Where did Jesus go when he died?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep quoting scripture that shows people dying.... Giving up the spirit of life.... Yet, you can not show they are not still in that grave to this very today!!! I did!!!

Let's look at one of your more stupid ideas....
Luke 23:43 (WEB) 43 Jesus said to him, “Assuredly I tell you, today you will be with me in Paradise.”

setst777 the greek text does not contian commas.... So the scripture you quote can easily read... “Assuredly I tell you today, you will be with me in Paradise.”

You must be a Jehovah's Witness. I have not heard that argument from anyone other than a Jehovah's Witness. The natural reading of the text is that Lord Jesus was already talking to the thief on the cross in the day he was talking to the thief. Lord Jesus prefaced his reply to the thief by, in effect, saying: 'I guarantee you that today you will be with me in Paradise.'

Yea.... Jesus was dead for 3 days.... You keep quoting Peter 1 Peter 3:18-19 (EWEB) 18 Because Christ also suffered for sins once, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring you to God, being put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit, 19 in whom he also went and preached to the spirits in prison, 20 who before were disobedient, when God waited patiently in the days of Noah, while the ship was being built.

But know not of what he spoke....
Net Bible commentary: And preached to the spirits in prison. The meaning of this preaching and the spirits to whom he preached are much debated. It is commonly understood to be: Christ's announcement of his victory over evil to the fallen angels who await judgment for their role in leading the Noahic generation into sin; this proclamation occurred sometime between Christ's death and ascension;

I am not concerned about which spirits Lord Jesus was preaching to; rather, my emphases (in bold) is that, while Christ was still in the spirit, he descended to hades to preach to the spirits in prison in that place.

Lord Jesus was resurrected in his physical body, the same body he had while in the tomb. That is why the stone was rolled away. But after the 40 days, Lord Jesus ascended to heaven in glory in his glorified spirit body, just as he is depicted in "Revelation 1:12-18."

1 Timothy 3:16 (WEB) Without controversy, the mystery of godliness is great: God was revealed in the flesh, justified in the spirit, seen by angels, preached among the nations, believed on in the world, and received up in glory.

Revelation 1:12-18 (WEB)
12 I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. Having turned, I saw seven golden lamp stands. 13 And among the lamp stands was one like a son of man, [Daniel 7:13] clothed with a robe reaching down to his feet, and with a golden sash around his chest.
14 His head and his hair were white as white wool, like snow.
His eyes were like a flame of fire.
15 His feet were like burnished brass, as if it had been refined in a furnace.
His voice was like the voice of many waters. 16 He had seven stars in his right hand. Out of his mouth proceeded a sharp two-edged sword.
His face was like the sun shining at its brightest. 17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet like a dead man.

He laid his right hand on me, saying, “Don’t be afraid. I am the first and the last, 18 and the Living one. I was dead, and behold, I am alive forever and ever. Amen. I have the keys of Death and of Hades.

Given Jesus was on this Earth for over 40 days before he returned to his God and Father.... He had plenty of time after he was raised from the Dead... so Peter knew this... Act 1:3 To these He also presented Himself alive after His suffering, by many convincing proofs, appearing to them over a period of forty days and speaking of the things concerning the kingdom of God.

Yet.... Still not having been to see his God!!!!

No Scripture says that Lord Jesus did not see God when he entrusted His spirit to the Father. Rather, he had not yet ascended in glory - in his glorified spiritual body - into heaven. After Lord Jesus was resurrected from the dead, he remained on earth for 40 days, having all power and authority given to him from the Father (Matthew 28:19-20).

When Lord Jesus ascended to heaven to be at the right hand of the Father, he ascended with a changed spirit body fit for the heavenly kingdom - glorified.

Yes, the Scriptures I quoted may involve dying first, but the teaching in all the Scriptures I provided is that the spirits of men live on after death. You want to ignore all the context of the Scriptures I gave. That is your choice, but I am only here to discuss what the Scriptures state in context.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In "1 Corinthians 15:12-52" Paul only discusses one raising of the dead, which is when we receive our spirit bodies just like Christ Jesus did when he rose from the dead. There is no teaching in "1 Corinthians 15:12-52" about two different raisings from the dead - one with a spirit body and one with a physical body. Only one resurrection is being discussed. However, if you want to continue believing there are two different bodies we will be given at different times, that is your choice, but that is not being taught in the context of any Scripture.

