When do you "expect" Jesus to return?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hippie

Dec 2, 2022
Rossville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not going to reconsider cause I don't go by false teaching I go by what Gods Word says. We are told to learn what you read in Gods Word. When you read and learn you'll know if they are teaching the truth. If not find another church or/and teacher. You cannot take certain things out of the bible and think you have the answer. Example: When the moon turns to blood and all these other tribulations need to happen. Joel 2:31, Revelation 6:12 Acts 2:19-20, Matthew 24:29, Mark 13:24, Isaiah 13:10, Revelation 8:12, 2 Timothy 2:19 2:19, Matthew 24:7, Matthew 24:24, Revelation 22:2, Revelation 16:8, Revelation 14:4. There are many other places that mention it or talk about it. What you did is found a few scriptures thinking you have a good idea when he's going to return. Remember Jesus even said he doesn't know. The best I can say is read your bible everyday and live your spiritual life with Jesus leading the way.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not going to reconsider cause I don't go by false teaching I go by what Gods Word says. We are told to learn what you read in Gods Word. When you read and learn you'll know if they are teaching the truth. If not find another church or/and teacher. You cannot take certain things out of the bible and think you have the answer. Example: When the moon turns to blood and all these other tribulations need to happen. Joel 2:31, Revelation 6:12 Acts 2:19-20, Matthew 24:29, Mark 13:24, Isaiah 13:10, Revelation 8:12, 2 Timothy 2:19 2:19, Matthew 24:7, Matthew 24:24, Revelation 22:2, Revelation 16:8, Revelation 14:4. There are many other places that mention it or talk about it. What you did is found a few scriptures thinking you have a good idea when he's going to return. Remember Jesus even said he doesn't know. The best I can say is read your bible everyday and live your spiritual life with Jesus leading the way.
You misunderstand. I was not suggesting that there is more written in the scriptures that should also be considered--but rather stating it as fact.

It is also a fact that many passages are not even considered and that most people (apparently including yourself) have not reconciled all scripture, but have chosen just those verses that seem to agree with the perspective that one has according to the terms and timeline of this world, rather than those events being without time because they are of God whom is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and is not of this world.

As for your "Example", you error because you have not understood that the moon is that "lessor light" that rules the night--Satan; and that with Adam, being called "Red", Satan has in fact "turn to blood" since the beginning.

I have told you the truth.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You guys still going?

Jesus Christ has had the victory friends.

The only reality you should hope for is the day when there will be no more death, crying or pain.

Feasting with Abraham Isaac and Jacob.

Children of God and there are Sons and Daughters of God.

Which are you? I prefer to just say perhaps I’m a child; though I do find the better resurrection to be the best that comes at a high price of mortifying the flesh.

Anyway, as you continue to just share your beliefs on what you do believe,

Just realize the hope is not what goes on in this world, but what happens in the Heavenly Kingdom which is where a person focus could be if they choose to make that focus.

Jesus came, and his death and resurrection is a picture of what will happen to you when you die.

You’ll die, and be resurrected, spiritually though many may not believe that, but that is what the Bible says friends.

Good luck trying to be good to each other while bickering and fighting which I’m to well aware of doing myself.

It’s our passion, isn’t it that drives us? Perhaps with Christ backing you up?

I don’t know but what I do know one day there will be no more pain? No more crying and no more death, at least in faith I have confidence it is gonna happen though I haven’t seen it yet.

Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You guys still going?

Jesus Christ has had the victory friends.

The only reality you should hope for is the day when there will be no more death, crying or pain.

Feasting with Abraham Isaac and Jacob.

Children of God and there are Sons and Daughters of God.

Which are you? I prefer to just say perhaps I’m a child; though I do find the better resurrection to be the best that comes at a high price of mortifying the flesh.

Anyway, as you continue to just share your beliefs on what you do believe,

Just realize the hope is not what goes on in this world, but what happens in the Heavenly Kingdom which is where a person focus could be if they choose to make that focus.

Jesus came, and his death and resurrection is a picture of what will happen to you when you die.

You’ll die, and be resurrected, spiritually though many may not believe that, but that is what the Bible says friends.

Good luck trying to be good to each other while bickering and fighting which I’m to well aware of doing myself.

It’s our passion, isn’t it that drives us? Perhaps with Christ backing you up?

I don’t know but what I do know one day there will be no more pain? No more crying and no more death, at least in faith I have confidence it is gonna happen though I haven’t seen it yet.
It is good to attempt to stop people from arguing, and that you have said that you don't know and have not seen it yet. But what of those who have seen it? What of those who have opened the door as Jesus said, and who He has "come in to?"

This very thing was foretold and has been witnessed to since Pentecost--and yet not understood, because many who do not believe have yelled all the louder. Yet the many and the loud do not rule the day as it would appear--they fool themselves, while inwardly, those who have heard His voice and "see Him as He is", are those who are "like Him"--just as it is also written.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Closest stories you can get off people are NDE’s, near death experiences.

But you also have this;

However, as it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived” — the things God has prepared for those who love him—

Hippie

Dec 2, 2022
Rossville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really shouldn't expect the time of his return. Just pay attention to what Gods Word says. You can pay attention to the signs but I don't think that helps your daily walk with Jesus which is more important. Yes God operates on his own time not ours which is another reason we shouldn't pay attention to the signs. Another reason we shouldn't pay attention to the signs is Job 14:5 and Psalms 139:16. Our days are numbered only God knows when it's time for us go. Only God knows when Jesus will return. Till that time we should be more concerned of how we live our lives day by day pleasing God.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree hippie, we should focus on living for God. However people have a unique interest in things concerning the end (eschatology). To try and stop them is implausible. That’s what my interest has been in for a small while, and don’t think it’s wrong to seek out if what someone says is true or not based on the evidences recorded not only in history, but also the Bible.

