what's the point anymore

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i don't get what you're saying jesus was Jehovah's first creation his son. He was a spirit creature like an angel.

And this is why JW is not considered part of the Christian faith, because we believe Jesus Christ is God in flesh...Not just a spirit creature or an angel.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit lives in us, so God lives and breathes in us. :)

*I wish there was hearts in eyes emoticon for this. :p

Reactions: Nancy

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
How can he be god and the son and father be aswell isn't that polytheism. The bible cleary says that jesus was created and holy spirit is his force. (Jehovah's)
Oh I LOVE the Holy Spirit being called an active force. He surely is!!!! :) But I believe the Holy Spirit is also God.

Reactions: Nancy

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can he be god and the son and father be aswell isn't that polytheism. The bible cleary says that jesus was created and holy spirit is his force. (Jehovah's)

The Holy Bible does not. If it is, please show me the scripture, so I can take a look.

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Oh I LOVE the Holy Spirit being called an active force. He surely is!!!! :) But I believe the Holy Spirit is also God.

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I especially like this part:

first impulse of a Jehovah’s Witness, of course, is to place Jesus in the category of “all things that came into being” because that’s what their theology dictates. In keeping with the teaching of Arius in the early fourth century, there was a time “when the Word was not.” Jesus was the first created being and everything else was created by Jehovah through Jesus.

But John 1:3 doesn’t allow that option. Look at the wording carefully. John says,

“All things came into being by Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being,”

or in the NWT,

“…and apart from him not even one thing came into existence” (emphasis mine).

John says the same thing two different ways for emphasis and clarity: everything that ever came into being owes its existence to Jesus, who caused it all to happen. If Jesus caused all created things to come into existence, then He must have existed before all created things came into existence. Therefore, the Word could not have been created.

In other words, if Jesus created everything that has come into being, and Jesus also came into being (as they contend), then Jesus created Himself. He would have to exist as Creator before He existed as a created thing, which is absurd. Therefore, Jesus can’t be placed in the square labeled, “all things that came into being.”

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God can be who ever He will...He IS all in all. A God who created ALL things, and whom NOTHING is impossible. How can we ask the question "how can he..."? His ways are way higher than ours. Every part of God's character is God. His thoughts, His ways...His WORD! And, I believe that God the Son (Living, literally breathed Word of God) came down to earth from on high in the form of a human being. God The Holy Spirit (His literal power manifested in a "person"), and God the Father are ALL of God Himself. Is His literal WORD alive? Has His WORD been with Him from the beginning? IMHO, bottom line is that Our God, who's ways are unsearchable to the puny human mind, is All in All...JMO! :)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

God is a family...He invented family. Did you know that it takes 2 to pro-create...as a symbol of the Father and the Son creating this world?

Reactions: faithfulness

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
can you tell me how jesus can send his own body into mary's to be born.
For a point of clarification: Trinitarians and LDS and LDS acknowledge the Father and the Son to be two different persons, so this sentence doesn't really make a lot of sense.
i don't get what you're saying jesus was Jehovah's first creation his son. He was a spirit creature like an angel.
This is a JW-specific belief. I've been to a lot of other groups (including many exotics) and never encountered another that held this belief.
Again, Trinitarians and LDS belief that there's ONE God. 3 persons, in ONE God. They would also disagree passionately with your 2nd sentence.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For a point of clarification: Trinitarians and LDS and LDS acknowledge the Father and the Son to be two different persons, so this sentence doesn't really make a lot of sense.

This is a JW-specific belief. I've been to a lot of other groups (including many exotics) and never encountered another that held this belief.

OK maybe you can answer this...Why does LDS sound so much like LSD? What is the relation?