.
The other thing is that heaven will be far more amazing than we can think of imagine.

Reactions: jshiii and Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus is your Lord and Saviour then you will be in heaven, not because of the amazing quality of your life, but because of the beyond belief of Jesus's love and grace to you.
The other thing is that heaven will be far more amazing than we can think of imagine.
Look up , when possible, if desired ,
at a bible search: "will be saved"
to see how some things "will be" that are not yet,
and "if you endure" or "whoever endures"
and how some things can change from how they are now, because God's Word Says So.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Look up , when possible, if desired ,
at a bible search: "will be saved"
to see how some things "will be" that are not yet,
and "if you endure" or "whoever endures"
and how some things can change from how they are now, because God's Word Says So.

Or accept that it is Jesus who holds on to us, not us to Jesus.
Yes we have to strive, we are to be obedient to Jesus's command.
It is a strange saviour who having saved cannot keep one saved.

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joseph77 is very close to getting the "Iggy!" I'm really not into arguing anymore. I'll just "shake the dust off my feet" and move on. Jesus is in control of all things here on Earth and Heaven.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or accept that it is Jesus who holds on to us, not us to Jesus.
Yes we have to strive, we are to be obedient to Jesus's command.
It is a strange saviour who having saved cannot keep one saved.
Wouldn't it be even stranger, and lacking LIFE, to make robots to love ?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joseph77 is very close to getting the "Iggy!" I'm really not into arguing anymore. I'll just "shake the dust off my feet" and move on. Jesus is in control of all things here on Earth and Heaven.
COOL ! (if you follow thru)

When those of the world, or worse, "shake the dust", they usually leave and don't bother us anymore.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/James 1:13
A man must not say when he is tempted, "God is tempting me." For God has no dealings with evil, and does not himself tempt anyone. No, a man's temptation is due to the pull of his own inward desires, which can be enormously attractive.

HOW could ANYONE KNOW ? >>> Back to 1st JOHN (did you never read 1st John ? ) >>>

1 JOHN 5:13 KJV "These things have I written unto you that ...

1 JOHN 5:13 KJV "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that..."
1 John 5:13 KJV: These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
1 John 5:13-21 ESV - That You May Know - I write these ...
You seem a bit off Joseph? Just appreciate what I said in context. Also Willie T's statement. You missed the point in what we are both saying.

Reactions: Willie T