When God lets you down

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
@VictoryinJesus etsys them, believe me we don’t like being here, we have so many depending on us we have too be
yeh, i guess they are prolly too heavy for Yah huh
lol
i get you ok, but i notice lotta ppl love being depended upon too

noticed just last week that i really dont want Yah's help at all; i wanna help Yah!
narf
@H. Richard
Jesus is still my copilot, every time i take the wheel i guess
actually he prolly jumps outta the car
The Golden Age
trust me Beck does a lot more than barely get by, ok

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
S.G.
I so hear you with this. It has taken me a long time to understand so much as how God works. He is behind the scenes of our physical eyes. I have come to the conclusion that, even though I pray His will...I do not expect it to be answered as I myself would believe. His will is always key, and His will might not be timely for us in this world yet, His will WILL be done, in His time and let not your faith be contingent on what you see others receiving when you yourself go without. They have their reward, and their rewards will perish...ours never will. Patience is so hard to deal with when we become desperate. We just need to keep our eyes on God, and believe even though we see the opposite of what we pray for. He is always working and, it is hard to see the forest for the trees! Just have faith that He IS working in your situation...put on some worship music, loud! Remember His promises and do not think so hard about what has NOT come to fruition but, KNOW He is working on your behalf...even though you do not see it happening as you would like. I know it is not an easy thing to do, by no means yet...He is faithful, always.
And, @Prayer Warrior , thank you for sharing such a personal post...it hurts me that you had to live through (and still are) all of that. But, your husband DID receive Jesus so...how much more should you rejoice in that? God is the BEST provider and lover of out souls...I myself have been single for over 20 years and am just fine with that as, He takes very good care of me.
xoxoxoxo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No idea why your post invoked the memory though, even though there was quite a bit of self-testifying in it, the movie too i mean, meaning i am not saying you were testifying of tourself there, yikes, mebbe thats it. Anyway, watch it free here if you have 2 hours you dont care about getting back
edited for clarity

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
my mom (76) and i watched The Searchers last night, a John Wayne flick, one of Jerry Seville's favorites i guess, so mom wanted to see it. 98 on rotten tomatoes btw. Anyway, i wont go into my feelings about Seville or the movie, which we had to rent from...ha dunno anymore, xfinity or netflix or whoever. Bc convenience. Anyway, watching the men emote all over the place was a lesson for my mom i think, she was strangely quiet after the movie, which neither of us liked.

No idea why your post invoked the memory though, even though there was quite a bit of self-testifying in it, the movie too i mean, meaning i am not saying you were testifying of tourself there, yikes, mebbe thats it. Anyway, watch it free here if you have 2 hours you dont care about getting back lol https://hdfy.to/movies/adventure/the-searchers-1956-watch-online awesome scenery though. Yikes that site blows putlocker away, not a single ad click did i have to navigate or close. One click and the movie starts. If you need directions on how to jack it into your tv, just say "hey siri how do i..." lol.

so i guess boomers have brought the standard of lliving for the whole planet up, and aint done yet, we'll prolly have time machines here before they all die huh lol

Got the movie bookmarked for later... thanks... xx

So I am only 1 or 2 years older than your mum ...which means when I speak you must DO. :D

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You exercised your right/freedom to engage PW, being in agreement with what PW said. That makes you to be an accomplice, through words that you chose.

That's 'right'. And I will own those words. I certainly don't want to be an 'accomplice' with your words.

Who told you that you had the gift of discernment of spirits?

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's 'right'. And I will own those words. I certainly don't want to be an 'accomplice' with your words.

Who told you that you had the gift of discernment of spirits?

Stranger

People say it can be active on-line :rolleyes:

We can all for sure tell on line - "of which spirit someone is of"
But the specific gift of knowing and recognizing a specific demon spirt, is a spiritual gift for operation in the active body of christ and living people who are eye to eye so a person can minister to them and set someone free.

We all see some crank on here spouting his stuff and know this is a demonic activity...but all the body of Christ have that discernment . ( or should have if they are tuned in )

Reactions: Soverign Grace

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People say it can be active on-line :rolleyes:

We can all for sure tell on line - "of which spirit someone is of"
But the specific gift of knowing and recognizing a specific demon spirt, is a spiritual gift for operation in the active body of christ and living people who are eye to eye so a person can minister to them and set someone free.

We all see some crank on here spouting his stuff and know this is a demonic activity...but all the body of Christ have that discernment . ( or should have if they are tuned in )

Yes, I agree.

And the 'gift' of discernment of spirits is necessary because demonic activity doesn't always come into your fellowship preaching wrong doctrine. He may well come in preaching what is true and accepted. (Acts 16:16-18)

It is an important gift. The one who has it probably is not aware for a long time that he has it. But it becomes plain to other believers in his fellowship that he has it due to his conversations with them, and his opinion about this or that person or some doctrine...which turn out to be true. They in turn give credence to what he says and so continue to watch and listen and see the results before acknowledging that, yes, we believe you have the gift of discernment of spirits. It takes that local Body of Christ to verify.

Stranger

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my mom (76) and i watched The Searchers last night, a John Wayne flick, one of Jerry Seville's favorites i guess, so mom wanted to see it. 98 on rotten tomatoes btw. Anyway, i wont go into my feelings about Seville or the movie, which we had to rent from...ha dunno anymore, xfinity or netflix or whoever. Bc convenience. Anyway, watching the men emote all over the place was a lesson for my mom i think, she was strangely quiet after the movie, which neither of us liked.

No idea why your post invoked the memory though, even though there was quite a bit of self-testifying in it, the movie too i mean, meaning i am not saying you were testifying of tourself there, yikes, mebbe thats it. Anyway, watch it free here if you have 2 hours you dont care about getting back lol https://hdfy.to/movies/adventure/the-searchers-1956-watch-online awesome scenery though. Yikes that site blows putlocker away, not a single ad click did i have to navigate or close. One click and the movie starts. If you need directions on how to jack it into your tv, just say "hey siri how do i..." lol.

so i guess boomers have brought the standard of lliving for the whole planet up, and aint done yet, we'll prolly have time machines here before they all die huh lol

I love old westerns. I don't like most of what's on TV now.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom. 12[1] I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

I don't know if that will work but it's worth a go.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I agree.

And the 'gift' of discernment of spirits is necessary because demonic activity doesn't always come into your fellowship preaching wrong doctrine. He may well come in preaching what is true and accepted. (Acts 16:16-18)

It is an important gift. The one who has it probably is not aware for a long time that he has it. But it becomes plain to other believers in his fellowship that he has it due to his conversations with them, and his opinion about this or that person or some doctrine...which turn out to be true. They in turn give credence to what he says and so continue to watch and listen and see the results before acknowledging that, yes, we believe you have the gift of discernment of spirits. It takes that local Body of Christ to verify.

Stranger
An old woman who used to teach us bible study told me I was really close to the Spirit. I've wondered if I was given this gift because I pick up undercurrents and "vibes" off of people really well. Especially looking in their eyes and dividing truth. It sometimes gets overwhelming because others don't see what I do until later - sometimes after damage has been done. I never really exercised it in the body yet. My husband said Satan must be afraid for me to use my gift because I seem to be attacked more heavily than others. If God gave me this gift He gave it to the wrong person. I am not one to withstand a lot. I hope He gave me another gift.

That would make a good thread - I still am unsure of my gift after 40 years.

It's interesting that I've found it to be true that babies and dogs seem to have a built-in sense of discernment. A baby will cry when held by someone who doesn't really care about them and a dog will growl at someone that you know you should steer clear of.

Reactions: Nancy