When Raptured, are we there for eternity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
In the bible, it speaks of a 1000 year millenium, where Christ will reign. Is this literally 1000 years? After the rapture we are set to go to the supper (Wedding of the Lamb) but after that, are we in Heaven for eternity? or are we coming back to earth?

I watch
youtube videos of a Brother in Christ who has seen visions of the rapture and the millenium. He saw that Jesus had police that arrested people if they sinned during the 1000 years. I believe this Brother as a true prophet, and someone who has seen Jesus and his home. If you want I could give you his youtube page to spread the message The Lord Jesus is giving to people before it is too late.

Anyways, after the 1000 years is over, will we be taken back to Heaven, or will we be able to travel between Heaven and the new earth?

Thoughts......

JLB

Mar 25, 2012
In the bible, it speaks of a 1000 year millenium, where Christ will reign. Is this literally 1000 years? After the rapture we are set to go to the supper (Wedding of the Lamb) but after that, are we in Heaven for eternity? or are we coming back to earth?

I watch
youtube videos of a Brother in Christ who has seen visions of the rapture and the millenium. He saw that Jesus had police that arrested people if they sinned during the 1000 years. I believe this Brother as a true prophet, and someone who has seen Jesus and his home. If you want I could give you his youtube page to spread the message The Lord Jesus is giving to people before it is too late.

Anyways, after the 1000 years is over, will we be taken back to Heaven, or will we be able to travel between Heaven and the new earth?

Thoughts......

Are we Where? I gather by your post you seem to think Jesus comes for His Church, then does a U turn and takes everyone back to heaven?

I would like to see your scriptures on this?

Thanks, JLB

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
Are we Where? I gather by your post you seem to think Jesus comes for His Church, then does a U turn and takes everyone back to heaven?

I would like to see your scriptures on this?

Thanks, JLB
Look at my topic called "My Rapture dream 2010". I read the scripture about Being caught up with the Lord though I am new to quoting scripture. I know there is a rapture. This dream wasnt a coincedence....

JLB

Mar 25, 2012
Look at my topic called "My Rapture dream 2010". I read the scripture about Being caught up with the Lord though I am new to quoting scripture. I know there is a rapture. This dream wasnt a coincedence....

Okay, Would you be open to discuss the rapture?

Thanks, JLB

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
In the bible, it speaks of a 1000 year millenium, where Christ will reign. Is this literally 1000 years?

Yep! And it's called 'the day of The Lord' also, even "day of Christ" or "day of Jesus Christ" in some NT passages.

After the rapture we are set to go to the supper (Wedding of the Lamb) but after that, are we in Heaven for eternity? or are we coming back to earth?

The heavenly is coming... here... on earth, at Christ's coming. There's two dimensions of existence per God's Word, this earthy and the heavenly. The heavenly is a totally distinct dimension of its own, not subject to earthly matter, nor subject to the stars, moon, sun, planets, etc. The heavenly dimension exists today behind a kind of veil, a boundary God setup for the foundation of this world. God allows some to see it for His purposes (isaiah 6; Ezekiel 1). On the day of Christ's return, that veil of separation is going to removed for all peolpes and nations (Isa.25). That is why at the sounding of the "last trump" when Jesus returns, those still alive on earth will be 'changed' to the "spiritual body" type Paul described in 1 Corinthians 15. And those who have died will be resurrected to that kind of heavenly body and He will bring them with Him when He comes (1 Thess.4).

Along with that change of Christ's saints still alive on earth when He comes, we will be siezed to Him where He is returning, and that is to Jerusalem upon this earth. That's one of the subjects of Zechariah 14. That's why Rev.5:10 declares that His saints will reign "on the earth" during that thousand years.

I watch

Don't need it; God's Word already is given and describes how things will be in that time.

Thoughts......

After Christ's coming, both dimensions are going to be joined together. As per Isaiah, we will plant vineyards and build houses, living upon this earth. But that will be in the "spiritual body", which won't get sick, won't be subject to hot or cold, can live eternally, and will partake of the Tree of Life and the Waters of Life from God's River (both will be literal manifestations upon the earth; see Ezekiel 47).

JLB

Mar 25, 2012
Yep! And it's called 'the day of The Lord' also, even "day of Christ" or "day of Jesus Christ" in some NT passages.