Principles are found all throughout the Bible for fortifying faith, also growing and maturing spiritually.

May God bless you and all those who are seeking in faith which God rewards those who do such things, and may the darkness that resides in those who are blind and faithless come to see the true light founded in the light of all mankind, the Word of Gid made flesh, Jesus of Nazareth.

Take care, all.

Hippie

Dec 2, 2022
Rossville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you God bless you as well. Let us all keep the faith. Without Faith it's impossible to please God.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 20:28-29 [NKJV]
And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"
Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed [are] those who have not seen and [yet] have believed."

Are these words ambiguous (κύριός μου καὶ ὁ θεός μου)?
Are you saying that Thomas was declaring that Jesus was God AT?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Name one. Which I say again with the chance that you might possibly be holding the door open. Because you said you did not "believe" me, but what you do believe you say "we believe." To the contrary, "I say to you, we speak what we know and testify what we have seen, and you do not receive our witness."
I went through many of your posts Scott, and admittedly agree with most I saw, so we well just get to the nitty gritty sir, I noticed that I didn't catch you using God's name in your posts, not saying you don't, but didn't observe it in the ones I read, so do you believe this passage sir?:
Jer 10:10But Jehovah is the true God; he is the living God

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When do you "expect" Jesus to return?​

OP ^

Is Soon
Is Near, as Prophecy and Signs (increase coming to pass, ie. being fulfilled).
Is Quick, (to a accomplish (more) Prophecy (when) Before, During, and After He returns.

Heb 4:
[12] For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Glory to God,
Taken

Hippie

Dec 2, 2022
Rossville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The difference here is. I'm telling you what Gods Word says. I'm not telling you what I think. When you're asking when do I think Jesus will return. I would rather live my life day by day trying to please God with how I live my life following in the footsteps of Jesus. Pay attention to Gods Word not the signs.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I went through many of your posts Scott, and admittedly agree with most I saw, so we well just get to the nitty gritty sir, I noticed that I didn't catch you using God's name in your posts, not saying you don't, but didn't observe it in the ones I read, so do you believe this passage sir?:
Jer 10:10But Jehovah is the true God; he is the living God
Sure.

TheOneHeLoves

Nov 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know when He will but I kinda hope it is soon. This world seems to be more evil every minute.

just read the article about American Girl issuing a book to girls:
"If you haven't gone through puberty yet, the doctor might offer medicine to delay your body's changes, giving you more time to think about your gender identity... If you don’t have an adult you trust, there are organizations across the country that can help you. Turn to the resources on page 95 for more information." the book is pushing them to be transgender.

Honestly it makes no sense men are pushed to be woman and woman pushed to be men. Satan getting people to hate themselves that is what it is all about. deny yourself to follow satan which will set you to destruction which is the counterfeit of denying yourself to follow Christ which will set you free

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Asked and answered.
But just to be clear:

YES.​

Now your turn:

Are these words ambiguous (κύριός μου καὶ ὁ θεός μου)?​

(from John 20:28-29)
The understanding of course is sir. Thomas was an apostle, he knew who God is, he had spent over 3 yrs with Jesus being personally instructed by him. In your post you did use a version that included the explanation point, which is great, as Thomas did exclaim that. How many times in your life when a drastically moving event happened did you exclaim my God? Were you meaning that was your God? No sir, and neither was Thomas. What had just happened, he questioned if the man in front of him was the resurrected Jesus, and Jesus gave him what he needed to believe. Put yourself in his shoes, can you imagine the excitement when he actually realized Jesus was who he and the others said he was. He could not control the excitement. No sir, he was not saying Jesus was God, he knew Jesus words to Mary well that she came to tell them and was recorded for us a few verses earlier (17).

Punctuation helps in understanding, and not all versions chose to put the exclamation point there. Using the Bible as a whole is always best as well sir, and Jesus pretty much clarified it at Mat 16:13-17. I side with Peter in my answer as well, Jesus is the Son of the Living God Jehovah AT.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The understanding of course is sir. Thomas was an apostle, he knew who God is, he had spent over 3 yrs with Jesus being personally instructed by him. In your post you did use a version that included the explanation point, which is great, as Thomas did exclaim that. How many times in your life when a drastically moving event happened did you exclaim my God? Were you meaning that was your God? No sir, and neither was Thomas. What had just happened, he questioned if the man in front of him was the resurrected Jesus, and Jesus gave him what he needed to believe. Put yourself in his shoes, can you imagine the excitement when he actually realized Jesus was who he and the others said he was. He could not control the excitement. No sir, he was not saying Jesus was God, he knew Jesus words to Mary well that she came to tell them and was recorded for us a few verses earlier (17).

Punctuation helps in understanding, and not all versions chose to put the exclamation point there. Using the Bible as a whole is always best as well sir, and Jesus pretty much clarified it at Mat 16:13-17. I side with Peter in my answer as well, Jesus is the Son of the Living God Jehovah AT.
Final comment on a subject that will go nowhere: If you are correct, shame on Jesus for not being as righteous as an Angel and correcting Thomas (Like every Angel corrected every person that tried to offer any reverence due God to them) … instead Jesus affirmed his statement of belief!

Reactions: ScottA and Davy