When do you "expect" Jesus to return?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just can't help some folks, especially when they won't even listen to Christ's Own witness in those Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27 Scriptures about His future coming and gathering of His faithful Church on the LAST DAY of this present world.
You have not reconciled all the scriptures, namely:

Then he said to me, “These words are faithful and true.” And the Lord God of the holy prophets sent His angel to show His servants the things which must shortly take place.​

By saying "future coming and gathering of His faithful Church on the LAST DAY" you contradict the scriptures with your own religious beliefs while accusing others of the very ignorance you yourself have demonstrated. It is evidence that you have "believed the lie" causing "strong delusion", that lie that says "my master is delaying his coming."

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
5 AM Eastern Standard Time on a Saturday.
Is that when Jesus came into you and you became a member His body, when He came again in the flesh--yours, that you should be "of God?"

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the parable of the 10 virgins, the bridegroom came at midnight. So expect a midnight arrival.
Good point!

If "the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual" then when would "midnight" be?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I told you is when--which was my time of "but each one in his own order", which was indeed in 1986. Your not being aware of it is as it should be, for it was to me that He came and not to you in your "own order", but mine.

And if Jesus has come knocking and come into you and you now deny that He has again "come in the flesh" (yours), then He also denies you before the Father until such a time that you fully receive Him according to the terms He spoke of in the parable of the evil servant.
Jesus will not return in the flesh Scott, and the first resurrection we believe has already occurred. Jesus was the first of course, and was resurrected nearly 2 millenniums ago, but we believe the first resurrection Rev 20:6 happened after his enthronement, or the beginning of his presence that we have been discussing.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have not reconciled all the scriptures, namely:

Then he said to me, “These words are faithful and true.” And the Lord God of the holy prophets sent His angel to show His servants the things which must shortly take place.​

By saying "future coming and gathering of His faithful Church on the LAST DAY" you contradict the scriptures with your own religious beliefs while accusing others of the very ignorance you yourself have demonstrated. It is evidence that you have "believed the lie" causing "strong delusion", that lie that says "my master is delaying his coming."
Yeah, you're not the first one going against the Scriptures with that "shortly" you try to make into some secret key of explaining every Scripture that is about Lord Jesus' future return, and treating it as if it means in the Apostle's day. Doing that is just a show of Biblical ignorance.

John 6:39-40
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent Me, that of all which He hath given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of Him That sent Me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on Him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
KJV

I can do that "shortly" turning adverbial word into dedicated time just like you did! But my example is more accurate, because it includes the time of the future resurrection with the "last day"!

The verse you quoted only mentions "things" that are to shortly come to pass, which isn't even telling us WHAT those "things" are? It is so sad that some preachers in today's pulpits make such errors as that with HIDING God's Truth, and would even attempt to rely on adverbs like that "shortly", while disregarding all the Scripture that it is POINTING TO throughout Christ's Book of Revelation! And lo and behold, all one need do is actually READ CHRIST'S BOOK OF REVELATION to KNOW... the majority of it has still yet to happen today, and is for the very end of this world!

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that when Jesus came into you and you became a member His body, when He came again in the flesh--yours, that you should be "of God?"
No, that is High Noon in Jerusalem on the Sabbath. It just seems like a good time for God to make a triumphal return. Sort of like an ultra-orthodox Western Gunfight between Jesus and EVIL ... :)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that Jesus Christ was expected to be seen by those who were looking and watching for him to return, those who were not missed out and suffered the wrath of God's divorcement of the Material Jerusalem demolishing all the old ways such as priesthoods, temple sacrifices, and geneagologies even in that day were all burnt up and done away with establishing the new Covenant fully in Christ, where now God writes on the hearts and minds of those looking towards him by the spirit.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word for shortly = speedily. Johns letter was written to a very specific group in Asia Minor who was living and breathing.

Surly John letter couldn't have been a fraud on the things that would come down upon them in that day in age.

Reactions: ScottA

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no documentation written that says "Jesus Came". I suppose this is the reason why I do believe in faith Jesus came and got his first church bride, and afterward of the destruction nothing was written about it because there was no one left to be taken because of those looking were also looking in faith.

It is so strange that today people believe Jesus is going to return with destruction today as though it will fall on America or something... what is there a bible that substitutes Jerusalem for America?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems like wasted time to believe Jesus Christ is coming, rather than accepting He did come to those people in that day who were suffering heavy persecution being killed and maimed even in their own homeland.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems like wasted time to believe Jesus Christ is coming, rather than accepting He did come to those people in that day who were suffering heavy persecution being killed and maimed even in their own homeland.
Were all those who were alive changed and caught up with Him in the air?

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.
For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes they were changed in the twinkling of the eye. They should be all in the heavenly Jerusalem now, @atpollard. Wouldn't you think?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are people now today that believe people die they stay in the grave until Jesus comes...

Then after Jesus comes they go rule in heaven for a little while, then come back down and resurrected...

then judged again?

Strange belief to me. All people die are resurrected and go either outside the kingdom or inside the kingdom after their judgement upon death.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The First people who became Christians should be held at honor to a high status...

they suffered death for the cause of Christ, that doesn't happen in todays world in such a high volume as those in the first century.

They were literally a spotless, blameless, church bride - without spot or wrinkle - good luck finding that in 2022, almost going on 2023 now.

Most people over look those people though, and make it for them today.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are at present at the time of the end Jesus called "the beginning of sorrows".

Matt 24:6-8
6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
KJV

The delivering up of some brethren to give a witness, and the start of the "great tribulation" with the placing of the idol "abomination of desolation" by the coming false-Messiah in a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem is next.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe that @Davy, but maybe you do. Its fine. As there are millions of people unsure of how to take the Bible historically for those people then in that day in age.