What's the weather like where you are?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

I guess indoor exercises are inevitable at some times of the year in some climates...
I thank God for this great benefit of having my own gym and the will to use it. I like getting out on a bike in summer but this indoor workout helps keep spirits high.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I thank God for this great benefit of having my own gym and the will to use it. I like getting out on a bike in summer but this indoor workout helps keep spirits high.
We too have a basement with an exercise bike...my fault is that I should use it more... :)

D

Dave L

We too have a basement with an exercise bike...my fault is that I should use it more... :)
I found that if it's right there in plain sight, you'll be more apt to use it. My living room is a full blown gym. And my treadmill is within reach as I type this.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
...but I guess that all you guys around Florida,the Gulf of Mexico, etc., don't even know what we are talking about here, as we freeze...:)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I found that if it's right there in plain sight, you'll be more apt to use it. My living room is a full blown gym. And my treadmill is within reach as I type this.
Practicality in plain sight: yes indeed.

Eyesore in front of house guests: yes also... :confused:

D

Dave L

Practicality in plain sight: yes indeed.

Eyesore in front of house guests: yes also... :confused:
People are more accustomed to alternate furniture schemes. And they usually spend a little time experimenting with the machines. We have other space where we use furniture sparingly and socialize.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
People are more accustomed to alternate furniture schemes. And they usually spend a little time experimenting with the machines. We have other space where we use furniture sparingly and socialize.
Well, the anthropologist (not really...!) in me kind of makes me wonder whether the spacial radiation of an exercise bike in our living room would give guests a signal to a dynamism that we really don't honestly have... :)

Reactions: Dave L

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, further north in the Province is indeed Polar Bear Provincial Park....
Hi Farouk, thanks. I google the park, only a few words, better you than me... :).

I see it's only accessible by air. saw some pictures, wide open.

be blessed and stay warm up there.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi Farouk, thanks. I google the park, only a few words, better you than me... :).

I see it's only accessible by air. saw some pictures, wide open.

be blessed and stay warm up there.
YW.

Churchill, Manitoba (Manisnowba?) is also a centre for polar bears... :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Today we had snow...but thankfully it is still only zero.

No way could I handle your weather @brakelite Give me zero here any day. I 'like' 24C I think that is around 73 / 4 F I forget. More than that and I get uncomfortable.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

No way could I handle your weather @brakelite Give me zero here any day. I 'like' 24C I think that is around 73 / 4 F I forget. More than that and I get uncomfortable.
I might agree with you...during the Canadian summer, not during the Canadian winter...

Reactions: Helen
B

brakelite

Yep, I get that. When I left NZ I had never experienced anything over 35...last summer it hit 42 (107) here and I went out and mowed the lawns. Love the heat! But I guess we all get acclimatised somewhat...but I couldn't wait to get here and escape the winter frosts and ice chill in the wind.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yep, I get that. When I left NZ I had never experienced anything over 35...last summer it hit 42 (107) here and I went out and mowed the lawns. Love the heat! But I guess we all get acclimatised somewhat...but I couldn't wait to get here and escape the winter frosts and ice chill in the wind.
Next, try the Torres Straits, QLD, Sir... :)