What's the weather like where you are?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Depends what their cardiac situation is... :)

I have a 'cardiac situation'...if I lose the power in my legs I will be in trouble. I don't 'run up and down stairs', but I do make sure I go up and down stairs to keep my legs strong. They say weak, unsteady legs are the grantee that we will end up in a wheelchair in a nursing home when we are older.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have a 'cardiac situation'...if I lose the power in my legs I will be in trouble. I don't 'run up and down stairs', but I do make sure I go up and down stairs to keep my legs strong. They say weak, unsteady legs are the grantee that we will end up in a wheelchair in a nursing home when we are older.
Sorry about this....I hope you can keep active and mobile.

Re. cardiac situation: Me, too; I have nitro spray to help chest pain and although occasionally I can't make it up the stairs and have to sleep on the sofa, usually I can manage the stairs, by God's grace. (Bypass surgery been on my resume...)

Reactions: Helen

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha! Well done Dave.
I too get up and do a lap around the living room and kitchen open-plan, every now and again...to keep the blood moving. :)

I wear a FitBit ...so I track my steps every day..and have lots of competitions with friends on the FitBit to inspire us to keep moving.
One of my kids uses a FitBit. It tracks your steps doesn't it - to see how many miles you walk?

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry about this....I hope you can keep active and mobile.

Re. cardiac situation: Me, too; I have nitro spray to help chest pain and although occasionally I can't make it up the stairs and have to sleep on the sofa, usually I can manage the stairs, by God's grace. (Bypass surgery been on my resume...)
I read that complete Vitamin E with alpha, beta, delta complex with tocotrionols are good for the heart so I have my husband and I on it. Does everybody here take low-dose aspirin?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I read that complete Vitamin E with alpha, beta, delta complex with tocotrionols are good for the heart so I have my husband and I on it. Does everybody here take low-dose aspirin?

I’m on Warfrine . :( ( and other things)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
From weathe rbeureau

So far regional areas have copped the worst of the temperatures, with the heat so intense that the Oxley Highway near Tom's Creek started melting, until a water tanker came in to cool down the road.

Noona, near Wilcannia, broke the record for Australia's highest overnight temperature last night, reaching a "minimum" of 35.9C.

Tibooburra Airport, in the far north west of NSW, hit 46.9C at 2:40pm.

its 8pm and still 30C outside 33c inside no aircon

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It’s been cooler...about ten dregs below ...but that is still great for January.
We’ve had a snow dump...but that’s it for us here.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ the Polar Bear club.

mild here, 60' and 70's but did drop down to 31, didn't notice it.

hope sun is shining up there.

stay warm.

D

Dave L

So how are others in parts of North America coping with this somewhat severe winter?
Still working out with weights every other day. And walking about 1.5 hrs a day (treadmill). Keeps the endorphins flowing and makes time fly. Watching comedy helps too.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Still working out with weights every other day. And walking about 1.5 hrs a day (treadmill). Keeps the endorphins flowing and makes time fly. Watching comedy helps too.
I guess indoor exercises are inevitable at some times of the year in some climates...