When we are born.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Am not the one saying "we are complete" I am saying we all need to grow in Grace, so no this is not me for I am not comparing you to me but you to Christ and myself to Christ. Think about it this way, the problem is in your doctrine in this post which promotes spiritual smugness.

Scroll back for a few minutes . . . cast backward in your mind . . . take a look at all the negative opinions of me you've expressed. I'm not talking about comparisons.

You've made direct negative comments, "You can't handle . . .", or "you are blind to . . ." you know, all that sort of stuff people in their flesh say. Not to mention ALL the innuendo. These words don't come from the Spirit.

Just think about.

I'm going to leave you to it for awhile I think, unless you have something to say to me that will let me believe you want to have a real conversation. I'm not sure that is possible.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is a sapling a full grown fruit producing tree? No it must mature and grow in order to produce fruit. This is our Spiritual journey, we never stop growing or producing fruit if we do we are dying. Jesus uses this illustration in John 15:1-5 I suggest you read this.
Apples and oranges.

We are complete in Him.

He was given us all things that pertain to life and godliness.

If we can both accept that these statements are true, that will be progress.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scroll back for a few minutes . . . cast backward in your mind . . . take a look at all the negative opinions of me you've expressed. I'm not talking about comparisons.

You've made direct negative comments, "You can't handle . . .", or "you are blind to . . ." you know, all that sort of stuff people in their flesh say. Not to mention ALL the innuendo. These words don't come from the Spirit.

Just think about.

I'm going to leave you to it for awhile I think, unless you have something to say to me that will let me believe you want to have a real conversation. I'm not sure that is possible.

It is your doctrine that I am criticizing and the fruit it is producing in you. You can deny this all you want, for ignorance is bliss, or you can act upon this conviction and grow and mature in Christ, the choice is yours. Remain where you are or grow?

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apples and oranges.

We are complete in Him.

He was given us all things that pertain to life and godliness.

If we can both accept that these statements are true, that will be progress.

Much love!

He has more to give us that we have yet to fully comprehend, the unsearchable riches of His grace, can you agree with this?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is your doctrine that I am criticizing and the fruit it is producing in you. You can deny this all you want, for ignorance is bliss, or you can act upon this conviction and grow and mature in Christ, the choice is yours. Remain where you are or grow?

"You are an alcoholic!"

"No, I'm not."

"SEE! Denial!"

Sigh.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. John 15: 1-8

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is your doctrine that I am criticizing and the fruit it is producing in you.
Ask my wife what fruit is being produced in me. Ask my friends, my coworks, fellow believers. Those who know me.

You've never met me, you've demonstrated little in the way of bounderies, or understanding, by you are the one to judge my fruit?

I would call that hubris.

And ye are complete in Him.

He has given us all things that pertain to life, and godliness.

Do you believe these statements from Scripture are true?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe some people think I use words as lightly as they do.

Hmmm.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"You are an alcoholic!"

"No, I'm not."

"SEE! Denial!"

Sigh.

My Criticism at the outset was of the doctrine, not the person. In so doing I was forced to discuss the fruit of this doctrine which you see as accusation against you which in reality is the conviction of the Holy Ghost, which you blame me for being judgmental of you because of your desire to quench the Spirit. In Other words, instead of admitting you might be wrong you blame me as your scapegoat so that you can avoid the conviction of the Holy Ghost.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Criticism at the outset was of the doctrine, not the person. In so doing I was forced to discuss the fruit of this doctrine which you see as accusation against you which in reality is the conviction of the Holy Ghost, which you blame me for being judgmental of you because of your desire to quench the Spirit. In Other words, instead of admitting you might be wrong you blame me as your scapegoat so that you can avoid the conviction of the Holy Ghost.

SIGH!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cute wording, but no cigar.

You set yourself as a judge of me because I disagree with you. More that you cannot seem to reconcile a couple of passages. So you turned on me.

He has given us all things that pertain to life and godliness.

I wish you could believe this is true!

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cute wording, but no cigar.

You set yourself as a judge of me because I disagree with you. More that you cannot seem to reconcile a couple of passages. So you turned on me.

I wish you could believe this is true!

Read John 15 Again, especially verses 2-3 A branch that is producing fruit must be purged (Pruned) so that it can produce more fruit. Now think of the Parable of the talents. What happened to the one who hid the talent away and did nothing with it? Matthew 25:14-30

Yes, we are already clean by the blood of Jesus, But we are then to be purged/pruned to produce more fruit. That is what progressive sanctification is, The purging of a fruit producing branch to produce more fruit.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

@David H.

Do you believe this statements are true? God said both of them. The contexts support the plain reading. Do you believe these are true?

