Where are the 5...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you disagree with all of those? Even Christ alone? Or do you still support the traditional Catholic view that without the Pope no-one can be saved?

Yes trad cat

church and sacraments are necessary

Christ alone?

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Romans 4:24
But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Not Christ alone must also believe on the Father who sent Christ!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Without the Pope none can be saved?
Lol, where is THAT coming from, Backlit.
I know you must have picked that up somewhere.
(I also know it's not something you do not agree with, don't get me wrong.) :)
See......this is the kind of stuff people start believing when they don't read their bibles.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without the Pope none can be saved?
Lol, where is THAT coming from, Backlit.
I know you must have picked that up somewhere.
(I also know it's not something you do not agree with, don't get me wrong.) :)
See......this is the kind of stuff people start believing when they don't read their bibles.

where does the Bible say it has to be in the Bible?

fundamentalist brainwashing

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
where does the Bible say it has to be in the Bible?

fundamentalist brainwashing

Well... as far as Spiritual Issues are concerned, the Bible is the Word of God inspired by the Holy Spirit.
In this case, the Bible says there's only one way to the Father and that's through Jesus Christ.
It's not through a Pope.

(Of course you are free not to believe this and go ahead call me fundamentalist.

Not going to have an effect on the way I believe, "Theefaith") :)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well... as far as Spiritual Issues are concerned, the Bible is the Word of God inspired by the Holy Spirit.
In this case, the Bible says there's only one way to the Father and that's through Jesus Christ.
It's not through a Pope.

(Of course you are free not to believe this and go ahead call me fundamentalist.

Christ appointed peter as his personal representative or the prime minister under the king see Isa 22:21-22 matt 16:18
We must be taught by Christ thru his apostles in his church he built on Peter matt 16:18 18:18 Jn 20:21-23 eph 2:20
Lk 1:4 acts 2:42
And submit to his ministers

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Hebrews 13:17
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

God always establishes order in obedience to hierarchical authority of fathers!

Protestantism is a sin against the Christian virtue of obedience!
(Spiritual anarchy)

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18
matt 28:19 Jn 20:21-23 Isa 22:21-22
eph 2:20

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by the apostles of Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments.

In Christ Matt 28-18-20 I am with you, Jn 15:5 in His grace and truth by the power of the Holy Spirit! Jn 1:16-17

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not through a Pope.

is the word of God limited to scripture???

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't the Catholic consider the Orthodox Protestant?

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Some people have a gift of prophesy.
When their prophesies contradict with scripture you can be sure it's not from God.
To say that there's no way to the Father without the Pope is exactly such a thing.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christ appointed peter as his personal representative or the prime minister under the king see Isa 22:21-22 matt 16:18
We must be taught by Christ thru his apostles in his church he built on Peter matt 16:18 18:18 Jn 20:21-23 eph 2:20

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

(Spiritual anarchy)

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!

Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Moral authority:
(Teaching)

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)

In Christ Matt 28-18-20 I am with you, Jn 15:5 in His grace and truth by the power of the Holy Spirit! Jn 1:16-17

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!
There @Triumph1300 that's where I got it from. Its standard Catholic dogma. No Pope. No salvation. Catholicism is now, and always has been coerced or forced submission to Papal authority. At the present time, the Vatican doesn't have the political clout, at least not in America or other western nations, to enforce her religion on anyone. But. The time is coming when she will.
"And all the world wondered after the beast. And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations". Revelation 13:3-7

Reactions: Triumph1300

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.
And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen" John 21:24-25

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people have a gift of prophesy.
When their prophesies contradict with scripture you can be sure it's not from God.
To say that there's no way to the Father without the Pope is exactly such a thing.

Lk 3:2 the word of God came unto John
By what scripture did it come?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.
And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen" John 21:24-25

Lk 3:2 the word of God came to John but not in scripture

1. 2 John 1:12
    Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.

Iconoclast

Jul 27, 2021
Hoschton Ga.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(Spiritual anarchy)

Moral authority:
(Teaching)

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)

Many of us have left the errors of the Roman Church.
If you need help untangling yourself, let us know

Reactions: Triumph1300

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many of us have left the errors of the Roman Church.
If you need help untangling yourself, let us know

you have left Christ
Christ and his church are one acts 9:4

Jn 15:1-5 abide in him

Jn 10:16 one fold

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

please don’t confuse the one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles with the apostate Vatican 2 sect