When Tempted, Giving over to [Willful] Sin equates to Eternal Death, not Eternal Life.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Every person has a conscience. This is a God-given alarm bell that activates when we do something against it. If I look at a woman in a short skirt on a windy day with lust, my conscience will tell me, "That is not right! You are committing adultery in your heart!" If I am to obey my conscience then I will ask forgiveness from the Lord and strength from the Holy Spirit to keep my mind and heart clean.

When a person is convicted in their conscience, they respond in two different ways. They try to discredit what it is saying to them either through an action, or someone else reminding them that they are doing wrong, to ease their conscience. That is why there are so many acidic and abusive reactionary posts on this forum - it is because their conscience has been pricked and they don't want to obey it, and so they rubbish the person who posted the comment that has pricked it.

Or, if a person allows their own conscience to teach them right from wrong, when they hear something that activates their conscience, they will listen further and want to know more about how to ease their conscience in the right way. When Nathan challenged David about his adultery, David listened to his conscience and got right with God. But when King Ahab heard the prophecy of Michaiah and his conscience was pricked, he threw the prophet into prison and listened to his own false prophets to ease his conscience.

The mistake that many Christian workers make is to try and speak to the unsaved person's mind instead of their conscience. Asking what "god" they worship does not get to their conscience. But getting them to examine their conduct through the Ten Commandments will; because our conscience is inseparately linked to the Ten Commandments.

Those who protest that "we are not under the law", and "preaching law is just condemning people and not attracting them to Christ", are missing the Biblical statement that those who are without Christ are condemned already. Getting them to test their conduct in terms of the Ten Commandments is just reminding their consciences that they are condemned because they are not keeping the Commandments and therefore are in danger of the judgment.

This is why the majority of Christian workers are just wasting their time and effort trying to get the gospel across to the unsaved, because they are not succeeding, and often they become discouraged over the lack of results and just give up and concentrate on their church attendance and religious activities.

Sorry but I like the subtle approach and not the confrontational one that you are advocating as it does work, but it requires more time as the refurbished Salvation Gospel Covenant is introduced to them. That is the treasure that the householder is expected to bring out for others to see.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In John 10:9
All who came before Me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. 9I am the gate. If anyone enters through Me, he will be saved. He will come in and go out and find pasture
This rules out all the world society, except for the remnant !

Why did God organize this this way ? (did men choose to die instead of to live ) ?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at all.
If someone's heart is not circumcised, Any time now or then, they are not born again.

The only circumcision or uncircumcision is circumcision or uncircumcision of heart, see Romans 2:28-29.

And therefore those who are circumcised by this definition, according to Galatians 5:3-4, are debtors to do the whole law.

Those who are not under the law (Romans 5:19; Romans 6:14); or those who are uncircumcised of heart (because they are not debtors to do the whole law, being uncircumcised) are set free from sin; as Romans 5:19 tells us that the law says what it say about people who are under it; and what it says is what is written in Romans 3:10-18.

Study it out.

If I don't respond immediately to your response, it is because I have limited computer access at this time; but I will try to get to your response as soon as I can.

Also, circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing according to the scriptures that I read. And therefore to be uncircumcised of heart does not necessarily mean that a person is not born again.

See Romans 4:11.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your wrong again. Very , very , wrong. (spirit, posts, motives) as seen and revealed by God's Word.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i.e. you're posting false teachings, and defending false doctrines, from false schools.

It is not at all as if you were posting in line with all Scripture, or truth, or true teachings.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
i.e. you're posting false teachings, and defending false doctrines, from false schools.

It is not at all as if you were posting in line with all Scripture, or truth, or true teachings.

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of all in the land/kingdom?

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not with God's Word . . . rather, your word.

I stick with God's Word, not man's opinions. He clearly stated that there is difference between willful (presumptuous) sin and ignorant sin.

Hebrews 10
[26] For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
[27] But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Psalms 19
[13] Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.
[14] Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Based only on Scripture and this one post) (I do not know the history of posts/ context here)

Good!

Sticking with God's Word, ABIDING IN JESUS, HIS WORD ABIDING IN US, is as directed by the Creator, yes, perfect.

Most people have no idea what this means, and they depart from God's Word in many posts.
============================================================================
="07-07-07, post: 723348, member: 8013"]I stick with God's Word, not man's opinions. He clearly stated that there is difference between willful (presumptuous) sin and ignorant sin.

Hebrews 10
[26] For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
[27] But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Psalms 19
[13] Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.
[14] Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
[/QUOTE
================================================================================