You have stedfastly avoided answering.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read John 15 Again, especially verses 2-3 A branch that is producing fruit must be purged (Pruned) so that it can produce more fruit. Now think of the Parable of the talents. What happened to the one who hid the talent away and did nothing with it? Matthew 25:14-30

Yes, we are already clean by the blood of Jesus, But we are then to be purged/pruned to produce more fruit. That is what progressive sanctification is, The purging of a fruit producing branch to produce more fruit.

Nothing here changes the reality of God's Truth.

and did nothing with it?

The only one saying that is you.

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Is a sapling a full grown fruit producing tree? No it must mature and grow in order to produce fruit. This is our Spiritual journey, we never stop growing or producing fruit if we do we are dying. Jesus uses this illustration in John 15:1-5 I suggest you read this.

Everyone here is involved in growing in Grace and working on their discipleship.
What are you doing about yours?
We realize that your "ministry" is to tell us that we are all do nothings, and God sent you here to tell us....is your fantasy.
We had another one of those here not long ago, who, like you, goes from forum to forum telling all believers they are doing nothing.
That was Gideon. He came, he went.
I first met him on Worthy, where you use to hang out, as well.
You're gone from there, he's gone from there, because the Mods had enough.
So....
Do you have anything to tell us that is useful, that you didn't make up?

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is what progressive sanctification is, The purging of a fruit producing branch to produce more fruit.
Rather, "progressive sanctification" is a personal description of their perceptions of them self, and others. Someone seems "more holy", so they are being "progressively made more holy".

We should stay with Biblical terms, such as, being transformed by the renewing of our minds.

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The Problem is you are looking for the "unity of the Mind" Not the unity of the Spirit. .

David.

let me show you how to build a huge "christian" monument to yourself.
Just do this.
Build a nice building.
Have a nice parking lot, that has ease of use.....easy to get in and out of, whether coming or going.
Choose a worship team that is made up of attractive women, none over 35.
Then preach, "health" and "wealth".
You'll have a huge church.
However, God wont be in it with you.

Also, when i come to forums, im not looking for agreement.
See, if everyone agrees, then there is no need for Teachers.
If everyone was on the same page, then just close the book and lets go fishing.
But, that is not the reality.
Forums are hotbeds of heresy, and so, i come to confront it.
What happens is that over time, the first group of haters, become silent, then the next group of haters become silent, and this continues....this same pattern.
And why the silence? Because they are reading and thinking, and not just jumping up and down.
That is how it happens when i teach on a forum.
I get these waves of people who yell then yell less, then just read.
And in that reading, God is doing the work.
See, i can't do THAT.. I can't do God's part.
I just seed. He waters.
Same as any evangelist.

When i come to a forum, Im looking for "right believing".
I find the few that do, and i encourage them and they spark and shine, and grow.
Maybe they dont know a lot of deeper spirituality, but, that is not as important as the MESSAGE. See, if their message is the CROSS and the BLOOD OF JESUS, and they stay there, then God brings the depth to them, over time.....as long as they stay with the foundation, which is Grace. Hebrews 13:9
As that is the Unity of the Spirit and the Spirit's Call.

All things by God are "faith", and that happens by BELIEF....and when your believing is wrong, your faith is broken and your theology is as well.
So....When all have the same "mind of Christ", then all are unified Spiritually.
This is why i teach so much about this, in Threads, and everywhere i go.

The Bible says that if 2 are not "agreed", then there is no further relationship.
Why do most divorce documents say....>"irreconcilable DIFFERENCES"........= that means....>"we can't ever agree and all we do is FIGHT and FIGHT !!!".

And so, right believing... this is even more important regarding theology and spirituality.
However, Do not look for agreement in the end times.
Look for mass confusion and apostasy from RIGHT BELIEVING.
Look around.
Its been here for quite a while.

So, as i said in the last post to you..... you are trying to distance yourself from your last post that started our conversation, by talking about everything else now.
You can't even go back to your original point and try to correct it, or the 2nd that was worse..... as both are so ridiculous and theologically mistaken.
So, you now will just talk about everything else, instead.
Want to talk to me about the weather in Odessa in the next post?
Maybe you could get that right. (do a Google search)

So, all that is called a "DODGE".
And you are a PROFESSIONAL.

See, as i told you, there is no verse in the BIBLE that says that the believers will be doing more miracles then Christ, once we come to the unity of ANYtHING.
Try to understand that the "church" is in final apostasy, and we are in the end times, and when you do NEXT see the Bride of Christ in full unity, will be when we are in the SKY with the GROOM.