The heavenly is coming... here... on earth, at Christ's coming. There's two dimensions of existence per God's Word, this earthy and the heavenly. The heavenly is a totally distinct dimension of its own, not subject to earthly matter, nor subject to the stars, moon, sun, planets, etc. The heavenly dimension exists today behind a kind of veil, a boundary God setup for the foundation of this world. God allows some to see it for His purposes (isaiah 6; Ezekiel 1). On the day of Christ's return, that veil of separation is going to removed for all peolpes and nations (Isa.25). That is why at the sounding of the "last trump" when Jesus returns, those still alive on earth will be 'changed' to the "spiritual body" type Paul described in 1 Corinthians 15. And those who have died will be resurrected to that kind of heavenly body and He will bring them with Him when He comes (1 Thess.4).

Along with that change of Christ's saints still alive on earth when He comes, we will be siezed to Him where He is returning, and that is to Jerusalem upon this earth. That's one of the subjects of Zechariah 14. That's why Rev.5:10 declares that His saints will reign "on the earth" during that thousand years.

Don't need it; God's Word already is given and describes how things will be in that time.

After Christ's coming, both dimensions are going to be joined together. As per Isaiah, we will plant vineyards and build houses, living upon this earth. But that will be in the "spiritual body", which won't get sick, won't be subject to hot or cold, can live eternally, and will partake of the Tree of Life and the Waters of Life from God's River (both will be literal manifestations upon the earth; see Ezekiel 47).

Like Adam and Eve were meant to live and be fruitful and multiply fruitfulness over the earth for the purpose of the knowledge of the glory of The Lord covering the earth as the waters cover the sea.

Yes i am open to discussion, after all this is a discussion forum :)

Let's look at the rapture to identify some language that will give us some understanding about this event.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-5:4

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

1 But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, "Peace and safety!" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.

Warrior,

The first thing I would draw your attention to is the fact that The Day of The Lord (Rapture) will not come as a thief in the night for me and probably not you either.

If all you glean from this discussion is that one bit of truth, you will be far ahead of most people who go to church.

Do you see this. Most people quote this scripture to teach that the coming of The Lord (rapture) is imminent, meaning it could happen at any moment, without warning or any other prophecy being fulfilled.

Thanks, JLB

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
Like Adam and Eve were meant to live and be fruitful and multiply fruitfulness over the earth for the purpose of the knowledge of the glory of The Lord covering the earth as the waters cover the sea.

Let's look at the rapture to identify some language that will give us some understanding about this event.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-5:4

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

1 But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, "Peace and safety!" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.

Warrior,

The first thing I would draw your attention to is the fact that The Day of The Lord (Rapture) will not come as a thief in the night for me and probably not you either.

If all you glean from this discussion is that one bit of truth, you will be far ahead of most people who go to church.

Do you see this. Most people quote this scripture to teach that the coming of The Lord (rapture) is imminent, meaning it could happen at any moment, without warning or any other prophecy being fulfilled.

Thanks, JLB
My friend Yes He will come, but not a theif in the night for us, because We expect Jesus to come and take us. Here is my take on it all. Listen, When I was backsliding and slipping into the world, time went by alot faster. Have you ever noticed this? Now that I have Repented and accepted Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior, Time is slower, alot slower. So many sinners dont know what is coming, it will hit them so fast........

JLB

Mar 25, 2012
My friend Yes He will come, but not a theif in the night for us, because We expect Jesus to come and take us. Here is my take on it all. Listen, When I was backsliding and slipping into the world, time went by alot faster. Have you ever noticed this? Now that I have Repented and accepted Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior, Time is slower, alot slower. So many sinners dont know what is coming, it will hit them so fast........

Brother that's great,

however we are in a discussion about the rapture. I would hope that you are willing to look at the scriptures and learn some things from the bible that you could share with your friends and family.

The first thing we have learned is that Jesus will not come as a thief in the night for you. Because you are a child of the day, not of the night.

But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. 1 Thessalonians 5:4,5

Not in darkness refers to the light of the Word of God as well as The Holy Spirit. We are shedding some light on some things right now by studying His Word to equip ourselves to be good stewards of His mysteries.

The next thing I would draw your attention to is the phrase, "Day of The Lord" here in Paul's letter to the Thessalonians.

The Day Jesus Christ returns, or "The Day of Christ" as it is sometimes referred to is when "the dead in Christ" are resurrected first then we who are alive and remain will be raptured.

Are you familiar with the term "Day of The Lord" or "Day of Christ"?

Thanks, JLB

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
Brother that's great,

however we are in a discussion about the rapture. I would hope that you are willing to look at the scriptures and learn some things from the bible that you could share with your friends and family.

The first thing we have learned is that Jesus will not come as a thief in the night for you. Because you are a child of the day, not of the night.

