When we are born.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather, "progressive sanctification" is a personal description of their perceptions of them self, and others. Someone seems "more holy", so they are being "progressively made more holy".

And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred. Mark 4:20 If God is the one that grants the growth and determines how much fruit is produced, Then there is no way that this should result in self righteousness, when fruit is being produced, Only rejoicing for all who are part of the body of Christ. My Hope and prayer is that you may become fruitful in your ministry than I have been and i will share in your joy then.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing here changes the reality of God's Truth.

What this shows is that there is a work of purging (pruning) Done by God after we are made clean (instant sanctification) Which is the biblical basis for Progressive sanctification. See Mark 4:20 Above. Renewing your mind is a part of that purging process, there is more to it than Just that.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
That is an outright lie. .

i dont lie, and i'll reiterate for you, David.
I dont come to forums to hang out and have fun.
I come to work.
I do more work on this forum, then anyone.
I write more Threads, i respond to more posts, and my posts, teach.
THats what i do.
So...
This means im not looking for agreement, im looking to help.
Im looking to take a believer from heresy to truth, or to take a believer deeper into God.
In your case, im here to contradict your deceit, and not just you.
Some people are hardened beyond help, so, in those cases, i just highlight and call out, and contradict.
You certainly know that to be true.
So...
The Agreement comes or it doesn't, per person, depending on who has taught them, what they believe.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i dont lie, and i'll reiterate for you, David.
I dont come to forums to hang out and have fun.
I come to work.
I do more work on this forum, then anyone.
I write more Threads, i respond to more posts, and my posts, teach.
THats what i do.
So...
This means im not looking for agreement, im looking to help.
Im looking to take a believer from heresy to truth, or to take a believer deeper into God.
In your case, im here to contradict your deceit, and not just you.
Some people are hardened beyond help, so, in those cases, i just highlight and call out, and contradict.
You certainly know that to be true.
So...
The Agreement comes or it doesn't, per person, depending on who has taught them, what they believe.

Once again, a failure to respond to the scriptural points made in my comment.
Who is the one who is dodging here???????

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very self-revelatory.

This shows how you see yourself.

Why are you dodging the points i made as well? Here let me repeat them for you:

Rather, "progressive sanctification" is a personal description of their perceptions of them self, and others. Someone seems "more holy", so they are being "progressively made more holy".
And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred. Mark 4:20 If God is the one that grants the growth and determines how much fruit is produced, Then there is no way that this should result in self righteousness, when fruit is being produced, Only rejoicing for all who are part of the body of Christ. My Hope and prayer is that you may become fruitful in your ministry than I have been and i will share in your joy then.

What this shows is that there is a work of purging (pruning) Done by God after we are made clean (instant sanctification) Which is the biblical basis for Progressive sanctification. See Mark 4:20 Above. Renewing your mind is a part of that purging process, there is more to it than Just that.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is called being of one accord:
G3661 Homothymadon
  1. with one mind, with one accord, with one passion

A unique Greek word, used 10 of its 12 New Testament occurrences in the Book of Acts, helps us understand the uniqueness of the Christian community. Homothumadon is a compound of two words meaning to "rush along" and "in unison". The image is almost musical; a number of notes are sounded which, while different, harmonize in pitch and tone. As the instruments of a great concert under the direction of a concert master, so the Holy Spirit blends together the lives of members of Christ's church.
G3661 - homothymadon - Strong's Greek Lexicon (KJV) (blueletterbible.org)

And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. (Acts 2:1)

And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved. (Acts 2:46-47)

And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch. (Acts 5:12)

It is this being in one accord that enabled the works to occur that were greater works....And I BELIEVE this will be the case in the end times When we will shine like stars in the firmament (Daniel 12:3) And when we tread the wicked as ashes under the soles of our feet (Malachi 4:3), These things are all empowered, "not by power or by might but By His Spirit" (Zech. 4:6)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, a failure to respond to the scriptural points made in my comment.
Who is the one who is dodging here???????

Colossians 2:8-12 KJV
8) Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10) And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11) In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12) Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

2 Peter 1:2-4 KJV
2) Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
3) According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4) Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

8) Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
10) And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11) In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12) Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

This passage remains true.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2 Peter 1:2-4 KJV
2) Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
3) According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4) Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

I am answering this query for you, you just do not like my answer because you do not agree with it. It should answer your question in your post entitled "righteousness and Holiness" As well.

