When one is deceived, does that make him a sinner?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
That's not correct. If a deceiver tricks you into committing a sin, you still committed a sin, and broke God's law.
As I said, what evil a deceived do is what makes him a sinner. But his being deceived, perhaps make him a fool, but is not what makes him a sinner.

Not that it is okay to be deceived, for when deceived, he is put in a very dangerous position, corrupted by the lies, which when he acts on it, produces nothing good, which profits him not, nor would it to others. In that, he commits sinful acts. This is why in the scriptures, especially in the NT scriptures, the apostles and writers ever so constantly reminds the church, to not be deceived.

Tong
R4849

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, what evil a deceived do is what makes him a sinner. But his being deceived, perhaps make him a fool, but is not what makes him a sinner.

Not that it is okay to be deceived, for when deceived, he is put in a very dangerous position, corrupted by the lies, which when he acts on it, produces nothing good, which profits him not, nor would it to others. In that, he commits sinful acts. This is why in the scriptures, especially in the NT scriptures, the apostles and writers ever so constantly reminds the church, to not be deceived.

Tong
R4849

Maybe you ought to review the definition of 'sin' per God's Word...

1 John 3:4
4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
KJV

Now Lord Jesus did not nail all of God's laws to His cross. That is why Apostle Paul taught the following...

1 Tim 1:8-11
8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;

9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.
KJV

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Tong2020,

I get from Scripture that if we don't love the truth, God will give us over to deception. So the initial sin is not loving the truth and deception is the result. So often sinning and deception go together.

Reactions: Davy

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just thought that not many discussions are about this subject. So I started this thread so we can share our thoughts here to others.

Thank you.

Let me start this off with a simple No answer to the question in the thread Title.

* please see post #3 for some necessary clarifications on the topic question.

Thank you.

Tong
R4704
You have to disobey a commandment to be a sinner.