Please explain a human spirit body? While clothed in human flesh, Christ indicates He was not a spirit body as you assume, because a spirit does not have flesh and bones as He had.

Luke 24:36-39 (KJV) And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Not exactly two different raisings from the dead. One raising from the dead body when believers ascend to heaven a spiritual body of believers there. The spirit in believers, through Christ's Spirit in us need not be resurrected to life again because they were already given ETERNAL spiritual life when we are born again. Only the DEAD need to be resurrected to life again, not the living.

Then when the last trumpet sounds in an hour coming all the DEAD in the graves shall be resurrected physically. Those who in life have done good to resurrection life through their spirit that returns with Christ. And those who have done evil resurrected to condemnation.

Mankind is always only one physical body of flesh & spirit. Our body in death does not become two bodies when the spirit ascends to heaven a spiritual body of believers. Nothing has changed in death for those who die in Christ, we are eternally a spiritual body of believers even while we are still alive on the earth. When our flesh dies we don't become another spiritual body of believers in heaven, we simply continue to be a spiritual body of believers there while our flesh returns to dust.
Lord Jesus is replying to, and discussing, the resurrection. If you want to believe that Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob are already resurrected, that is your choice, but that is not what Lord Jesus is stating.

Christ says Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are alive in heaven because they ascended there with Christ when He descended down to rescue them from the grave. They were not physically resurrected then, but as spiritual body of believers they ascended to heaven with Christ. That's because in life they believed in the Messiah who was to come and rescue them. Through faith in Christ before He came to earth they partook of the first resurrection that was promised to all who believe in Him from the foundation of the world. Through Covenant promise Old Covenant faithful saints were redeemed by the blood of the Lamb. That's why Scripture speaks of Christ being the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. And why it is written that all who would be saved have their names recorded in the Lamb's book of life from the foundation of the world.

Ephesians 4:8-10 (KJV) Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Revelation 5:1 (KJV) And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.
Revelation 5:6 (KJV) And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Revelation 13:7 (KJV) And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
Revelation 13:8 (KJV)
And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please explain a human spirit body?

A spirit body is the resurrected body fit for the heavenly kingdom of God that Christians receive at the last trump in the First Resurrection.

A dead human's spirit is entrusted to God after his death, but he does not rise from the dead with a spirit body until the resurrection at the last trump, just as "1 Corinthians 15:12-54" teaches us.

1 Corinthians 15:44-46 (WEB)
44 It is sown a {{{natural body}}}; it is raised a {{{spiritual body}}}.
There is a {{{natural body}}} and there is also a {{{spiritual body}}}.
45 So also it is written, “The first man, Adam, became {{{a living soul}}}.”
The last Adam became a {{{life-giving spirit.}}}
46 However {{{that which is spiritual is not first}}}, but {{{that which is natural}}}, {{{then}}} {{{that which is spiritual.}}}

The spirit of man is given a spirit body at the resurrection
fit for the heavenly kingdom, just as "1 Corinthians 15:12-54" explains in detail. There is nothing in "1 Corinthians 15:12-54" that teaches anything about a coming physical body resurrection, only a spirit body resurrection at the last trump. That is the resurrection all Christians look forward to. If you are a Christian, then that is the resurrection you look forward to. If you refuse the spirit body at the resurrection, then you are refusing God.

While clothed in human flesh, Christ indicates He was not a spirit body as you assume, because a spirit does not have flesh and bones as He had.

Luke 24:36-39 (KJV) And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Lord Jesus was resurrected in his same physical body he had while in the tomb, just as Lazarus was resurrected from his tomb. At that point, Lord Jesus had not yet ascended to Heaven as a glorified man with a changed spirit body. That is why the stone was rolled away. But after the 40 days, Lord Jesus ascended to heaven in glory in his glorified spirit body, just as he is depicted in "Revelation 1:12-18."

1 Timothy 3:16 (WEB) Without controversy, the mystery of godliness is great: God was revealed in the flesh, justified in the spirit, seen by angels, preached among the nations, believed on in the world, and received up in glory.

12 I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. Having turned, I saw seven golden lamp stands. 13 And among the lamp stands was one like a son of man, [Daniel 7:13] clothed with a robe reaching down to his feet, and with a golden sash around his chest.
His voice was like the voice of many waters. 16 He had seven stars in his right hand. Out of his mouth proceeded a sharp two-edged sword.
His face was like the sun shining at its brightest. 17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet like a dead man.

