what's the point anymore

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
what's the point of even having christian faith and being part of a congregation if all the other congregations are going to judge you and force their ways down your throat i am a jw and on christian forums i was constantly being told i was a wrong and i should "read the bible" and i say "okay i will read my bible" there response. "no no no your bible is corrupt okay read a "real" Bible" . i think that's what wrong with Christendom to many ways of thinking maybe those Catholics are right that the Protestant reformation should never have had happen. any way just saying that it is hard to believe if you're saved when some bully punches your throat and tells you are wrong.

I haven't read any of the other posts on this thread, so what I say may be a repeat of what others said...but actually I have to say that our relationship with the Lord is just that ...it is OUR personal relationship with Him.

Maybe stop worrying so much about what other people on Forums think or say...but get hooked into God Himself, and then let Him teach and direct you. He is more than willing. :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i see myself like other jws see themselves as Christians yes i know that might be hard to believe but it's true

It doesn't really matter how or what we see ourselves as...The bottom line is how God see's us!!

God's nature is Love...therefore I believe God looks for that reflection of Himself in us....THAT is what is weighed...not what group we do or don't belong to.

If you came to this Site for fellowship...why don't you just drop your "In a JW" stand , and just start joining in all the other threads.

You wont find any of us here playing the "In a this or that" card...in fact just the opposite ...it's usually like pulling hens teeth to find our what and where the membership here have joined themselves.

So I say...Drop the "I am different" and "I am special" ...and just be yourself ..one of the members...

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
see message above

There is a Huge difference between Pro-Creation, and Creation!
Take the Gospel of Matthew, Chapt 1 is about the Genealogy of the Savior's Human Linage! From Abraham to David, and from David until the Babylon captivity, and from Babylon captivity to the Birth of Mary!!!! Each separate division's were 14 Generation's. All that were begot, were begot through normal conception! with Our Savior the Holy Spirit overshadowed Mary, and a Embryo was created within Her! This is the Separation of God to Human, Mary carried Our Savior for 9 months, and within Her developed a Child of God, thus the Son of God, and the second Adam, not created with dirt, but by the Power of God.
During this 9 months, while in the Womb, the Child's blood never intermingles with the Mother, this separates our Savior from the rest of mankind that has the Curse of Sin Coursing through their Vein's, A Miracle!!! What! Did Abraham have a child, after His wife was beyond childbearing age!! Did Zachariah and Elizabeth have a child after they were too old, named John the Baptist, One Difference, God chose Mary. a decedent of David, and a Jew, to fulfill His Word, that all the nations would be blessed from Abraham's SEED, singular!

Reactions: Mayflower and Nancy

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It doesn't really matter how or what we see ourselves as...The bottom line is how God see's us!!

God's nature is Love...therefore I believe God looks for that reflection of Himself in us....THAT is what is weighed...not what group we do or don't belong to.

If you came to this Site for fellowship...why don't you just drop your "In a JW" stand , and just start joining in all the other threads.

You wont find any of us here playing the "In a this or that" card...in fact just the opposite ...it's usually like pulling hens teeth to find our what and where the membership here have joined themselves.

So I say...Drop the "I am different" and "I am special" ...and just be yourself ..one of the members...

We are just here "having a 'forum' of godliness" after all... ;)

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
i never said i was special or different.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
begotten means created
Hey MM
Begotten does not mean created. It means unique.

The other thing I'd like to say is that only God knows who is saved and who is not.
Although I don't agree with JW's, I do respect how they live and how nice they are.
I never would tell one of them they're not saved...
We talk to each other. I tell them that they could try to convert me and I could try to convert them!

One nice lady I've known for years comes to my home with her JW husband and we have tea and talk about Jesus, the bible, etc.

At least JW's all believe the same theology.
Protestantism makes me a little crazy.

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Hey MM
Begotten does not mean created. It means unique.

The other thing I'd like to say is that only God knows who is saved and who is not.
Although I don't agree with JW's, I do respect how they live and how nice they are.
I never would tell one of them they're not saved...
We talk to each other. I tell them that they could try to convert me and I could try to convert them!

One nice lady I've known for years comes to my home with her JW husband and we have tea and talk about Jesus, the bible, etc.

At least JW's all believe the same theology.
Protestantism makes me a little crazy.
Even if begotten means unique (which it doesn't) how would that disprove he's not created could mean his (Jehovah's) unique creation

Reactions: Truth

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
begotten means created

Jesus was indeed made according to the seed of David (Romans 1:3). Did you know that the Bible says that Jehovah has a Maker (Isaiah 45:11)?

Oh I LOVE the Holy Spirit being called an active force. He surely is!!!! :) But I believe the Holy Spirit is also God.

He is also a Person (Romans 8:26-27). He has a mind, and also makes intercession for us.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i am done with christianty i never want to associate with such people again.

This may sound like a very stupid question...but I have to ask it...

So, if the above statement of yours is how you feel...why on earth did you bother to join a Christian Forum?
I am a bit confused.

download.jpg

Reactions: Nancy