When is the Close of Probation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many ideas about when and how God will close probation, but for some it has already come as they have died, and nothing can be changed or they life altered at the point. The close of probation is the time when repentance is no longer possible, your record is complete and closed, waiting to be judged. A person's probation can close at death which has happened to all those in the grave, or when the unpardonable sin has been committed or when probation is closed for all just before the Second Coming. As long as Christ functions as high priest and mediator between God and man, mercy is available. But when Christ's work as priest and advocate has finished Christ has ceased His pleading, and probation has ended.

So for those who are teaching the false idea that God will gives everyone a second chance when life stops for them or that somewhere in the universe there is a place where, after death, or at the second coming a person has an opportunity to change from wickedness, think of the people outside the ark at the Flood. God tells us that probation will close for all and He even lays out how it will be done, lets look at Revelation 22:11..

Revelation 22:11
He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

And we have what Isaiah shows in a urgent warning in Isaiah 55:7.
Isaiah 55:7
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Human beings will be separated into the wicked, who reject God's authority, the saints or genuine believers, who have put their trust in the merits of Christ through faith and live in obedience to God's law, and we will see a group who will be put with the wicked who acted or appeared to be genuine believers but are not.
Matthew 13:40-42
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. 41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; 42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

All who have truly repented of sin, claimed the blood of Christ as their atoning sacrifice, obeyed the law of God, their sins will be blotted out, and they will have eternal life. The cases considered are those of the professed people of God, judgement will begin with those in the church..
1 Peter 4:17
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

The judgment of the wicked is a distinct and separate work and is after the close of probation and the saints sit on that tribunal.

1 Corinthians 6:2
Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has been decades since I heard the doctrine of "probation" and can't remember what it was about. It may be a man-made doctrine and I asked God to wipe away ALL man-made false doctrines so that may be why I don't remember.

But there ARE a couple of cut off dates.

Romans 11:25-26 is at the beginning of the Great Tribulation. This is when the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. That means no more Gentiles will come into the Church, the focus of God's drawing to Christ is only for national Jews to be saved.

2 Thess. 2:8-12 shows God putting a strong delusion on those Gentiles that never accepted Christ. This is when the Antichrist is revealed, so again at the beginning of the Great Tribulation.

The paradigms in Daniel shows a week, or 7 years are for the Jews to come into the Church. The first half of the seven years they are coming to Christ and into His Church and could be influenced by the 2 witnesses that are working during that time. In Revelation 12:16 we see "other offspring." Those are the Gentile Christians that are still alive, but were lukewarm, or Thyatira and pray to Mary, or believe the dead doctrines out of Sardis. They are going to be tested by this great trial and may be martyred. The Philadelphians will either be pre-trib. raptured, if that is true, but nevertheless will be protected during the GT by God.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

When is the Close of Probation?​

When men/ women choose to no longer respond to the prompting of God's Spirit.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation chapter 8, and 9, the 5th trump were in, its probation. Satan as antichrist will come 6th trump. When we see antichrist in Jerusalem near future, the 5th trump ended.
Many people don't have gospel armory on, ephesians chapter 6. This is exactly what satan wants. The hirelings teach tradition of men and false doctrine. The flocks are biblically illiterate.
When satan comes as antichrist near future, its spirtual war, it's words, ideas and concepts. That's why gospel armory on is critical to stand against antichrist lies and deception near future.
Probation ends when the 6th trump sounds. Were in 5th trump now.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has been decades since I heard the doctrine of "probation" and can't remember what it was about. It may be a man-made doctrine and I asked God to wipe away ALL man-made false doctrines so that may be why I don't remember.

But there ARE a couple of cut off dates.

Romans 11:25-26 is at the beginning of the Great Tribulation. This is when the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. That means no more Gentiles will come into the Church, the focus of God's drawing to Christ is only for national Jews to be saved.

2 Thess. 2:8-12 shows God putting a strong delusion on those Gentiles that never accepted Christ. This is when the Antichrist is revealed, so again at the beginning of the Great Tribulation.

The paradigms in Daniel shows a week, or 7 years are for the Jews to come into the Church. The first half of the seven years they are coming to Christ and into His Church and could be influenced by the 2 witnesses that are working during that time. In Revelation 12:16 we see "other offspring." Those are the Gentile Christians that are still alive, but were lukewarm, or Thyatira and pray to Mary, or believe the dead doctrines out of Sardis. They are going to be tested by this great trial and may be martyred. The Philadelphians will either be pre-trib. raptured, if that is true, but nevertheless will be protected during the GT by God.
Its not just a 'doctrine', God is clear that there will be a cut off point and declares it..
He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When men/ women choose to no longer respond to the prompting of God's Spirit.
Well I think the signs are all there, and even Christians are growing cold to its prompting..

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many ideas about when and how God will close probation, but for some it has already come as they have died, and nothing can be changed or they life altered at the point. The close of probation is the time when repentance is no longer possible, your record is complete and closed, waiting to be judged. A person's probation can close at death which has happened to all those in the grave, or when the unpardonable sin has been committed or when probation is closed for all just before the Second Coming. As long as Christ functions as high priest and mediator between God and man, mercy is available. But when Christ's work as priest and advocate has finished Christ has ceased His pleading, and probation has ended.

