What's the weather like where you are?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Felt it good alright. There were actually 4 quakes, ranging from 4.1 to 5.9, and 15klms deep to 2klms deep, about 30ks south of Mt Buller. Just felt like 1 quake here. Lasted at least 15 secs.
Got used to them where I grew up in NZ. We would experience one every week, some weak, some strong, but I never had to live through one that actually did any damage around me. Felt some though that did great damage elsewhere, where the center was several hundred ks away.
As kids we got quite complacent. Ho hum, there's another shake, big deal. At school we did exercises every week and practiced crouching under our desks at an alarm. Despite many quakes, we never got the alarm.
This mornings shake came as a shock, having not felt one since coming here. It wasn't a ho hum thing this morning. Got me out of bed.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Felt it good alright. There were actually 4 quakes, ranging from 4.1 to 5.9, and 15klms deep to 2klms deep, about 30ks south of Mt Buller. Just felt like 1 quake here. Lasted at least 15 secs.
Got used to them where I grew up in NZ. We would experience one every week, some weak, some strong, but I never had to live through one that actually did any damage around me. Felt some though that did great damage elsewhere, where the center was several hundred ks away.
As kids we got quite complacent. Ho hum, there's another shake, big deal. At school we did exercises every week and practiced crouching under our desks at an alarm. Despite many quakes, we never got the alarm.
This mornings shake came as a shock, having not felt one since coming here. It wasn't a ho hum thing this morning. Got me out of bed.

A bit of nostalgia for u then reminding you of NZ...

There was a quake around Mornington peninsula about 12 years ago. A few friends were at my place and some of us felt it in the outter north western burbs

Its unusual but cos there are no fault lines in Australia

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Which makes me inquire about it being the result of volcanic activity?... And yeah, NZ is a fault line. Lol.

I don’t think that science can accout for these kind of earthquakes that happen far from fault lines. I don't think there are any active volcano's in Australia

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Backlit Mt Gambier is the most recently erupted volcano in Australia, believed to have last erupted 5000 years ago, the experts reckon it's unlikely to erupt anytime soon again and reckon it's a once in 10,000 year event.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Cristo Rei any snowy views today in Tassie? It's almost forecasted to hit sea level in Southern Tassie, and the last time I checked, 200m asl tomorrow morning in North West Tassie. It does not take much for it to fall lower though, 1c-1.5c colder could be the difference of sea level snow and snow down to 200m asl.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Cristo Rei any snowy views today in Tassie? It's almost forecasted to hit sea level in Southern Tassie, and the last time I checked, 200m asl tomorrow morning in North West Tassie. It does not take much for it to fall lower though, 1c-1.5c colder could be the difference of sea level snow and snow down to 200m asl.

The locals have told me that it has snowed at the beach here before... Now that would be an awesome sight
There will definitely be snow somewhere between here and Strahan
A few weeks ago there was snow reported in Yolla which is only about 20 mins away

Our weather systems go on to hit our friends in New Zealand

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The locals have told me that it has snowed at the beach here before... Now that would be an awesome sight
There will definitely be snow somewhere between here and Strahan
A few weeks ago there was snow reported in Yolla which is only about 20 mins away

Our weather systems go on to hit our friends in New Zealand
Yep. Became quite the expert at reading weather maps in order to forecast future swell directions and size. Discovered Cristo that there are numerous earthquake faults in and around Mt Buller. So...

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We finally got some more rain. It's needed for the wild fires. And I'm cozy in my place safe and dry. Just going to watch movies and snuggle in.

Reactions: Ziggy