When God lets you down

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
That is what our pain and suffering (chastisement) is all about. Are we in that state of mind as was Job?
Only by the the Lord's Gift faith, being that of Jesus' own faith, are we able to endure all suffering, even persecution unto death.
Three thumbs down on your comment, because you also lack spiritual discernment. Which btw, is also a characteristic and GIFT of the Holy Spirit.
1 Corinthians 12:10

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha! British .....well it was in the part of the country where we lived.
Idioms vary all over England.

It would be a bit more like 'sulking' and 'navel gazing' than just grumbling. :)

Navel gazing!!! ROFL

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the whole point of Him working in us, is to erradicate our feeble human faith, so as to install HIS FAITH, whereby we will be able to FULLY trust God the Father, as Jesus did.
KJV-
Job 13[15] Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.

To reveal His strength in our weakness. Paul spoke of weakness as not something to be despised but said that was when the power of God rest upon him.

“...but I will maintain my own ways before him” is a good thing to you or not?

Reactions: Waiting on him

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. If you read "Prayer Warrior's" opposing reply to me, you would know that "Stranger" then came along and posted to PW saying "three thumbs up" . So yes, I had every right to post what I said to "Stranger", who sided with PW's commennts of opposition against me.
2. The Holy Spirit within me. Its called discerning of spirits 1 Corinthians 12:10

I didn't say anything about 'rights'. I said the post was not to you and you went out of your way to be rude using Scripture to support your rudeness. Of course you have a 'right' to comment on any post. And you have a 'right' to be rude. Which you exercised.

Says you? Do you think any are to believe you when you say the Holy Spirit has given you the gift of discerning of spirits. Believers don't have a gift just because they say so. You say the Holy Spirit says so. I don't believe you. I think it is just you saying so. You are self appointed. A gift of the Holy Spirit surfaces as the believer walks with God. It is evidenced by other believers who recognize it in you.

And, concerning 'rights', you telling another believer they are not of the right spirit just because they disagree with you, is wrong. You assume you are of the right spirit and assume you have a gift that enables you to do so. You assume you are right in what you believe the Bible is saying. You quote verses such as (1 Cor. 12:10), which is true. But then you apply it to yourself, which is questionable.

In other words, you don't have this said gift just because you say you do. And I haven't seen, in anything you have written, evidence to support your claim.

Stranger

Invisibilis

Nov 9, 2017
Northern Rivers
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I know this won't be a topic many want to address yet I'm facing it right now. How do you handle it when God lets you down?

I'm trying to think that He has other plans that are better than mine yet still circumstances seem to favor unbelievers at times, and those carrying the cross have even more burdens laid on their backs. How do you handle despair with God - when you really expected help and it didn't come?

I know in Pilgrims Progress I believe it was Faith who died at the stake and then Hope walked on with Christian.
Many years ago, for over three months, I prayed daily (every morning) before going to work, for patience. You see, I was being hassled by seniority workers. But every day was the same old hassle, and nothing changed.

Then one morning as I was about to do my prayer again, I stopped in my tracks, and I said to God "I have been praying for patience, every day for about three months now, and nothing's happened. What's going on?" Immediately I heard a very clear frank voice say in my mind, saying: "How else are you going to learn!" I was shocked to hear that voice. Instantly I realized that patience, like many other things, requires practice to attain it. My response was, "Well, let's cancel that prayer".

So I went to work realizing I needed to practice patience. It also became clear that patience asks me to 'wait'; and how do we wait. By doing nothing about it. Simple really.

I got to work and discovered that everybody was doing their own thing, and not one single person gave me any hassle. Go figure! I mean, God did not change everybody at work to please me. It had to be me that changed, and all I did was let go, do nothing about it, let everything be the way it is.

So, though I was not patient, God certainly was. He was waiting, and waiting for three months for me to let go of wanting the world to change to suit me. I was ripe to let go, when I questioned God's will, He gave me the truth, right to my face. Thanks God.