Let me put it simply for you. We begin our Christian journey being complete, from there we are purged so that we can be more fruitful, this is Progressive sanctification. For you this completeness is all there is, for me this completeness is just the start of the Journey to sainthood... Holiness.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This passage remains true.

We have all we need in Christ as new born babes, But he has more to give us, His sons and daughters by adoption if we will receive them. My Parents gave me Life but they did not stop there, they fed me and nurtured me, and gave me skills that help me in my life to be free and independent and also pass on those traits to my children. Now some parents just make babies and do nothing for them after wards, but that is not how God is, He loves us and cares for us and we in response can only cry "Abba, Father". For he not only gives us life, But abundant life.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you just do not like my answer
Persisting in your false narrative, I see . . .

What do we call it when people speak falsely of others?

?

It's much easier to toss out empty statements like this, than to understand my statements, and give a real response. Isn't it?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For you this completeness is all there is,
Well, back to utter nonsense.

Again . . . consider your need to continue to impugne those whom you know not, of things which you know not.

You need not feel like you've dug in so deep you can't go back. If you were to accept that you've got the wrong idea here, or at least be open to that possibility, we'll dial it all back in a heartbeat, I have no desire to hold onto things that are past.

I'm not waiting for some future outpouring before I can start walking in the Spirit, and allowing the Holy Spirit to produce His fruit in my life. We do this now in faith, not then as an excuse for not doing it now.

I trust in God's promise. I am completely new. I am complete in Him. I have all I need for life and godliness. These are all true.

Regardless of how often you turn the discussion towards me as person, these things remain true.

For such an amazing reality, all you can seem to say is, "So for you that's all there is!"

You've been made new. Now go and live new.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're making progress!

This is what I have been saying all along and now you are finally "hearing", so yes we are finally making progress. From comment #24

This is what progressive sanctification Is.
Justification: I have been saved from the penalty of sin. This is the identity we have in Him that 1 John 3:1-3 is speaking of (What we are now)
Sanctification: I am being saved from the power of sin. This is the Purification 1 John 3:1-3 is speaking of (The process by which we arrive at glorification.)
Glorification: I will be saved from the presence of sin. This is the Hope 1 John 3:1-3 is speaking of (What we shall be)

We make a choice to be sanctified or not to be sanctified.... The first thing that leads to being made pure is the is seeing that we need to be made pure, Your theology denies this. It says we are pure already, which in itself is not wrong for we have the atonement of the blood of Christ covering us, But we also have the Holy Ghost at work in us making our vessel pure, Making our bodies a living sacrifice Holy and acceptable unto God.

Though we are already clean (Righteous), The Husbandman will purge the branch and make it more fruitful (Holiness) as per John 15:1-5.

This is Pauline theology, this is Apostolic theology, this is Christian theology, and it is not legalism it is the work of the Holy Ghost in us. This second work of God in us can only begin when we reach (make room for) repentance (2 Peter 3:9), which is why he is longsuffering.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have all we need in Christ as new born babes, But he has more to give us, His sons and daughters by adoption if we will receive them. My Parents gave me Life but they did not stop there, they fed me and nurtured me, and gave me skills that help me in my life to be free and independent and also pass on those traits to my children. Now some parents just make babies and do nothing for them after wards, but that is not how God is, He loves us and cares for us and we in response can only cry "Abba, Father". For he not only gives us life, But abundant life.

Well, back to utter nonsense.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I trust in God's promise. I am completely new. I am complete in Him. I have all I need for life and godliness. These are all true.

Again, Nothing wrong with this statement, but this is just the starting point of our journey to sainthood. We begin as clean, he then purges us to be more fruitful. He does not just make babies but he nurtures them and helps them Grow and become saints, this is the journey to sainthood all Christians are travelling on, And when rightly understood, this brings unity of Spirit and the church to "One accord" and results in us producing greater works than the Son of man did during his ministry.

For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. (2 Peter 1:8-9)

All Of those things found in 2 Peter 1:5-9 begin with the faith you are speaking of, do not stop there and become unfruitful, But add to your faith virtue and so forth.