But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. 1 Thessalonians 5:4,5

Not in darkness refers to the light of the Word of God as well as The Holy Spirit. We are shedding some light on some things right now by studying His Word to equip ourselves to be good stewards of His mysteries.

The next thing I would draw your attention to is the phrase, "Day of The Lord" here in Paul's letter to the Thessalonians.

The Day Jesus Christ returns, or "The Day of Christ" as it is sometimes referred to is when "the dead in Christ" are resurrected first then we who are alive and remain will be raptured.

Are you familiar with the term "Day of The Lord" or "Day of Christ"?

Thanks, JLB
Yes I am familiar with that term. So what does that mean when it says "The dead in Christ are resurrected"?? How long for us? I cant wait hahah

JLB

Mar 25, 2012
Yes I am familiar with that term. So what does that mean when it says "The dead in Christ are resurrected"?? How long for us? I cant wait hahah

Let's look at this phrase The Day of The Lord or Day of Christ to find out How Long for us.

1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Warrior,

We are getting close, you won't have much longer to wait.

However, there are a few prophecies left to happen. Would you like to know which ones?

Thanks, JLB

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
Let's look at this phrase The Day of The Lord or Day of Christ to find out How Long for us.

1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Warrior,

We are getting close, you won't have much longer to wait.

However, there are a few prophecies left to happen. Would you like to know which ones?

Thanks, JLB
Yes I would like to know.

JLB

Mar 25, 2012
Yes I would like to know.

This particular passage here is Paul expounding on what Jesus said to His disciples when they asked the same question you are asking.

Take a look at this link about the Temple the Jewish Rabbis are planning to build soon. - http://www.templeinstitute.org/

Thanks, JLB

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012

This particular passage here is Paul expounding on what Jesus said to His disciples when they asked the same question you are asking.

Take a look at this link about the Temple the Jewish Rabbis are planning to build soon. - http://www.templeinstitute.org/

Thanks, JLB
Just how long until they Build this? and they havent even started? One more question. this thing has to be completely finished before the rapture? Have to stay patient yes but I dont want to wait any longer.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Just how long until they Build this? and they havent even started? One more question. this thing has to be completely finished before the rapture? Have to stay patient yes but I dont want to wait any longer.

Exactly when... that temple for the last days in Jerusalem will be built is an on-going question.

At present the leadership of the state of Israel is under the influence of the U.N. body, and the borders for Israel and Jerusalem it setup, including Islam's present control of a portion of Jerusalem and control of the Temple Mount area. At present, Israeli police will not allow the ultra-orthodox Jews to set their cornerstone for the new temple upon the Temple Mount (it's been cut and ready for a number of years now).

In the Book of Daniel, we're shown a false one coming that will establish a "league" with a small people (small group, a.k.a., politician types). Daniel 9:27 reveals that league for a period of 7 years, and then in the middle of it (after 1260 days), he will end the daily sacrifice and oblation, and instead place the abomination (idol) that maketh desolate.

The point of that is, it reveals a startup of Old Covenant style worship again with animal sacrifices. For the Jews to do that, it will require the standing of their temple. So it will have to either be built in prep for that first 1260 days period, or within that period, but before... the middle of the 7 year period when the daily sacrifice will end.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, Warrior.

In the bible, it speaks of a 1000 year millenium, where Christ will reign. Is this literally 1000 years?

Yes, this is a literal 1000-year period. That's what Yochanan and Kefa (John and Peter) said, and there's no justifiable reason to believe otherwise.

After the rapture we are set to go to the supper (Wedding of the Lamb) but after that, are we in Heaven for eternity? or are we coming back to earth?

Three things here. First, we won't leave the vicinity of the earth when we are "raptured." It is a MASS TRANSIT SYSTEM to get us quickly to the skies over the Middle East to join the Messiah in His descent to take His revenge on the enemies of His people.

Second, the "supper (Wedding of the Lamb)" takes place at the beginning of the Millennium! There's an easy way to prove this: Yeshua` (Jesus) said,...

Matthew 26:29
29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.
KJV

Mark 14:25
25 Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.
KJV

Luke 22:18
18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.
KJV

And, yet, drinking wine is an integral part of the Jewish wedding feast:

John 2:1-10
2 And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there:
2 And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.
3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.
4 Jesus saith unto her,
Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.
5 His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.
6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece.
7 Jesus saith unto them,
Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim.
8 And he saith unto them,
Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it.
9 When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,
10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

KJV

So, the conclusion is that Yeshua` would not have His wedding feast until the Kingdom has started after His return! He also made it a point to mention that He would drink it NEW in His Father's Kingdom! That implies that the wine would be from a NEW cutting and pressing of grapes!

