When we are born.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Become saints?

That's what happens when you are reborn.

Scripture please.

I Wrote a whole post on this which you interacted with me on in the past with all the scriptural support for this, but you could not see it then, Just like you cannot now.

Faith is the starting point of the Christian journey, He has more gifts to bestow on us his children if we but seek them.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
upload_2021-5-7_11-30-42.png

Blatant Misrepresentation.

That was not what I was responding to.

I truly believe you would gain if you were to seek to understand why you need to do that.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what I have been saying all along and now you are finally "hearing", so yes we are finally making progress.
Are you then no longer waiting for a future outpouring so that you will be able fulfill God's intent in your life? Do you see that God has given you all you need, and that we just need to grow into it? That we need to learn to consistenly walk in the Spirit He's ALREADY given us?

Much love!

Reactions: HisLife

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
cessationism is a "thing" because the church has become powerless because she is not of One accord.

Blatant Misrepresentation.

That was not what I was responding to.

Point being you are ignoring half of my comments while being offended by the other half. You are ignoring and dodging valid points so that you can show offence and muster sympathy for your view..... It does not work for me, and I am sure others can see this as well.

You complain about me not responding with scripture, yet you ignore the scriptural points I am making, in order to paint me in a negative light which is misrepresenting every point i make. Think about it, what did Jesus say, take the Log out of your own eye first.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Point being you are ignoring half of my comments while being offended by the other half.

Point being, you stop at no unfair tactic to make me look bad, because you lack answers.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we are born, we are fully human. We have all our parts, but we don't know how to use them. And we aren't as strong as we will be.

When we are born again, we are fully God's spirit children. We have all our parts, but we don't know how to use them. And we aren't as strong as we will be.

So we aren't told to become the New Man, that's already been accomplished for us. But we are told to put on the new man, and the more we do that, the stronger he becomes.

There is a significant difference in hoping to become someone better, and learning how to be the better person we have already become.

Are we waiting for something we don't think we have yet?

Or will we walk in faith, believing in things we do not see?

Much love!

Reactions: HisLife

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you then no longer waiting for a future outpouring so that you will be able fulfill God's intent in your life? Do you see that God has given you all you need, and that we just need to grow into it? That we need to learn to consistenly walk in the Spirit He's ALREADY given us?

He has more to give us, the second work of the Holy Spirit, Purging a tree that is producing fruit into one that is more fruitful. Do You wish to be more fruitful? Then you need to learn to run the race not just stand at the starting line claiming you are winning.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Point being, you stop at no unfair tactic to make me look bad, because you lack answers.

My Goal is not to make you look bad, but to encourage you to grow your faith, to run the race we all are running and not to remain in that place of complacency with where you are at. I would rather rejoice with a brother who is embracing the high calling of God in Christ.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you need to learn to run the race not just stand at the starting line claiming you are winning.

And another ridiculous and meaningless statement, written in ignorance, with only one goal.

I'm sorry, I just don't see this changing.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's another . . . judging hearts and minds . . .

You worrying about how you "look" shows the immaturity of where you are at.... I say this knowing it is hard for you to hear this and it will offend you, but it spoken as one who wishes for your growth. Ie., Tough love.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You worrying about how you "look" shows the immaturity of where you are at.... I say this knowing it is hard for you to hear this and it will offend you, but it spoken as one who wishes for your growth. Ie., Tough love.
I wouldn't be mistaking this for actually content.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the second work of the Holy Spirit,
Waiting . . . and waiting . . . and waiting . . . and waiting . . .

Or . . .

Living for God now.

Be it to you according to your faith.

Much love!