what's the point anymore

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me, I was in those other translations so long that I know what they say; and therefore when I read it in the kjv the understanding isn't lost to me that other translations have revealed to me in the past.

I got a lot of understanding out of reading their renderings; what I don't like is the omission of entire concepts in such passages as Luke 9:55-56, Romans 8:1, and Mark 16.

Reactions: LC627

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prayer is a must. I've also found myself looking back at the KJV if the translation I'm using seems a little loose. Having several translations does help because there are something's that just go right over my head reading it in KJV lol
"if the translation I'm using seems a little loose." <----Yes, me too! Lol. And, yes it is easier to memorize scripture, scripture verses that come into my thoughts are always in the KJV version.

Reactions: LC627

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think most older people all began with the KJV.

Once verses are learned they seem to have a life of their own (anointing)...which stays with us for ever...
It is a waste of my time reading other versions... 1) I don't like them or feel comfortable with them. 2) My brain just reads the version that I have in front of me, and flips it straight over in my mind to the KJV.

So, mostly I don't even bother with anything else now. I have many for reference, but don't use them for reading.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once verses are learned they seem to have a life of their own (anointing)...which stays with us for ever...
It is a waste of my time reading other versions... 1) I don't like them or feel comfortable with them. 2) My brain just reads the version that I have in front of me, and flips it straight over in my mind to the KJV.

So, mostly I don't even bother with anything else now. I have many for reference, but don't use then for reading.
It can be somewhat confusing at times, in a small group bible study when it comes time for this or that person to read a verse. Seems everybody has a different version, lol.

Reactions: Helen and LC627

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It can be somewhat confusing at times, in a small group bible study when it comes time for this or that person to read a verse. Seems everybody has a different version, lol.

haha yes! Someone has the KJV, another The Message, and so on:rolleyes:

Reactions: Nancy