Third, the words that have been translated "heaven," "heavens," "heavenly" and "heavenlies" refer primarily to the "sky" - the "atmosphere" around this planet we call home, not to some ethereal, nebulous place beyond the stars or in another dimension.

The Greek word translated "heaven" is "ouranos." It is the same word used in both Matthew 16:1 ("heaven") and in verses 2 and 3 ("sky"):

Matthew 16:1-4
16 The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven.
2 He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.
3 And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?
4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.
KJV

Often people will claim that the "third heaven" is "God's abode," but this comes from Rev. C. I. Scofield who wrote the reference material for the Scofield Reference Edition of the King James Version of the Bible. On page 1,238 of his Scofield Reference Edition in the marginal note for 2 Corinthians 12:2, he bluntly said that the first heaven is "of clouds"; the second heaven is "of stars"; and the third heaven is "God's abode." However, he gives NO Scriptural reference to support this view! Let me give you a BETTER view than that of Scofield:

2 Peter 3:3-13
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth
(the first heaven and first earth) standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished
(the FLOOD) :
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now
(the second heaven and second earth) , by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat
(the FIRE)?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth
(third heaven and third earth), wherein dwelleth righteousness.
KJV

Just as other prophets received visions about the future, Paul knew a person (whether himself or someone else) who likewise received a vision about the future and saw in the distant future the New Earth and its New Sky, the "third heaven."

Of the other Greek words, such as ouranothen, ouranios, and mesouraneema, they are combinations of prefixes or suffixes and ouranos. "Ouranothen" means "from ouranos." "Ouranios" means "of or related to ouranos." "Mesouraneema" means "in the middle of ouranos." And, there is ONE other that refers to some place other than "ouranos": "epouranios" which means "of or related to above-ouranos."

There are only three verses in Scripture that use the word "mesouraneema," all in Revelation: Revelation 8:13; 14:6; and 19:17:

Revelation 8:13
13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!
KJV

Revelation 14:6-7
6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
KJV

Revelation 19:17-18
17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
KJV

The first two are about an "angel" flying in the "midst of heaven"; so that doesn't help us, but the LIMITING FACTOR, like a limiting reagent in a stoichiometric chemical reaction, is the third verse. Fowls or birds fly in the "midst of heaven." Since birds do not leave our atmosphere. Therefore, the "midst of heaven" or the "middle of ouranos" still refers to our atmosphere.

Concerning "epouranios," this word is used in 1 Corinthians 15:40-41, translated "celestial":

1 Corinthians 15:40-41
40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
KJV

And, these "celestial" bodies are the sun, the moon, and the stars here! These bodies are in the area "above the ouranos." This further supports the idea that "ouranos" refers to the earth's atmosphere.

If you can accept this, then according to Hebrews 12:22, the New Jerusalem is a city "above the atmosphere." In other words, it is currently in outer space. Furthermore, it is said to descend from God "out of heaven" (Rev. 21:2), but this again is the word "ouranos!" So, it comes from God out of the atmosphere! What does that suggest? Well, there's nothing between the atmosphere and the ground; therefore, the city will LAND on the New Earth.

I watch

Thoughts......
After the 1000 years are over, we will be protected while the Fire falls, but then the Great White Throne Judgment will occur, and afterward, the Earth will be re-fashioned as the New Earth and our Atmosphere will be re-fashioned into the New Atmosphere and the New Jerusalem will land upon the New Earth and eternity begins. We won't "go to heaven" at all. Man was made for the earth and the earth for man. We'll have everything we've ever needed or wanted right here on this planet. The New Jerusalem will be our home, and the whole New Earth will be our back yard!

We'll be able to travel through the "heavens," through the skies, through the atmosphere, as we do today, but there is no Scriptural proof for a "Heaven" as "God's abode!" That's the fiction of theology forced upon us down through the years.

We were NEVER instructed in Scripture to anticipate "going to heaven," not before the Millennium nor after the Millennium. We were ALWAYS instructed to anticipate the LORD'S RETURN and OUR RESURRECTION and our NEW BODIES, "fashioned like unto His glorious body" (Phil. 3:20-21)! There's ONLY the New Earth and the New "Heaven" we'll breathe!

