When they awake in Hell

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When they awake in Hell
they will realise they are not dead but living in 2022.......for the dead know nothing.

Ecclesiastes 9:5-6
For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even the memory of them is forgotten. Their love, their hate and their jealousy have long since vanished; never again will they have a part in anything that happens under the sun.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I always find that it’s interesting to consider the time frame in which these messages were preached. The culture at the time and the generation. The Hell and brimstone era came to mind as I listened, Victorian England, and it over flowed into the era of my parents
People often lived by ‘ rules ‘ rather than conviction and an outpouring of the Holy Spirit ( although not all )
The strict baptists who told a friend of mine she was condemned to hell for wearing lipstick or wearing jeans, or having nail varnish on ……….Many lived lives of ‘ Sunday morning Christians ‘ ‘christenings’ and ‘ prayers at bedtime …………
You know I came to faith through my own fear of hell…..dabbled with the occult as a teenager in a miner way and had a great fear of Satan……….it was when I was 23 that the Holy Spirit started to work in my life and led me to find out about Jesus, the cross ect ect ..I came to faith six months later xx
Rita

Reactions: Lambano and Helen

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I always find that it’s interesting to consider the time frame in which these messages were preached. The culture at the time and the generation. The Hell and brimstone era came to mind as I listened, Victorian England, and it over flowed into the era of my parents
People often lived by ‘ rules ‘ rather than conviction and an outpouring of the Holy Spirit ( although not all )
The strict baptists who told a friend of mine she was condemned to hell for wearing lipstick or wearing jeans, or having nail varnish on ……….Many lived lives of ‘ Sunday morning Christians ‘ ‘christenings’ and ‘ prayers at bedtime …………
You know I came to faith through my own fear of hell…..dabbled with the occult as a teenager in a miner way and had a great fear of Satan……….it was when I was 23 that the Holy Spirit started to work in my life and led me to find out about Jesus, the cross ect ect ..I came to faith six months later xx
Rita
Yes, God will pull us out of any garbage dump but does that mean Christians need to create garbage dumps?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not sure what you mean, I am a year older today so my brain is losing more grey cells !! Lol
Oh Rita, I can accomodate that!.....hippy barthday anyway :)

What I mean is, we can fabricate doctrines of people frying for eternity if they don't jump through our hoops (of course we give God the blame by saying they are his, piously quoting chapter and verse) putting the fear into them .....and God will pull us out of the fear not because he put fear into us, but because well meaning but mistaken people did.

God draws with chords of love.....there is no darkness in him.....he keeps no record of wrongs......contrary to what many want to insist on.

Jesus gave his life when we thought we were taking it!

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh Rita, I can accomodate that!.....hippy barthday anyway :)

What I mean is, we can fabricate doctrines of people frying for eternity if they don't jump through our hoops (of course we give God the blame by saying they are his, piously quoting chapter and verse) putting the fear into them .....and God will pull us out of the fear not because he put fear into us, but because well meaning but mistaken people did.

God draws with chords of love.....there is no darkness in him.....he keeps no record of wrongs......contrary to what many want to insist on.

Jesus gave his life when we thought we were taking it!
Thank you , I get what you are saying now, and I agree xx

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you think of cessation once planted..that is wrong.
What do you do with Ecclesiastes 9:5-6 if you don't ignore it ......which I'm assuming you wouldn't?

For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even the memory of them is forgotten. Their love, their hate and their jealousy have long since vanished; never again will they have a part in anything that happens under the sun.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Luke 16:23
and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side.

Revelation 14:10-11
he also will drink the wine of God's wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.”

Revelation 20:10
and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

King James Bible Dictionary - Reference List - Gehenna

John 5:28-29 - Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. (Verses like John 5:28)

Think I have given you enough scriptures to prove your theory false.

No cessation...everlasting torments
Heb_9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:....everlasting life...everlasting damnation

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Luke 16:23
and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side.

Revelation 14:10-11
he also will drink the wine of God's wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.”

Revelation 20:10
and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

King James Bible Dictionary - Reference List - Gehenna

John 5:28-29 - Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. (Verses like John 5:28)

Think I have given you enough scriptures to prove your theory false.

No cessation...everlasting torments
Heb_9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:....everlasting life...everlasting damnation
you are only pitting scripture again scripture Johaan. You are not explaining Ecclesiastes 9:5-6.....or should I assume you just ignore it?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
you are only pitting scripture again scripture Johaan. You are not explaining Ecclesiastes 9:5-6.....or should I assume you just ignore it?

1Co_2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Mat_18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

Don't hen-pick scriptures friend and do not compromise.

You haven't read a thing I have given you as it stands written in Scriptures.

Everlasting life (for believers in Christ) everlasting damnation (for those who heard the gospel and turned their backs on the Christ, not counting the cost...the demons believe, and they tremble, we are to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling...you not trembling?
Cracking jokes?

J.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1Co_2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Mat_18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

Don't hen-pick scriptures friend and do not compromise.

You haven't read a thing I have given you as it stands written in Scriptures.

Everlasting life (for believers in Christ) everlasting damnation (for those who heard the gospel and turned their backs on the Christ, not counting the cost...the demons believe, and they tremble, we are to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling...you not trembling?
Cracking jokes?

J.
I have never understood why complicated minds cannot understand simple questions yet are willing to cast blame.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I have never understood why complicated minds cannot understand simple questions yet are willing to cast blame.

Don't argue with me, argue your case before the living, holy God before Whom we are going to give a account of.
J.
In case you did not know, unbelievers has been judged already and here we are talking about people who heard the good news and rejected it as dung.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Don't argue with me, argue your case before the living, holy God before Whom we are going to give a account of.
J.
In case you did not know, unbelievers has been judged already and here we are talking about people who heard the good news and rejected it as dung.
I wonder whether the question will arise why you didn't answer a simple question when you had the opportunity to discover more than you currently understand?

Last edited: