When do you "expect" Jesus to return?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I'm not saying that bible is not useful for people to build up their faith and have their mind renewed by and through the spirit.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus will not return in the flesh Scott, and the first resurrection we believe has already occurred. Jesus was the first of course, and was resurrected nearly 2 millenniums ago, but we believe the first resurrection Rev 20:6 happened after his enthronement, or the beginning of his presence that we have been discussing.
That is not biblical.

What is biblical, it that Christ told us "Take, eat, this my body", and that we are now His body; and to those He comes to a second time into who are indeed in the flesh--He has come again in the flesh...just as I said--just as it is written.

As for the resurrection, there is but one with God, but two with men (this too is biblical). And by not "rightly dividing" the perspective from this world from the perspective of God, you are confusing the times. The two resurrections that are one with God both occurred at the same time when Christ rose from the dead. But in the world they are counted separately because, while Christ only died once "in His own order", Israel died before that act of salvation, and many died after. Thus, they both were each raised "but each in his own order", which is also true of each person in there own time from the beginning to the end. The Rev 20:6 difference, is that those who receive salvation (spiritual rebirth) while still in the flesh (as Paul put it "we who are alive and remain" in the world) are blessed to reign with Christ in the flesh and not see death.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, you're not the first one going against the Scriptures with that "shortly" you try to make into some secret key of explaining every Scripture that is about Lord Jesus' future return, and treating it as if it means in the Apostle's day. Doing that is just a show of Biblical ignorance.

John 6:39-40
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent Me, that of all which He hath given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of Him That sent Me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on Him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
KJV

I can do that "shortly" turning adverbial word into dedicated time just like you did! But my example is more accurate, because it includes the time of the future resurrection with the "last day"!

The verse you quoted only mentions "things" that are to shortly come to pass, which isn't even telling us WHAT those "things" are? It is so sad that some preachers in today's pulpits make such errors as that with HIDING God's Truth, and would even attempt to rely on adverbs like that "shortly", while disregarding all the Scripture that it is POINTING TO throughout Christ's Book of Revelation! And lo and behold, all one need do is actually READ CHRIST'S BOOK OF REVELATION to KNOW... the majority of it has still yet to happen today, and is for the very end of this world!
You misunderstand.

Jesus clarified what was included in what would "shortly take place" saying, "all these things."

But that is not your greatest error. What you have not understood, is that "the end" that you quoted--has a name...and it is He who marks the time of the end. Therefore, for not hearing what the spirit says like so many others, you have become the object of the parable warning about the evil servant who claims, "My master is delaying his coming."

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus identified the generation as "this generation", meaning His generation,
Well, in Matthew 24, the disciples asked Jim a loaded, three part question. His answer addressed the desteuctiin of Jerusalem and the Temple, but alsobHis Seconf Coming and the end of the age. Sobwasn79 AD the end of the age? No, Christianity just got started. In vs. 14 Jesus tells specifically when He will return, when the gospel has been finally preached to every nation - then the end will come. That has only recently been accomplished
He also began to come [into] the flesh of those to whom He gave His body, fulfilling the claim that "Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God."
That sounds creepy. Jesus is in me and I in Him - spiritually, not in my flesh where sin dwells.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, in Matthew 24, the disciples asked Jim a loaded, three part question. His answer addressed the desteuctiin of Jerusalem and the Temple, but alsobHis Seconf Coming and the end of the age. Sobwasn79 AD the end of the age? No, Christianity just got started. In vs. 14 Jesus tells specifically when He will return, the thengispel has been f8nally preached to every nation - thennthe end will come. That has only recently been accomplished
When was "the end of the age" for the thief on the cross?

When was or is "the end of the age" for "each one in his own order?" 1 Corinthians 15:23

What has not been fully understood (but is written), is that Jesus is "the End" of all ages...and time is properly defined as an illusion.
That sounds creepy. Jesus is in me and I in Him - spiritually, not in my flesh where sin dwells.
You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.​

"Creepy?"