Consider a few verses in closing:

Luke 1:30-33
30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
KJV

Psalm 25:11-13
11 For thy name's sake, O Lord, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great.
12 What man is he that feareth the Lord? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.
13 His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth.
KJV

Psalm 37:8-11
8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.
10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.
11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
KJV

Psalm 37:18-24
18 The Lord knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.
19 They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.
20 But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the Lord shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.
21 The wicked borroweth, and payeth not again: but the righteous sheweth mercy, and giveth.
22 For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.
23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way.
24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand.
KJV

Matthew 5:3-10
3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
KJV

Thus, RIGHT HERE ON THIS PLANET (after its surface, the New Earth, is formed) is where we are to live forever. That is our destiny.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
I expect those taken will be brought back to earth. Those who endured Tribulation will rule over those who were spared the wrath of Tribulation. Being caught up in the air with Jesus and remaining with Jesus remains intact though they be caught up they also can be put back. Jesus will reign on earth so those caught up should be delivered back to earth if they are to remain with our Lord. To validate this I would say; those caught up will not taste death unles they sppointment to die is done on earth during the 1000 years of Christ's reign.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I expect those taken will be brought back to earth. Those who endured Tribulation will rule over those who were spared the wrath of Tribulation. Being caught up in the air with Jesus and remaining with Jesus remains intact though they be caught up they also can be put back. Jesus will reign on earth so those caught up should be delivered back to earth if they are to remain with our Lord. To validate this I would say; those caught up will not taste death unles they sppointment to die is done on earth during the 1000 years of Christ's reign.

Might want to study the end of Luke 17 again about the first ones "taken". They are not taken by our Lord Jesus, even as He showed by His answer to His Apostle's question of where those would be taken to.

God's wrath is not upon His people who seek Him. It will be Satan's wrath which will be upon us for the tribulation period. None are going anywhere unless they die beforehand. Those "taken" of Luke 17 are gathered to where false messiah will be (in Jerusalem).

romans7

May 30, 2012
There is a view where the 1000 years reign is not literal, but rather is the period of time between Christ's first and second coming. This is interesting because it has Christ reigning NOW and thus his church reigns with him as King's and priests now. Also involved is that the notion of two resurrections is untrue (before and after the 1000 years) which can be derived from the "first and second death". The first death is either spiritual and/or literal and refers to this current life, and the second death is the permanent one to be assigned at Christ's (second) coming. And since there will be a new heaven and earth, we will not be spending any time in heaven at all. In fact, if the bible is read properly, no one goes to heaven at any time, and the truth of this can be traced to the serpents lie "you shall not surely die". Many religions have this aspect of continuation of life after death in some form or another, but other than at resurrection this is not what the bible teaches.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
There is a view where the 1000 years reign is not literal, but rather is the period of time between Christ's first and second coming. This is interesting because it has Christ reigning NOW and thus his church reigns with him as King's and priests now.

Simple Bible study reveals that idea as impossibility though, because The LORD already gave us signs that are to manifest with His future thousand years reign, and events in the world today still... do not fit those Biblical signs, not yet. For example, the manifesting of the tree of life and the River of the waters of life in Jerusalem are two prophesied signs to manifest for Christ's Millennium reign, per Ezekiel 47 and Rev.22:14-15. Also, the "camp of the saints" and "beloved city" is to be where Jerusalem is today, which means that's where we, as Christians, are to reign with Jesus from. We certainly don't see that happening today.

Also involved is that the notion of two resurrections is untrue (before and after the 1000 years) which can be derived from the "first and second death". The first death is either spiritual and/or literal and refers to this current life, and the second death is the permanent one to be assigned at Christ's (second) coming.

That's not accurate per Scripture. The "second death" of Rev.20 is about being cast into the "lake of fire" at the END of the Rev.20 "thousand years". There's no way to get that point jumbled up if the Scripture is heeded as written.

And since there will be a new heaven and earth, we will not be spending any time in heaven at all. In fact, if the bible is read properly, no one goes to heaven at any time, and the truth of this can be traced to the serpents lie "you shall not surely die". Many religions have this aspect of continuation of life after death in some form or another, but other than at resurrection this is not what the bible teaches.

Eccl.12:5-7 teaches us that at flesh death the flesh body goes back to the earth where it came from, and the spirit goes back to God Who gave it. In 2 Corinthians 5, Apostle Paul taught the concept that to be absent from the body (flesh) is to be present with The Lord. Jesus told the malefactor he would be with Him in Paradise on that same day.

So The Bible is clear about continued existence of spirit and soul after death of the flesh, and that it involves the heavenly dimension order, but not directly to the area of God's Throne in Heaven.