When Christians do Satan's Work

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see.

I was wondering if it was the part about proving the true to be true. Which would suggest that there are true, and there are false. Which I believe to be true. Not the false. About the true and false. It's true.

OK, seriously, yes, I believe that we are born children of God, and nothing makes us "unborn".

Much love!
mark
Dude: I'm not on here to "prove" anyone wrong or right. Frankly that action on forums to be extremely egotistical and counter-productive.
I'm just trying to have a nice friendly time, and understand other people's persepectives. I do appreciate you answering my question.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dude: I'm not on here to "prove" anyone wrong or right. Frankly that action on forums to be extremely egotistical and counter-productive.
I'm just trying to have a nice friendly time, and understand other people's persepectives. I do appreciate you answering my question.

I'm sorry, that's not what I meant. You are keeping a very friendly tone, and I truly appreciate that!

:)

But what I was referring to what that trials prove that we have a true faith, when we "pass the test".

1 Peter 1:6
In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Much love!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry, that's not what I meant. You are keeping a very friendly tone, and I truly appreciate that!

:)

But what I was referring to what that trials prove that we have a true faith, when we "pass the test".

1 Peter 1:6
In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Much love!
*thumbs up for friendliness*

It is a fact there are a LOT of people on-line (including here) who just want to "prove" something, I get your reaction there, and don't blame you for it at all :) .

(the below is not the best words here, but I cannot find better. So I apologize for sub-optimal wording)
I'm an interfaith nerd/studier, and I find that OSAS is one of those beliefs that greatly then goes ad has a big ripple/foundational effect on many other beliefs the person has. The beliefs you were/are expressing here show that causality like neon sign.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm an interfaith nerd/studier, and I find that OSAS is one of those beliefs that greatly then goes ad has a big ripple/foundational effect on many other beliefs the person has. The beliefs you were/are expressing here show that causality like neon sign.

I think that's very expressive! I was wondering if it was that - the gestalt - or if there were something in particular you were looking at.

I think the same thing as you, that key doctrines don't exist in a vacuum, and have a huge impact on how we understand and live our lives.

Much love!
mark

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The beliefs you were/are expressing here show that causality like neon sign.

I would like to comment on one wee point here . . . I would assert that my OSAS views don't actually have a causal effect, rather, they are themselves caused by my study of the Bible.

Much love!
mark

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like to comment on one wee point here . . . I would assert that my OSAS views don't actually have a causal effect, rather, they are themselves caused by my study of the Bible.

Much love!
mark
We each look at the Bible through different lens :)

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My husband and I have watched Christians do Satan's work in every church we've been in and at times we've seen each other do it. This isn't a pleasant topic but one that affects all of us at one point or another in our Christian walk.

Some of the best vessels for Satan to do his work, in my opinion, are Christians. What better way to lead others astray than to operate in one generally above reproach? We were in a church one time where the leadership claimed that "God" had put them in their positions and therefore their word was to be obeyed (sacrosanct). But they used their positions to hurt others and puff themselves up. They hurt people, including my family. Members of my family still won't go to an independent bible church today because of them. And the worst part about it is that they just didn't care. We left the church and within a short time the pastor was pushed out.

I think that Christians need to be aware that we are all targets for destruction by the enemy. Not only individually but as a group. I think that Satan wants to destroy unity among believers because we're weaker. We know that Satan attacks us but what I never hear talked about is that Satan sometimes uses other believers.

The Bible says a perverse man sows strife (Prov. 16:28); and that death and life are in the power of the tongue (Prov. 18:21); and despite the fact that God warns us not to circulate a false report (Ex. 23:1) we can’t resist the temptation to gossip—especially when slander is involved on here and in church.

Slander is not pretty. It means "to defame someone; to harm their reputation; to disgrace; or to accuse." Slander is a tool of the accuser of the brethren (Rev. 12:10). Consider this: the word slanderer in 1 Timothy 3:11 is the same word for “devil.” When we slander someone, we are acting like devils. We are mirroring the character of Satan. We can’t claim to be Christians and mirror the character of Satan at the same time.

I think this is something we should be on guard against; we're supposed to be on one side or the other. We have an enemy and a world that is very anti-Christian and seems to be growing more so as we draw nearer to the end. For those who claim to be Christians sometimes we seem to look more like the world.
1“These things I have spoken to you, that you should not be made to stumble. 2 They will put you out of the synagogues; yes, the time is coming that whoever kills you will think that he offers God service. 3 And these things they will do to you because they have not known the Father nor Me. 4 But these things I have told you, that when the time comes, you may remember that I told you of them." John 16:1-4

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if we don't?

Can we not?

Much love!
The Bible is always looked at through several lens. This is not inherently a bad thing-- after all we want to include some lens like historical/cultural context, the Spirit, etc. Those lens should never go away.

There's other lens like theological and historical interpretation, personal history, etc. And frankly, I don't see people abandoning those. At best a person can be conscious of them.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is always looked at through several lens. This is not inherently a bad thing-- after all we want to include some lens like historical/cultural context, the Spirit, etc. Those lens should never go away.
I'd say to use the lens of how the writer used the language, but after that, I'm thinking lay everything else aside.
I just know, someone is going to say something to make me regret those words!

I don't think of the Holy Spirit as a "lens", more that He's the Author Who can explain what He meant.
There's other lens like theological and historical interpretation, personal history, etc. And frankly, I don't see people abandoning those. At best a person can be conscious of them.

This is the part that concerns me more. Our own lenses. Our own theologies that we are married to, that we will always interpret Scripture according to.

An example for me, not to sidetrack the thread, would be the pre-trib rapture view that the 7 seals are absolutely no question about it part of the 'Tribulation'. I hear this all the time from those who think that way, but I fail to see the support in Scripture.

I used to think that way, but only because I was taught that way. Teaching - there's another lens!

Now I don't think that way any longer, since I don't see the support in the text. Now. Can we willing abandon cherished notions that we come to see have no support in Scripture?

If so, we show we are subject to the Bible, willing to accept whatever we believe it to be saying, EVEN IF it means showing myself a fool for having thought something so ridiculous, but now am willing to change.

Can we not realize the words in Ephesians 4 and reach a unity of faith and knowledge of Christ?

Much love!
Mark

Reactions: Waiting on him

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Different lenses as long as they are biblically and historically correct.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the part that concerns me more. Our own lenses. Our own theologies that we are married to, that we will always interpret Scripture according to.

An example for me, not to sidetrack the thread, would be the pre-trib rapture view that the 7 seals are absolutely no question about it part of the 'Tribulation'. I hear this all the time from those who think that way, but I fail to see the support in Scripture.

I used to think that way, but only because I was taught that way. Teaching - there's another lens!

Now I don't think that way any longer, since I don't see the support in the text. Now. Can we willing abandon cherished notions that we come to see have no support in Scripture?

If so, we show we are subject to the Bible, willing to accept whatever we believe it to be saying, EVEN IF it means showing myself a fool for having thought something so ridiculous, but now am willing to change.

Can we not realize the words in Ephesians 4 and reach a unity of faith and knowledge of Christ?

Much love!
Mark
Well said!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
Mark
Scary thought so many standing on what they’ve been taught by men! Foolish pride refusing to say I was wrong. Been there.