Reactions: amadeus

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe that He eradicates our faith. I believe He strengthens it as we exercise our faith muscle by choosing to believe what He has said even when our eyes see the opposite and our hearts are breaking.

That's very insightful - when our eyes see the opposite of His promises throughout Scripture.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many years ago, for over three months, I prayed daily (every morning) before going to work, for patience. You see, I was being hassled by seniority workers. But every day was the same old hassle, and nothing changed.

Then one morning as I was about to do my prayer
again, I stopped in my tracks, and I said to God "I have been praying for patience, every day for about three months now, and nothing's happened. What's going on?" Immediately I heard a very clear frank voice say in my mind, saying: "How else are you going to learn!" I was shocked to hear that voice. Instantly I realized that patience, like many other things, requires practice to attain it. My response was, "Well, let's cancel that prayer".

So I went to work realizing I needed to practice patience. It also became clear that patience asks me to 'wait'; and how do we wait. By doing nothing about it. Simple really.

I got to work and discovered that everybody was doing their own thing, and not one single person gave me any hassle. Go figure! I mean, God did not change everybody at work to please me. It had to be me that changed, and all I did was let go, do nothing about it, let everything be the way it is.

So, though I was not patient, God certainly was. He was waiting, and waiting for three months for me to let go of wanting the world to change to suit me. I was ripe to let go, when I questioned God's will, He gave me the truth, right to my face. Thanks God.

That's an interesting story. I"m glad you shared it. I've prayed and prayed too. Sometimes I wonder when we should stop. We're told the story of the unjust judge but it's so hard to continue praying when you've prayed it so many times before. i prayed for something for 15 years and it finally happened - so I knew God had seen my pain and answered. I beat on heaven's door, fasted, cried, and year after year, month after month, day after day passed with no answer. Finally it came.

So I have received answers - it's just I get weary. Other times I never received an answer.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Stranger seems to be showing forth some compassion.

To the op though, I never really have felt as if God has let me down. I’ve felt many times as though I’ve let Him down.
yeh, me too; but i guess neither is very productive prolly. I get the distinct impression that the relationship is like ours to a favored three year old that is crippled, mentally challenged, and deliberately spoiled? Iow every impediment possible has been put in front of us, or maybe every impediment necessary to produce a better pearl or something. Yah understands.

i think it has to do with the nature of even Spiritual reality; we like to imagine that Yah can just snap His fingers or wriggle His nose and do stuff, but i dont see it tbh. And we even have several passages about "heavenly struggles" that indicate as much? So i bet a furnace is a pretty good analogy for any possible "afterlife," but i dont mean actual flames of course...but being completely forgiven and not being able to accept it, strangely. And also being avoided like the plague or something, which i can attest to experiencing myself.

Dunno your age, but can you imagine being raised in S's shoes? I think the ones we consider the most blessed are really the most cursed, in some weird way. Plus we totally destroy our kids in that way, yeh? We will wear stuff with holes so our kids can wear pimp, etc. bc we know life is hard so we want our kids to not have it hard i guess? So we make them soft? Wth? I feel for baby boomers, who were here for ozzie and harriet, honestly. If/when i have kids, they are gonna play with rocks and like it lol.

which i'm sure has been said a few times :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I didn't say anything about 'rights'. I said the post was not to you and you went out of your way to be rude using Scripture to support your rudeness. Of course you have a 'right' to comment on any post. And you have a 'right' to be rude. Which you exercised.

Says you? Do you think any are to believe you when you say the Holy Spirit has given you the gift of discerning of spirits. Believers don't have a gift just because they say so. You say the Holy Spirit says so. I don't believe you. I think it is just you saying so. You are self appointed. A gift of the Holy Spirit surfaces as the believer walks with God. It is evidenced by other believers who recognize it in you.