Revelation 22:20

Selah

Last edited:

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, when i come to forums, im not looking for agreement.
That is an outright lie. If someone holds to a different set of teachings than you, you are quick to call them a heretic or a legalist or what have you, Gideon is one of many examples of this, for which you yourself was suspended off of Worthy forum, So do not condemn me for the same crime you committed there. That being said, I have fought heresy on forums longer than you have, and have dealt with atheists and Muslim apologists and all manner of cult adherents in the past, and I know how to test the Spirit in a person and have in the past and am quick to correct them when they are exposed. In Fact just before coming to this forum I did this with a former participant on this Forum who was a non trinitarian, Who I thought was making some valid points @ Worthy that were being ignored so I wanted to have an open discussion on another Forum and invited him there.

There are the doctrines of the faith that unite all true believers, and then there are the doctrines that are non essentials that divide believers. You are quick to condemn a person who believes in conditional security, and in so doing are excluding a large segment of Christians who see that as scriptural (Namely most of the Wesleyan churches). I As a Baptist who believes in eternal security can see that there is a reason for this doctrine and why it is written in scriptures so that we do not get complacent and fall into textualism as you have done, and as the Hebrew people did, That through our Christian journey we can come to Know with certainty (Blessed assurance) that we are his children not just because of Doctrine but because of relationship, Or as the Old southern methodists used to say "To make those who are partly saved have a real old time conversion".

What happens is that over time, the first group of haters, become silent, then the next group of haters become silent, and this continues....this same pattern.
Yet after years of false accusation against me you have failed to silence me, and actually what i have seen is a refusal on your part to respond in a civil manner to the comments i have written to you. I Happen to agree with much of your theology, but not your attitude towards others who disagree with your theology. Your attitude is part of the problem on forums, not the solution. You are quick to condemn fellow Christians, your brothers and sisters in Christ whether they be Methodists, or Calvinists or Catholics or Baptists or Charismatics..... Yes they all have errors, But they also have truths that you are missing out on. God did not give you all the truth and them only some of the truth, He gave all of us what we could handle, that we would come together in fellowship and love and learn the whole truth (We all know in part). It takes a man to admit that they do not Know it all, and it takes a greater man to listen to those who have differing views and learn from one another..... It is cowardice, and easy to condemn those who do not agree with you, for it is like an excuse to not be convicted and learn from them.

When i come to a forum, Im looking for "right believing".
Again, You define right believing your way, Others have their way to describe it, Each of us are different, each sees things differently, the reason why you sound like Satan when discussing the Church is because you do not see the depth of God's plan for the Body of Christ. We are not all arms, or all legs to use Paul's analogy but are all part of the same body. The diversity of the body is what makes the Body a body. You wish to surround yourself with all who are the same as you and call that the unity of the Spirit, which is not how God designed the church, and until you see this, you will continue sound like Satan and preach that Word of God will return void contrary to what God said in Isaiah 55:11. Yes, there is a falling away, an apostacy, but this is a good thing when rightly understood, for it is the removal of the dross from the church and will refine her for what is to come. It is just like what I preach about us all being Laodiceans, this is no insult, But with this "sickest" and "least" of the churches is the greatest of rewards to the Overcomer, for they overcome as Christ overcame, which means they will perform greater works than even he did in his ministry on earth.... think about that.

See, as i told you, there is no verse in the BIBLE that says that the believers will be doing more miracles then Christ, once we come to the unity of ANYtHING.

It is called being of one accord:
G3661 Homothymadon
  1. with one mind, with one accord, with one passion

A unique Greek word, used 10 of its 12 New Testament occurrences in the Book of Acts, helps us understand the uniqueness of the Christian community. Homothumadon is a compound of two words meaning to "rush along" and "in unison". The image is almost musical; a number of notes are sounded which, while different, harmonize in pitch and tone. As the instruments of a great concert under the direction of a concert master, so the Holy Spirit blends together the lives of members of Christ's church.

And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. (Acts 2:1)

And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved. (Acts 2:46-47)

And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch. (Acts 5:12)

It is this being in one accord that enabled the works to occur that were greater works....And I BELIEVE this will be the case in the end times When we will shine like stars in the firmament (Daniel 12:3) And when we tread the wicked as ashes under the soles of our feet (Malachi 4:3), These things are all empowered, "not by power or by might but By His Spirit" (Zech. 4:6)

So You see, It is you that are lacking faith in this regard. So as you can see, I did answer your question, you just did not like my answer and it is you who dodged responding to it, and instead went on your little tirade of how right you are.

Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: (Ephesians 4:13)

Will you admit you are wrong? I doubt it, But God will silence you by exposing the darkness within you.