What's the weather like where you are?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
What sun??? Where we're at it hides. God made a mistake making me be born in the north - I'm a warm-blooded southerner by heart. My grandparents came over on the boat from Ireland and from what I understand the weather is pretty drab and cool there too.
Big difference, then, from Ireland...

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What sun??? Where we're at it hides. God made a mistake making me be born in the north - I'm a warm-blooded southerner by heart. My grandparents came over on the boat from Ireland and from what I understand the weather is pretty drab and cool there too.

Have you not seen Ireland then?
I've been a couple of times...lovely. We have friends there.
The saying goes in Ireland, " I wonder when it will rain today?"
It always rains every day for a while. Sometimes it's the soft 'drizzle' not real rain. Rain to me is big drops. Often there it is more like Scotch mist. There is a reason it is called 'The Emerald Isle' wonderfully green.

It is well worth the visit, very beautiful..and nice people. And the sea is always in driving distance, if not walking distance :)

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you not seen Ireland then?
I've been a couple of times...lovely. We have friends there.
The saying goes in Ireland, " I wonder when it will rain today?"
It always rains every day for a while. Sometimes it's the soft 'drizzle' not real rain. Rain to me is big drops. Often there it is more like Scotch mist. There is a reason it is called 'The Emerald Isle' wonderfully green.

It is well worth the visit, very beautiful..and nice people. And the sea is always in driving distance, if not walking distance :)
I've never been there - the only thing I know about it is what I've seen on TV and pictures. It's supposed to be beautiful - our neighbor's mother went there and she saw wild horses wherever she stayed. My father visited there and he loved it. Everyone says it's beautiful.

Reactions: Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It's cold here in Ohio. But I have a home gym where we work out 6 days a week. I have a treadmill behind my computer so I don't sit too much gabbing to you guys.
Sounds like you've got it well worked out! and yes, the winds from off Lake Erie near you guys can be rather chilling... We are on the other side of the Great Lakes, in the moose and maple leaf country...

Reactions: Helen and Dave L

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While it can be quite sunny in the south-west around Skibbereen...yes, Ireland can be damp...
So you've seen the Emerald Isle too? I'd like to visit New Zealand to find out why all the techs in Silicon Valley are buying land there.

Reactions: farouk

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like you've got it well worked out! and yes, the winds from off Lake Erie near you guys can be rather chilling... We are on the other side of the Great Lakes, in the moose and maple leaf country...
You type on the computer while walking? Even on its lowest speed I couldn't do that on my treadmill. Do you have a schedule worked out? I've been hit or miss on mine. I'd rather live in a sunny area and walk outdoors.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's cold here in Ohio. But I have a home gym where we work out 6 days a week. I have a treadmill behind my computer so I don't sit too much gabbing to you guys.

Haha! Well done Dave.
I too get up and do a lap around the living room and kitchen open-plan, every now and again...to keep the blood moving. :)

I wear a FitBit ...so I track my steps every day..and have lots of competitions with friends on the FitBit to inspire us to keep moving.

Reactions: Dave L
D

Dave L

Haha! Well done Dave.
I too get up and do a lap around the living room and kitchen open-plan, every now and again...to keep the blood moving. :)

I wear a FitBit ...so I track my steps every day..and have lots of competitions with friends on the FitBit to inspire us to keep moving.
That looks like a great app. Never heard of it before. Thanks for mentioning it. BTW, I was in a Doctor's home that he designed and had custom built for his and his wife's retirement. All rooms were on a different level! You had to either go up or down stairs to get anywhere throughout the house....

Last edited by a moderator:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BG and the rest of the polar bear club up north,
upload_2019-1-15_8-10-51.png
well we're going to be back in the 60's the rest of the week topping off at 69 degrees sat. that's around 20 or 21 degrees Celsius, did I get that right, or at least close.
upload_2019-1-15_8-13-47.png
stay warm......... chills.... chills,,,,,, :p

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Dull, overcast, and looks like it cold snow tonight. But it's only zero..yet feels colder.
Maybe out nice 3 1/2 months of spring-like weather is now over...oh well, it's been a good run.

Reactions: 101G

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That looks like a great app. Never heard of it before. Thanks for mentioning it. BTW, I was in a Doctor's home that he designed and had custom built for his and his wife's retirement. All rooms were on a different level! You had to either go up or down stairs to get anywhere throughout the house....

I did read some time ago , that the worst thing older people can do is to buy a bungalow when they age...we 'need' the stairs for out leg strength and health.

Reactions: Dave L