So for those who are teaching the false idea that God will gives everyone a second chance when life stops for them or that somewhere in the universe there is a place where, after death, or at the second coming a person has an opportunity to change from wickedness, think of the people outside the ark at the Flood. God tells us that probation will close for all and He even lays out how it will be done, lets look at Revelation 22:11..
You really don't know what you're talking about, but are just following men's doctrines from the devil. By preaching there's no hope for the deceived you are placing yourself in God's Throne instead of allowing God Himself to be The Judge. Those in Christ have NO AUTHORITY to judge anyone to condemnation. Only Lord Jesus Christ has that Authority.

You obviously do not yet realize that God is NOT going to hold accountable the deceived who do the wrong thing out of ignorance, or because He blinded them. Try to raise your children like that, which would mean to condemn them forever when they did any... wrong act.

Like Apostle Peter said, God does not wish that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You really don't know what you're talking about, but are just following men's doctrines from the devil. By preaching there's no hope for the deceived you are placing yourself in God's Throne instead of allowing God Himself to be The Judge. Those in Christ have NO AUTHORITY to judge anyone to condemnation. Only Lord Jesus Christ has that Authority.

You obviously do not yet realize that God is NOT going to hold accountable the deceived who do the wrong thing out of ignorance, or because He blinded them. Try to raise your children like that, which would mean to condemn them forever when they did any... wrong act.

Like Apostle Peter said, God does not wish that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
What does Christ Himself say, they need to repent...

Luke 13:3
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And we have what Isaiah shows in a urgent warning in Isaiah 55:7.
Isaiah 55:7
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Human beings will be separated into the wicked, who reject God's authority, the saints or genuine believers, who have put their trust in the merits of Christ through faith and live in obedience to God's law, and we will see a group who will be put with the wicked who acted or appeared to be genuine believers but are not.
Matthew 13:40-42
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. 41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; 42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

All who have truly repented of sin, claimed the blood of Christ as their atoning sacrifice, obeyed the law of God, their sins will be blotted out, and they will have eternal life. The cases considered are those of the professed people of God, judgement will begin with those in the church..
1 Peter 4:17
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

The judgment of the wicked is a distinct and separate work and is after the close of probation and the saints sit on that tribunal.

1 Corinthians 6:2
Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
Actually teh saved are chosen before the foundation of the world so probation closed then.

God is not intimate with the lost and knows them not so their probation is also closed.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does Christ Himself say, they need to repent...

Luke 13:3
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
And Lord Jesus is correct, those who STILL reject Him even to the Great White Throne Judgment day after His future 1,000 years reign, will... perish in the future "lake of fire" event per the end of Rev.20.

But has that Day already come? No! And we are not the ones who will send those who still reject The Father and The Son into that future "lake of fire", Lord Jesus ONLY has that Authority.

This means not YOU, NOR I, have the power or authority to condemn anyone to perish in the future "lake of fire".

We can say one may be in danger of perishing, but that's all. And if you look carefully at Lord Jesus' 1st coming, He was very careful to not condemn to perishing anyone at that time, but only confirm that Satan and his angels only have already been judged and sentenced to perish in the "lake of fire". Not even Judas Iscariot has been judged to perish yet today.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Lord Jesus is correct, those who STILL reject Him even to the Great White Throne Judgment day after His future 1,000 years reign, will... perish in the future "lake of fire" event per the end of Rev.20.

But has that Day already come? No! And we are not the ones who will send those who still reject The Father and The Son into that future "lake of fire", Lord Jesus ONLY has that Authority.

This means not YOU, NOR I, have the power or authority to condemn anyone to perish in the future "lake of fire".

We can say one may be in danger of perishing, but that's all. And if you look carefully at Lord Jesus' 1st coming, He was very careful to not condemn to perishing anyone at that time, but only confirm that Satan and his angels only have already been judged and sentenced to perish in the "lake of fire". Not even Judas Iscariot has been judged to perish yet today.
So He only reigns 1000 years, that doesnt sound like the gift that was promised of eternity.
2 Peter 3:8
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

John 3:15
That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So He only reigns 1000 years, that doesnt sound like the gift that was promised of eternity.
2 Peter 3:8
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

John 3:15
That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Trying to ABUSE the idea of Christ's future "thousand years" reign written in Revelation 20 shows a rebellious nature against The Word of God.

Only someone who is against God's Word would infer that Christ Jesus just reigns for that future "thousand years" and then no more.

Their MOCKING that Scripture like that actually reveals a working by another spirit.

Reactions: ChristisGod

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The close of probation is on your court paperwork. The date as determined by the court that allowed you to be on probation.

Parole is a different thing.

As pertains to God, there is no such thing as probation in the Gospel of Jesus..

Reactions: ChristisGod

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

When you decide it is. When you in truth cast your vote regarding to whom your allegiance is ie, the God of destruction or the God of salvation

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mine finally closed in 2017 or 2016 when I was on color code. Had to pay all my fines off and then was released not to long after that. Had to work hard to pay it off…

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trying to ABUSE the idea of Christ's future "thousand years" reign written in Revelation 20 shows a rebellious nature against The Word of God.

Only someone who is against God's Word would infer that Christ Jesus just reigns for that future "thousand years" and then no more.

Their MOCKING that Scripture like that actually reveals a working by another spirit.
Read your Bible as its clear that Christ after the thousand years as the saints look over the books and proclaim His judgements are true, He brings the New Jerusalem down with His saints to be on earth for eternity.
Revelation 20:4
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Then the city of God comes down to earth with the saints..

Revelation 3:12
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my newname.

Revelation 21:1-3
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.