When Is It Time To Die?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Hahaha, yeah that's about the size of it, or they elevate themselves instead......I heard a preacher say once :" You people have to make up your minds..."Are you sinners or are you the Righteous saved by Grace?"......
self esteem and humility are hard to master though, i don't mean to condemn anyone here, still struggling with this myself
or just finished or whatever. the right girl in the room would still prolly whack me out i guess

Reactions: pia and amadeus

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
self esteem and humility are hard to master though
There have been times where I have been acutely aware than I am no more than a collection of bits of dust, but yet I esteem Him, and somehow In Him, I become something more.....Cannot be anything but humble about that, because I know so completely that apart from Him I am surely nothing at all....

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting. While I'm currently 25 years old, it is hard for me to look in the future and see myself even at 35 or 40 :eek: I believe that when it's our time, it's our time. My grandfather is 80 and is in great health, drives, travels, very active. I would like to live to an old age if I'm healthy and active. Not sure where I'll be a year from now but I know I can trust in God's timing and plan in all things

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was sick or thereabouts, around 7 years old, I believed I saw an angel in my room and it was so comforting. When my mother, two siblings at that time, and I, nearly died in a car accident, a few days later, ‘mother superior’ said God has plans for me yet. Yes, we have a purpose(s) here, that I do know. We can make calculated guesses at them, at best.

I have come to know, in time, to allow and enjoy the spiritual ride in becoming like Christ inside the new heart I have inside of me. Allowing God’s spirit to do his work in perfecting me to Christ’s image and mind, in love, as I do his will, and even without knowing it most of the time.

We can hamper our growth if we listen to our natural soulish will and mind. It is the one that weighs us down with all kinds of doubts in life, like saying we still sin even with the spirit of God inside us-impossible! There is no spiritual separation anymore, God is with us, in power! We are the ‘overcomers’ in or through Christ….

The trick is to conquer this soulish mind and control it by allowing the power of God inside of us to dominate us and therefore neutralize it (soulish corruption) in the process. We then will not be concerned about when is it time to die. It does become meaningless over time.

Today I know ‘I’ (where my heart is located - my spirit) can be ejected from my body at any time. When my spirit ‘moves out’ of this body and this soul then dies, and upon seeing my angel, I will soon be with loved ones and my real hero, my Lord and friend, Jesus. Then there will be no time or concern for the time to die anymore as it will be a meaningless question indeed.

Bless you,

APAK

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Several times I have been close to death.
The last time it happened I remember the nurses and doctors yelling at me :

"Don't go, don't go, don't go now...."

At the same time I was receiving electric shock treatments to keep my heart on the go.
(I ended up with cracked ribs)

After that all faded away and I found myself in a green field.

All grass was the same hight, same shape, same colour.

Bright blue sky, no clouds, and no sun, no shades.

Walking towards me were 4 white figures, 1 large, 3 smaller.

As they got closer all of a sudden I found myself back in the emergency room surrounded by doctors and nurses.
They wheeled me into the operating room.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read your op but not all the others. I believe God is God over all including meds. It is He that pulls the plug, no other.

I stood in the room with my 30 year old nephew Bobby and his father, my younger brother. The doctors told us only the machines were keeping him alive. My brother zsajd "pull the plug". I watched the monitor as it went from sinus rhythm to a straight line. Goodbye Bobby.

Even so Bobby was not alive at all. God had already taken him. I have no decision in the matter as far as I am concerned. It's written in His book. My body is beat up! Continual pain, things that don't work at all or work badly. Gout, peripheral neuropathy, a long list. Yet I'm at His disposal. DISPOSAL. Maybe I can still reach a few souls, encourage a sunken heart. Until the day God pulls the plug and the sinus rhythm stops I'll carry on.

As judge Parker said "hang in there"!

I can indeed do a things through Christ which strengthens me. Amen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When Is It Time To Die?

That's not for man to decide. God has a set time for each and every one. The more important question is "Is today your day of salvation? Tomorrow may be too late".

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today would be nice.......... I want to go home and join my family....

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Today would be nice.......... I want to go home and join my family....

before you go, via google. listen to[who knows where the time goes]Sandy Denny - twinc

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Several times I have been close to death.
The last time it happened I remember the nurses and doctors yelling at me :

"Don't go, don't go, don't go now...."

At the same time I was receiving electric shock treatments to keep my heart on the go.
(I ended up with cracked ribs)

After that all faded away and I found myself in a green field.

All grass was the same hight, same shape, same colour.

Bright blue sky, no clouds, and no sun, no shades.

Walking towards me were 4 white figures, 1 large, 3 smaller.

As they got closer all of a sudden I found myself back in the emergency room surrounded by doctors and nurses.
They wheeled me into the operating room.

Good interesting post.
Wonderful experience. Where do you think that you were?
Paradise?
That is my guess. Too many people have spoken of that same place and similar experiences for it not to be a happy place...re heaven I am sure.

....H

Reactions: Triumph1300

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like to see some more good stuff happen before I depart this life. Especially for our children. We've lived a weird Christian life. I never realized what attacks would come after we announced that God had told us of the son He was sending to us. Battles? You bet. I weep when I consider the things our son has had to endure since he was small. If each of us had been prophesied, foretold by our parents what would our battles have been? Fierce that's what. There is a price to pay for many miracles and I never knew this at all.

I would love to see the Lord blessing us and our son in proportion to what we've had to face since 1979. We praise Him and are grateful beyond the measure but sobered by the reality of the requirements. It's like going from a raw army recruit to a seasoned soldier of many battles. Reality dispenses with supposition. Amen

To whom much is given much is required, Luke 12:48 and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
Amen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good interesting post.
Wonderful experience. Where do you think that you were?
Paradise?
That is my guess. Too many people have spoken of that same place and similar experiences for it not to be a happy place...re heaven I am sure.

....H
Actually I was disappointed to go back.
But my wife had a different opinion.

Reactions: Helen