When Does The Destruction of the Soul Happen Per God's Word?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I still find that many are confused about the destruction of the 'soul' per God's Word, and when it happens.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I still find that many are confused about the destruction of the 'soul' per God's Word, and when it happens.
I believe the person, called a "soul," is never annihilated completely. But his "destruction" is intended to be an expression of the loss of his place in God's Kingdom. He loses his body and physical possessions, and is consigned to a new life outside of God's Kingdom. The soul continues ultimately in a new physical body, but in "Outer Darkness."

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the person, called a "soul," is never annihilated completely. But his "destruction" is intended to be an expression of the loss of his place in God's Kingdom. He loses his body and physical possessions, and is consigned to a new life outside of God's Kingdom. The soul continues ultimately in a new physical body, but in "Outer Darkness."
You should study Psalms 37.

The destruction of one's spirit with soul (because they are both permanently connected), is what the "second death" of Rev.20:14-15 is about.

On the day of Christ's future return, this present world will end, and that includes the casting off of these flesh bodies of this world. Everyone's spirit body with soul will be manifest in Christ's future "thousand years" reign, with the dead resurrected either to the 1st resurrection of life in Jesus, or to the resurrection of damnation (see John 5:28-29).

The wicked and unsaved in that future "thousand years" reign by Christ and His elect with the "rod of iron", will still have mortal liable to perish souls subject to the "second death".

Revelation 3:9 reveals that those of the "synagogue of Satan" will be made to bow at the feet of Christ's elect to worship Him in that future "thousand years" reign.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should study Psalms 37.

The destruction of one's spirit with soul (because they are both permanently connected), is what the "second death" of Rev.20:14-15 is about.

On the day of Christ's future return, this present world will end, and that includes the casting off of these flesh bodies of this world. Everyone's spirit body with soul will be manifest in Christ's future "thousand years" reign, with the dead resurrected either to the 1st resurrection of life in Jesus, or to the resurrection of damnation (see John 5:28-29).

The wicked and unsaved in that future "thousand years" reign by Christ and His elect with the "rod of iron", will still have mortal liable to perish souls subject to the "second death".

Revelation 3:9 reveals that those of the "synagogue of Satan" will be made to bow at the feet of Christ's elect to worship Him in that future "thousand years" reign.
I'm not really sure what you're saying?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not really sure what you're saying?
Well, you won't get an understanding about all that from listening to seminary doctrines. They don't know those things of "strong meat" in God's Word. Look at Psalms 37 about the destruction of the wicked like I suggested, or don't. Your choice.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you won't get an understanding about all that from listening to seminary doctrines. They don't know those things of "strong meat" in God's Word. Look at Psalms 37 about the destruction of the wicked like I suggested, or don't. Your choice.
I've read the Bible a number of times. I've read Psalm 37. If you can't share your viewpoint, your choice. Revelation does not come by osmosis--it comes by a clear message.

Last edited:

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First you have to understand they are all what make us and describe us as a person.
23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Thessalonians 5:23)
The Bible uses all three to describe us as a person as you can see where we are called a spirit in this verse
Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. (Matthew 26:41)

So all that describes what is a person, perish at the Lake of Fire where they meet their end at the Second Death, scripture.is clear on that.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First you have to understand they are all what make us and describe us as a person.
23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Thessalonians 5:23)
The Bible uses all three to describe us as a person as you can see where we are called a spirit in this verse
Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. (Matthew 26:41)

So all that describes what is a person, perish at the Lake of Fire where they meet their end at the Second Death, scripture.is clear on that.

God's Word reveals we are created with 3 parts:

Heb 4:12
12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of
soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
KJV

1. soul
2. spirit
3. joints and marrow

the 'soul' is about our 'person', what makes each one unique. It is not our flesh, but only live inside our flesh body shell, and leaves when our flesh body dies.

2. the spirit is about our spirit body that also lives inside our flesh shell. It is a body of the heavenly dimension, and this is where many brethren lack Biblical understanding. In 2 Corinthians 5 Apostle Paul said if our earthly house (flesh body) were suddenly dissolved, he said we have another body, a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens (2 Cor.5:1). Paul was pointing to our 'spirit' that dwells inside our flesh body.

Our 'spirit' is not of this earthly dimension, it is of the heavenly dimension, and is attached with our 'soul'. Both our soul & spirit together leave our flesh at flesh death.

3. joints and marrow is about specifically our flesh body, and nothing else.

So when Jesus said in Matthew 10:28 to not fear those who can kill our flesh body, but not our soul, He then said but instead fear Him (The Father) Who can destroy both body (spirit body) and soul in the future "lake of fire" (word Hinnom from the Hebrew is what Jesus used for "hell" there, pointing to the "lake of fire" at the end of Revelation 20).