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone in a way are going to experience being revealed to who Christ is, @ScottA. As He is the Lord God Almighty, the one who judges us at our death. Perhaps for most that will be their second coming experience in a certain way. I just do not believe that there would ever be a destruction accounted for in what took place in 70AD, and the ability to discredit that it was for a specific group of people is untenable. They had to witness Jesus Christ come, in physical form as it was promised he would come back the same way he had left, and I believe because of this being an only one time event the so wide spread of "Jesus is coming back in todays time - to bring down destruction just like it was in the past" is just simply a lie.

Though many people still glom on to the idea that Jesus Christ is coming back, in which destruction would follow suit for America. Many wild ideas, and beliefs from people over the centuries but it's good to know that the event was once in a life time never to be replicated or happen again similar to the great flood of God when he killed humanity the first time. Only the Second time was for the nation of Israel God had chosen to bring forth the messiah from who would fulfill the law given to the nation in that day in age. In which the nation of Israel killed the Son of God, and thus destruction was coming by his wrath being poured out on them.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe the idea that Jesus turned into the Holy Spirit. That doesn't make sense to me. There is the Spirit of Christ though that dwells with-in believers, and you have the Holy Spirit of God; which is given by the Father through the Lord Jesus Christ when one believes on whom God had sent, in faith of his death, burial, and resurrection.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When was "the end of the age" for the thief on the cross?

When was or is "the end of the age" for "each one in his own order?" 1 Corinthians 15:23

What has not been fully understood (but is written), is that Jesus is "the End" of all ages...and time is properly defined as an illusion.

You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.​

"Creepy?"
The end of the age is coming and you will see it as you enter into the Millennial Kingdom, a new age. Nothing else more to say.
God Bless

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.​

When most "expect"--is wrong. Since Jesus put it in those terms--do you believe Him? Do those terms disqualify what you believe about when He returns?

During these times of when we are also supposed to be lead "unto all truth" by the Holy Spirit, just how are we to rationalize (or reconcile) both of these biblical facts as both being true, and what are we to do with the idea that what we "expect" is most likely wrong?

I suggest asking "When did what I believe about Jesus' return begin to be believed and taught among the Church?" Did it begin during the time when Peter warned about "false teachers" coming into the church, which he identified the time as the times of those he was speaking to, saying "among you?" Or did it begin during the time of when Paul warned of those who "believe a lie" leading to "strong delusion?" Did it begin anywhere in between--and therefore, there is no such time in all of church history that what "you expect" is to be considered reliable?

If so...who is it that has been leading you?

The point is, we all know what most "expect"...and that is not what we should believe.
word

why (th) isnt This showing up in “What’s new?”

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone in a way are going to experience being revealed to who Christ is, @ScottA. As He is the Lord God Almighty, the one who judges us at our death. Perhaps for most that will be their second coming experience in a certain way. I just do not believe that there would ever be a destruction accounted for in what took place in 70AD, and the ability to discredit that it was for a specific group of people is untenable. They had to witness Jesus Christ come, in physical form as it was promised he would come back the same way he had left, and I believe because of this being an only one time event the so wide spread of "Jesus is coming back in todays time - to bring down destruction just like it was in the past" is just simply a lie.

Though many people still glom on to the idea that Jesus Christ is coming back, in which destruction would follow suit for America. Many wild ideas, and beliefs from people over the centuries but it's good to know that the event was once in a life time never to be replicated or happen again similar to the great flood of God when he killed humanity the first time. Only the Second time was for the nation of Israel God had chosen to bring forth the messiah from who would fulfill the law given to the nation in that day in age. In which the nation of Israel killed the Son of God, and thus destruction was coming by his wrath being poured out on them.
You have touched on many things there, most of which is correct, with a couple exception:

1) Jesus' return was never to be in "physical form", as He said, "the world sees me no more." He did also say, however, speaking to the disciples, "but you will see me", which was not to be in "physical form", but in "like manner"...which John indicated would be "as He is"--in that form that had not yet been revealed to him at that time. If it simply were rather in "physical form", John would not have said, "it has not yet been revealed." All of which I am saying, not because it is not revealed to me, it is, but rather to appeal to your reasoning by what is written.​
Thus, when it says, Jesus returns "in like manner", it does not mean in a "form" that had already been revealed, but in a form which had not yet been revealed. Therefore, I say "like manner" is not the likeness of when He first came, or even when He began to ascend into heaven, for John had witnessed both, and it was he who said that "it has not yet been revealed."​
I submit to you therefore, that Jesus revealed what "form" and "manner" by saying first that "God is spirit" and then "I go to the Father", and also that He would send the Holy Spirit, all of whom are One, coming then into His own body which He had given to the Church, according to the prophecy of Joel which was the pouring out of God's spirit upon all flesh--which is the "like manner" of which He left.​
2) You also mentioned the flood which was not to be the means that God would again destroy the earth. Which was to be rather by fire according to Peter--that is by Holy fire, which is what is written of the spirit of God--which is confirmation of what I have just explained.​

