What's the weather like where you are?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Wales and the West often get it bad...so do the Pennines...right?
Yes if the snow moves north the Pennines get hit and we are right on the edge of the Pennine range so higher lying parts of our town often get it before we do.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes if the snow moves north the Pennines get hit and we are right on the edge of the Pennine range so higher lying parts of our town often get it before we do.
Rain in the Manchester area has quite a reputation, doesn't it? and this of course includes snow from the Pennines...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Amadeus,
You can probably tell me a lot about Oklahoma weather. I'm familiar with Dallas weather though its been a couple of decades. How long are the periods where it stays below freezing without a break along I-40 latitude? How many of those periods? There are those days when it barely thaws only to refreeze. Not sure how to categorize those? I've dealt with treacherous black ice in my DFW days. Having to deal with hard freezes again is something I am going to have to adapt to after a couple of decades in Houston.
Thanks
Normally Oklahoma is more up and down than Nebraska and Kansas to the north, or Texas to the south. It's usually hotter in Texas and cooler in those two states to the north. Every winter we get a little snow from a light dusting to a few inches, but it is usually rare for it to stay on the ground more than a couple days. It is rare for us to get a foot of snow at a time, but it has happened. In a typical winter we always get our warm ups where snow cannot last because it won't stay that cold long. In the bad storms during the winter they often draw lines for us showing where it is cold rain, freezing rain [good black ice component], sleet, and snow. Places north and south of Oklahoma get the same kind of weather but because our location we are more likely to get severe weather including large damaging hail and tornados than those to the north or to the south. I'm no weather forecaster so take it with a grain of salt. I simply listen to the weather each evening and watch what happens.

What you get in Dallas in the way of very cold and icy you are more likely to get in Oklahoma. What you get in Nebraska and Kansas in the way of very cold and icy you are less likely to get in Oklahoma. It is this in betweenness that makes us more susceptible to the dangerous mixes of wet and frozen, and coming together of warm and cold air... and of course, the often resulting tornados.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Zero again...we are very happy bunnies... Yay!!

Blueberry

Nov 2, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Normally Oklahoma is more up and down than Nebraska and Kansas to the north, or Texas to the south. It's usually hotter in Texas and cooler in those two states to the north. Every winter we get a little snow from a light dusting to a few inches, but it is usually rare for it to stay on the ground more than a couple days. It is rare for us to get a foot of snow at a time, but it has happened. In a typical winter we always get our warm ups where snow cannot last because it won't stay that cold long. In the bad storms during the winter they often draw lines for us showing where it is cold rain, freezing rain [good black ice component], sleet, and snow. Places north and south of Oklahoma get the same kind of weather but because our location we are more likely to get severe weather including large damaging hail and tornados than those to the north or to the south. I'm no weather forecaster so take it with a grain of salt. I simply listen to the weather each evening and watch what happens.

What you get in Dallas in the way of very cold and icy you are more likely to get in Oklahoma. What you get in Nebraska and Kansas in the way of very cold and icy you are less likely to get in Oklahoma. It is this in betweenness that makes us more susceptible to the dangerous mixes of wet and frozen, and coming together of warm and cold air... and of course, the often resulting tornados.

Thank you this is very helpful. I've seen a few ice storms take the tops of trees off up there. I was there some during the fires. But I've only stayed a few days at a time so I wondered about big patterns.

Reactions: amadeus

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is cold here also, winter came early.......... snow and cold............

at this time of year it could be a dusting............ but the other day we got a foot of snow........
things sure are changing....!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:confused::eek:

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We had snow the other day,,,, and the cold is keeping it here.. most of the time it melts a little at least
but not this time..... I guess this is going to be a harsh winter for us !

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's not been too bad here today' we've had some wintery sunshine and got home dry between the showers.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you this is very helpful. I've seen a few ice storms take the tops of trees off up there. I was there some during the fires. But I've only stayed a few days at a time so I wondered about big patterns.
I remember a number of years ago when we lived in the country having a particularly severe ice storm. We were fortunate in that my wife and I had just a few weeks earlier trimmed all of our own trees so the damage to our trees from the storm was minimal as compared to our neighbors. The heavy ice can break down even young, strong trees.

It was however beautiful to see with all of the trees and bushes looking like a really sparkling winter wonderland. Somewhere on this computer I guess I have some of those pictures. When and if I find them I will show some of them here. You take care and God bless...

Reactions: Blueberry and Helen

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's quite pleasant today; no wind, with light cloud and short spells of hazy sunshine. And it's about 9C.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our snow is still here ! And the cold ! But we know that winter is some thing to know we expect every year,,
but this year its early I think ?

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have 29* right now..... going down of course !

Yes it did look nice out! But looking at the snow ,,,, at my age,,,,, danger...... so ,,,, no thanks.
I'll stay in the house and just look out.. I do ,, go out some time in the snow. ,, when I am feeling good.
But at this age, its yes and no at times and maybe ? I still want to go home ! But I guess I need to do
some thing ? God must want this ? My friend from child hood is or may ? not be saved ? I thought she
was but my son said it does not sound like it. And I only write letters to her so, I guess I will keep on trying.

Reactions: Helen and Pearl