What's the weather like where you are?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Pass...the tropics up there with the crocs, the mozzies, and cyclones etc, do not appeal.

But you get nasty snakes and spiders don't you?
Give me a coyote over a snake any day!! :)

B

brakelite

But you get nasty snakes and spiders don't you?
Give me a coyote over a snake any day!! :)
The spiders are easily disposed of. The big ones eat the poisonous ones, the poisonous ones are coloured.
Been here two years, yet to see a snake. But yes, I'm reliably informed that of all the poisonous or venomous snakes in the world, most of them can be found here. And believe it or not, they are a protected species!!! It is illegal to kill a snake!!!!!!!
But we do have some cute things here like koalas and wombats and wallabies.

Reactions: Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The spiders are easily disposed of. The big ones eat the poisonous ones, the poisonous ones are coloured.
Been here two years, yet to see a snake. But yes, I'm reliably informed that of all the poisonous or venomous snakes in the world, most of them can be found here. And believe it or not, they are a protected species!!! It is illegal to kill a snake!!!!!!!
But we do have some cute things here like koalas and wombats and wallabies.
...so what are you supposed to do when a snake attacks... ? o_O

B

brakelite

...so what are you supposed to do when a snake attacks... ? o_O
The law says relocate the animal safely. So I have been advised that relocating the head of the snake from the rest of the body is the best response, if it can be fine safely. Authorities however will tell you call a snake catcher, bind the wound, identify the snake and get to a hospital.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The law says relocate the animal safely. So I have been advised that relocating the head of the snake from the rest of the body is the best response, if it can be fine safely. Authorities however will tell you call a snake catcher, bind the wound, identify the snake and get to a hospital.
You mean, let the snake hurt you rather than hurt the snake? o_O

B

brakelite

Generally stay out of their way and they won't bother you. So they say.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
16°4°Night - Partly cloudy. Winds variable at 2 to 8 mph (3.2 to 12.9 kph). The overnight low will be 3 °F (-16.1 °C).Breezy with a high of 21 °F (-6.1 °C) and a 65% chance of precipitation. Winds variable at 6 to 17 mph (9.7 to 27.4 kph).
Monday
snow_day_night@2x.png
rain_ico_60@2x.png
65%34°5°Snow today with a high of 34 °F (1.1 °C) and a low of 5 °F (-15.0 °C). There is a 65% chance of precipitation.
Tuesday
mostly_cloudy_day_night@2x.png
rain_ico_30@2x.png
30%29°3°Mostly cloudy today with a high of 29 °F (-1.7 °C) and a low of 3 °F (-16.1 °C). There is a 30% chance of precipitation.
Wednesday
rain_ico_0@2x.png
0%3°-6°Mostly cloudy today with a high of 3 °F (-16.1 °C) and a low of -6 °F (-21.1 °C).
Thursday
partly_cloudy_day@2x.png
rain_ico_0@2x.png
0%6°-7°Partly cloudy today with a high of 6 °F (-14.4 °C) and a low of -7 °F (-21.7 °C).
Friday
partly_cloudy_day@2x.png
rain_ico_0@2x.png
0%14°-4°Partly cloudy today with a high of 14 °F (-10.0 °C) and a low of -4 °F (-20.0 °C).
Saturday
rain_ico_0@2x.png
5%26°2°

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law says relocate the animal safely.

...So I have been advised that relocating the head of the snake from the rest of the body is the best response....

LOL

Sometimes situations call for laws to be overlooked..

Taken

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We also had snow..and it’s now down to 5 below C , so not too bad.
I stay happy as long as the sky is blue and sun shines ,..... the heavy grey skies are so miserable. ( a good spiritual ‘type’ there :))

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
We also had snow..and it’s now down to 5 below C , so not too bad.
I stay happy as long as the sky is blue and sun shines ,..... the heavy grey skies are so miserable. ( a good spiritual ‘type’ there :))
Here's it about minus 20C windchill, maybe ever colder... o_O