When man helps animal. A feel good thread

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I posted a couple of stories of when i have helped animals in the past. I came across a video of a rescue that was so nice that i wanted to share it... And so i decided to open up this thread so that people can share their own animal stories and post similar kind of videos... Only wish i had recorded my experiences now... LoL... Oh well... I'll paste the two bird rescues i was involved in followed by a video that i was moved by...

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am somewhat of a bird whisperer... I always seem to come across injured or lost birds

I saw this bird in the backyard and was taken by beauty...
Its a pigeon with a colour scheme which i had never seen before...

A white head and tail with a dark body and wings.. Its got iridescent purple and green around its neck that changes and flickers from different angles in the sun

20201108-141538.jpg

I noticed it had a tag around its leg... It was somebodies pet. So i edged closer to her
Soon she was eating out of my hand and was climbing all over me...
I grabbed it slowly and put it in a spare cage with food and water
This bird was so comfortable with me, it was obviously used to being handled

20201108-141823.jpg

I never saw a bird eat sooo much, she was starving.
And the water, geez, im used to observing birds and id never seen birds drink like these guys... They usually fill their beaks and tilt their heads back to swallow it. These guys just stick their beaks in the water and gulp it up without lifting their heads... The poor thing was soo thirsty it sculled water for about 10 seconds...

20201108-142323.jpg

There was a number on the tag so i rang the owner to pick it up...
This poor bird had been lost for 7 days and had come from Geelong which is 100km away
The poor thing... When their raised at home birds often die if they escape cos they weren't taught how to feed in the wild... She was lucky there is seed laying about from the budgies i have...

That was the highlight of my day lol...

Reactions: Debp

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One morning a few years ago i was driving to the snow with a friend. It was early morning, before sunrise, when i saw something colourful on the side of the road... My friend didn't see it but i decided to go back and found this beautiful baby Crimson Rosella...
As i approached the bird it didn't even move. She lay in the gutter all twisted and mangled... I thought she was dead...
But then i noticed her eye moving and blinking... She was alive... I tried to pick her up and to my surprise she allowed it...
This is very unusual cos wild birds won't even allow humans to get close... Her body was lifeless so i folding her wings up properly...
I tried to place her on my finger but her feet were partially closed and wouldn't hold onto my finger...
20170917-070658.jpg

She hadn't been in the gutter for long... I could tell cos she was so clean... I think she may have been run over by a car that was just up ahead.
I decided to put her in a shoe box and she sat there with her tailed fanned out. I still don't know why she sat in this unnatural position.
If you look closely at her foot you can see that its folded over in a peculiar position... We got to the snow and she was still the same so we went out riding... She was the same at lunch and at the end of the day so we took her back to the hotel...
20170917-0r70725.jpg

Over the following days we saw gradually improve. We would go riding in the day and leave her at the hotel with plenty of food and water...
By the last day she was getting around and had become used to my mate and i... She would climb up our arms, fly around the room, nibble on everything and break whatever she could... All natural behaviours... I was tossing up weather or not to take her home and keep her. She was tame now, but i decided to release her at the same spot i found her during our drive back home...
20170917-070705.jpg

When we got there she wouldn't go. I tried to toss her into the direction of the trees but she would just turn back to us...
My mate said "She wants to stay with u" but I was unconvinced... Most birds have extraordinary vision in the day but under low light their vision becomes even worse than ours... I don't think she could see well enough in the dark to be able to fly away...
So i went to a tree, placed her on a branch and walked back to the car... I thought she might fly back to me but she stayed in the tree...

Crimson%20Rosellas.jpg

She would be an adult now... All of her juvenile feathers would of been replaced by the adult colour that we see in the picture above...
No more green, just black, blue and crimson... I wonder if she would remember me if she saw me again...

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I posted a couple of stories of when i have helped animals in the past. I came across a video of a rescue that was so nice that i wanted to share it... And so i decided to open up this thread so that people can share their own animal stories and post similar kind of videos... Only wish i had recorded my experiences now... LoL... Oh well... I'll paste the two bird rescues i was involved in followed by a video that i was moved by...

I don't know if you still visit this forum. But I really enjoyed your bird/animal stories. You write beautifully. The photos were great, too!