And, concerning 'rights', you telling another believer they are not of the right spirit just because they disagree with you, is wrong. You assume you are of the right spirit and assume you have a gift that enables you to do so. You assume you are right in what you believe the Bible is saying. You quote verses such as (1 Cor. 12:10), which is true. But then you apply it to yourself, which is questionable.

In other words, you don't have this said gift just because you say you do. And I haven't seen, in anything you have written, evidence to support your claim.

Stranger
my mom (76) and i watched The Searchers last night, a John Wayne flick, one of Jerry Seville's favorites i guess, so mom wanted to see it. 98 on rotten tomatoes btw. Anyway, i wont go into my feelings about Seville or the movie, which we had to rent from...ha dunno anymore, xfinity or netflix or whoever. Bc convenience. Anyway, watching the men emote all over the place was a lesson for my mom i think, she was strangely quiet after the movie, which neither of us liked.

No idea why your post invoked the memory though, even though there was quite a bit of self-testifying in it, the movie too i mean, meaning i am not saying you were testifying of tourself there, yikes, mebbe thats it. Anyway, watch it free here if you have 2 hours you dont care about getting back lol https://hdfy.to/movies/adventure/the-searchers-1956-watch-online awesome scenery though. Yikes that site blows putlocker away, not a single ad click did i have to navigate or close. One click and the movie starts. If you need directions on how to jack it into your tv, just say "hey siri how do i..." lol.

so i guess boomers have brought the standard of lliving for the whole planet up, and aint done yet, we'll prolly have time machines here before they all die huh lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You exercised your right/freedom to engage PW, being in agreement with what PW said. That makes you to be an accomplice, through words that you chose.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To reveal His strength in our weakness. Paul spoke of weakness as not something to be despised but said that was when the power of God rest upon him.

“...but I will maintain my own ways before him” is a good thing to you or not?
In my post, I used the word "eradicate". It was a wrong choice, and should be "eclipse".
God does not eliminate our individual personality, but rather He subdues it, so that the character of Christ (the fruit of the Spirit) shines through us more than our own nature of the flesh.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yeh, me too; but i guess neither is very productive prolly. I get the distinct impression that the relationship is like ours to a favored three year old that is crippled, mentally challenged, and deliberately spoiled? Iow every impediment possible has been put in front of us, or maybe every impediment necessary to produce a better pearl or something. Yah understands.

i think it has to do with the nature of even Spiritual reality; we like to imagine that Yah can just snap His fingers or wriggle His nose and do stuff, but i dont see it tbh. And we even have several passages about "heavenly struggles" that indicate as much? So i bet a furnace is a pretty good analogy for any possible "afterlife," but i dont mean actual flames of course...but being completely forgiven and not being able to accept it, strangely. And also being avoided like the plague or something, which i can attest to experiencing myself.

Dunno your age, but can you imagine being raised in S's shoes? I think the ones we consider the most blessed are really the most cursed, in some weird way. Plus we totally destroy our kids in that way, yeh? We will wear stuff with holes so our kids can wear pimp, etc. bc we know life is hard so we want our kids to not have it hard i guess? So we make them soft? Wth? I feel for baby boomers, who were here for ozzie and harriet, honestly. If/when i have kids, they are gonna play with rocks and like it lol.

which i'm sure has been said a few times :)
Lol, play with rocks. When I was a child there wasn’t any of this visual stimulation we have today. I’d hunt and fish and spend hrs entertaining myself.

I still play with rocks, it’s called flint knapping, I can replicate just about any form of Native American lithic artifact, throw any style of pottery, and this is due to the fact that as a child I would find these artifacts in the creeks around the farm where we lived.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Lol, play with rocks. When I was a child there wasn’t any of this visual stimulation we have today. I’d hunt and fish and spend hrs entertaining myself.

I still play with rocks, it’s called flint knapping, I can replicate just about any form of Native American lithic artifact, throw any style of pottery, and this is due to the fact that as a child I would find these artifacts in the creeks around the farm where we lived.
awesome! got any pitchers? :D