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Jesus will return for His Bride, just before the Anti-Christ shows up.
The anti-christ will show up when the world's economy is in "collapse".
This is based on the USA economy., as...... = "as the USA economy goes, so goes the global economy".

So, the answer is...
The Devil...the son of perdition, the beast, has to have a REASON to come and take control of the Global economy.
This means it has to collapse based on the USA economy failing.
And what is the status of the USA economy?

A.) Its bankrupt. The USA is borrowing money from China to pay down their National Debt's = INTEREST.
Just the INTEREST on their National Debt.......not the actual debt itself.

The USA is "overdrawn" in the bank, and will never be able to survive it.
This means that the Global economy is going to collapse, and THAT brings in the Anti-Christ.

Reader, did you read my Thread i wrote you over a year ago?

"In comes the Devil"

The RAPTURE< happens just before He comes...
So just do the MATH and you will SEE that the Church, the Body, the BRIDE.... is so very close to leaving this planet..
Could be today.....is how close.
Be ready.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not biblical.

What is biblical, it that Christ told us "Take, eat, this my body", and that we are now His body; and to those He comes to a second time into who are indeed in the flesh--He has come again in the flesh...just as I said--just as it is written.

As for the resurrection, there is but one with God, but two with men (this too is biblical). And by not "rightly dividing" the perspective from this world from the perspective of God, you are confusing the times. The two resurrections that are one with God both occurred at the same time when Christ rose from the dead. But in the world they are counted separately because, while Christ only died once "in His own order", Israel died before that act of salvation, and many died after. Thus, they both were each raised "but each in his own order", which is also true of each person in there own time from the beginning to the end. The Rev 20:6 difference, is that those who receive salvation (spiritual rebirth) while still in the flesh (as Paul put it "we who are alive and remain" in the world) are blessed to reign with Christ in the flesh and not see death.
We disagree Scott.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You misunderstand.

Jesus clarified what was included in what would "shortly take place" saying, "all these things."

But that is not your greatest error. What you have not understood, is that "the end" that you quoted--has a name...and it is He who marks the time of the end. Therefore, for not hearing what the spirit says like so many others, you have become the object of the parable warning about the evil servant who claims, "My master is delaying his coming."
I didn't misunderstand you. You're trying to use that adverb "shortly" to prove Christ's Revelation was past history. And it does not say, "all these things", so now you are actually ADDING to the Rev.1:1 verse by putting that in quotes!

And your last statement is so bizarrely out of context with Matthew 24:48 and Luke 12:45 that you have proven you have NO CLUE as to what God's written Word actually says.

For those interested, what Jesus said here about those think He delays His coming is about those who do NOT remain faithful to Him by NOT WATCHING the events of the end leading up to His future return...

Matt 24:48-51
48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, 'My lord delayeth his coming;'
49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
KJV

Do you really think ScottA here is actually LOOKING FOR CHRIST'S FUTURE COMING by trying to treat Christ's Book of Revelation as IF it shortly came to pass in the Apostle's day!

No, of course he is NOT watching like Jesus commanded His servants, because scrapping the Book of Revelation like it is past history means all the SIGNS Jesus gave in it leading up to His future coming mean nothing to him!

So beware of his false doctrines, they are not from God's Word.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess we differ in how we believe Jesus was to return then, no sense in trying to reason with a mind already made up @ScottA.

I believe those who were told to watch and wait, did see Jesus. Perhaps they seen the Lord God Almighty. I don’t know all I know is that I believe in faith he came and got the bride already.

Do you believe Jesus is still coming and when so do you expect that to happen?