When they awake in Hell

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's why we are here, to learn and to discern.
Blessings
J.

I have been studying Scripture Daily for eons. The number one most important and wisest lesson I have learned and trust...and probably has made me one of Gods biggest constant pests....
Is read, study, continually and ask God What His Words Mean.
I trust God IS faithful and gives to me what I ask for.

Proverbs 2:
[6] For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

Glory to God,
Taken

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The thing Gods puts His life in or removes His life from....is the “thing” that lives or dies.

Guess we need to keep on studying since we are resorting to worldly oratory not found in Scripture?
Blessings
J.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • Sheol (Hebrew: שְׁאוֹל – "underworld", "Hades"; "grave")
  • Abaddon (Hebrew: אֲבַדּוֹן – "doom", "perdition")
  • Be'er Shachat (Hebrew: בְּאֵר שַׁחַת, Be'er Shachath – "pit of corruption")

Hell in Christianity - Wikipedia

Interesting read
    J.

Hell is PLACE, IN the Heart of the Earth, center, unseen, called by names according to ones language. Additional names rather describe the Place, and also additional names describe the occupants or experiences of the occupants.
Hell being unseen by living men, stirs the curiosity Moreno (IMO), about the occupants.

Alley Oop

Mar 30, 2022
Western Hemisphere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • Sheol (Hebrew: שְׁאוֹל – "underworld", "Hades"; "grave")
  • Abaddon (Hebrew: אֲבַדּוֹן – "doom", "perdition")
  • Be'er Shachat (Hebrew: בְּאֵר שַׁחַת, Be'er Shachath – "pit of corruption")

Hell in Christianity - Wikipedia

Interesting read
    J.
Are you Inside or Outside the "Gates of Hell"?

Matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guess we need to keep on studying since we are resorting to worldly oratory not found in Scripture?
Blessings
J.

Not so.
God’s creating, giving life, taking life away is Scriptural.

Gen 2:7
Duet 32:39

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Are you Inside or Outside the "Gates of Hell"?

Matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it

Was Petros the TSUR...πέτρᾳ?

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The topic was "cessation" after death.
Is it biblical?
Guess if it is not, I can live like the world, "live it up" eat, drink and be merry for there will be no consequences..not so?
This is a lazy argument because nobody was arguing that there wasn't going to be any accountability. This is about whether or not a person goes to a place of eternal torment after they die, and the Bible says there isn't such a place. The Bible consistently teaches that the condemned will be permanently destroyed by fire.

Jhn 3:16 is simultaneously the most often quoted and least understood passage in the entire Bible. Jesus said a person has to possess faith in Him to receive eternal life, and that the people who refuse to do so will PERISH. Nobody should be confused about what the word "perish" means. It means the person is dead and gone, not alive somewhere else.

The eternal torture doctrine clearly contradicts Jesus saying that a person has to believe in Him in order to live forever.

Alley Oop

Mar 30, 2022
Western Hemisphere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a lazy argument because nobody was arguing that there wasn't going to be any accountability. This is about whether or not a person goes to a place of eternal torment after they die, and the Bible says there isn't such a place. The Bible consistently teaches that the condemned will be permanently destroyed by fire.

Jhn 3:16 is simultaneously the most often quoted and least understood passage in the entire Bible. Jesus said a person has to possess faith in Him to receive eternal life, and that the people who refuse to do so will PERISH. Nobody should be confused about what the word "perish" means. It means the person is dead and gone, not alive somewhere else.

The eternal torture doctrine clearly contradicts Jesus saying that a person has to believe in Him in order to live forever.

bill graham "perished" unless he had a fake funeral.
i know of no one who has attained "eternal life" yet, everyone is dying like dirty dogs in the "Wide Gate to Destruction" - matt 7:13, from living after the flesh - roman 8:13.

there is a remnant coming though . .

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
i know of no one who has attained "eternal life" yet,

1Jn_4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
1Jn_4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
1Jn_5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
1Jn_5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life...you say no, the scriptures says yes..and God is not the Author of confusion.

and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of
1Jn_5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Alley Oop

Mar 30, 2022
Western Hemisphere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Jn_4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
1Jn_4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
1Jn_5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
1Jn_5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life...you say no, the scriptures says yes..and God is not the Author of confusion.

and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of
1Jn_5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
i'd wager you plan on dying physically too ("perishing") -
have you picked out your coffin or will you be cremated?

Alley Oop

Mar 30, 2022
Western Hemisphere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say believers in Christ have not eternal life (Present Tense) right now?
How did you come to that conclusion?
if their spirit is born-again, they have that imperishable seed in them, but if they live after the flesh they will die, like Romans 8:13.
In addition, the greek phrase, 'Zoe Aionious' should be translated "The Life of the AGES", not Eternal Life.
there is a difference.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
not Eternal Life.
there is a difference.

ζωὴν αἰώνιον...

Original: αἰώνιος
- Transliteration: Aionios
- Phonetic: ahee-o’-nee-os
- Definition:
1. without beginning and end, that which always has been and always will be..... you know what HAYA means?
2. without beginning
3. without end, never to cease, everlasting
- Origin: from G165
- TDNT entry: 04:28,3
- Part(s) of speech: Adjective
- Strong’s: From G165; perpetual (also used of past time or past and future as well): - eternal for ever everlasting world (began).
Total KJV Occurrences: 47

Joh_12:25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Joh_17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Joh_17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Act_13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Rom_2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

Are you familiar with the morphology and Syntax of both Hebrew and Greek?
If you are then it stands to reason Christ Jesus never had a beginning nor end, life eternal and IN Him so have we yes?

Alley Oop

Mar 30, 2022
Western Hemisphere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ζωὴν αἰώνιον...

Original: αἰώνιος
- Transliteration: Aionios
- Phonetic: ahee-o’-nee-os
- Definition:
1. without beginning and end, that which always has been and always will be..... you know what HAYA means?
2. without beginning
3. without end, never to cease, everlasting
- Origin: from G165
- TDNT entry: 04:28,3
- Part(s) of speech: Adjective
- Strong’s: From G165; perpetual (also used of past time or past and future as well): - eternal for ever everlasting world (began).
Total KJV Occurrences: 47

Joh_12:25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Joh_17:2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Joh_17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Act_13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Rom_2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

Are you familiar with the morphology and Syntax of both Hebrew and Greek?
If you are then it stands to reason Christ Jesus never had a beginning nor end, life eternal and IN Him so have we yes?
wrong again. get yourself some more scholarly sources