He laid his right hand on me, saying, “Don’t be afraid. I am the first and the last, 18 and the Living one. I was dead, and behold, I am alive forever and ever. Amen. I have the keys of Death and of Hades.

Then when the last trumpet sounds in an hour coming all the DEAD in the graves shall be resurrected physically. Those who in life have done good to resurrection life through their spirit that returns with Christ. And those who have done evil resurrected to condemnation.

Those dead in the graves will be resurrected, which is when the spirits of believers put on spiritual bodies. Believers are resurrected with spirit bodies. Show me anywhere in "1 Corinthians 15," where it states that, at the last trump, we are given physical bodies.

1 Corinthians 15:41-54 (WEB)
41 There is one glory of the sun, another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for one star differs from another star in glory. 42 So also is the resurrection of the dead.
The body is sown perishable; it is raised imperishable.
43 It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory.
It is sown in weakness; it is raised in power.
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body.
There is a natural body and there is also a spiritual body.
45 So also it is written, “The first man, Adam, became a living soul.”
{{{The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.}}}
46 However {{{that which is spiritual isn’t first}}}, but that which is natural, {{{then}}} that which is spiritual.
47 The first man is of the earth, made of dust. The second man is the Lord from heaven.
48 As is the one made of dust, such are those who are also made of dust; and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
49 As {{{we have}}} borne the image of those made of dust, let us also bear the image of the heavenly.
50 Now I say this, brothers, that flesh and blood can’t inherit God’s Kingdom; neither does the perishable inherit imperishable.
51 Behold, I tell you a mystery. We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we will be changed. 53
For this perishable body must become imperishable,
and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 But when this perishable body will have become imperishable,
and this mortal will have put on immortality, then what is written will happen: “Death is swallowed up in victory."

Through faith in Christ before He came to earth they partook of the first resurrection that was promised to all who believe in Him from the foundation of the world.

Here is the 1st Resurrection described:

Revelation 20:4-6 (WEB) 4 I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the {{{testimony of Jesus,}}} and for the word of God, and such as didn’t worship the beast nor his image, and didn’t receive the mark on their forehead and on their hand. They lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 The rest of the dead didn’t live until the thousand years were finished. {{{This is the first resurrection}}}. 6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over these, the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will reign with him one thousand years.

Notice that the 1st Resurrection consists of those {{{who have the Testimony of Jesus}}}, and who did NOT take the mark of the beast - all of this happens in the future after the Tribulation by the Anti-Christ.

Through Covenant promise Old Covenant faithful saints were redeemed by the blood of the Lamb. That's why Scripture speaks of Christ being the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. And why it is written that all who would be saved have their names recorded in the Lamb's book of life from the foundation of the world.

No disagreement here, or any of those Passages. None of this is talking about any resurrection. No spirit bodies.

The spirit bodies are what believers will be clothed in at the Resurrection at the Last Trump - the 1st Resurrection.

1 Corinthians 15:42-46 (WEB)
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead.
46 However {{{that which is spiritual isn’t first}}}, but {{{that which is natural}}}, {{{then}}} {{{that which is spiritual.}}}

Last edited:

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A spirit body is the resurrected body fit for the heavenly kingdom of God that Christians receive at the last trump in the First Resurrection.

But before you said a spirit body is like the body of Christ we shall receive. Which is why I quoted verses where Christ refutes your opinion. Why would our resurrected body need to be fit for the heavenly Kingdom of God since with our resurrected immortal & incorruptible body of flesh shall inherit everlasting life on the new earth that shall come when this first earth passes away? Then we shall not be spiritual body, rather we shall be immortal physical body with an eternal spirit fit for the Kingdom of God that shall be on the new earth.
The spirit of man is given a spirit body at the resurrection fit for the heavenly kingdom,

Why does the spirit in man already fit with eternal spiritual life through Christ need to be resurrected since our eternal spirit through the Spirit of Christ within shall NEVER die? Our spirit is already fit for the Kingdom of God in heaven the moment we were born again and possess eternal spiritual life through Christ. Because in life we were partakers of the first resurrection which is the resurrection of Christ. When we partake of Him, we have part in the first resurrection and have overcome the second death.

Lord Jesus was resurrected in his same physical body he had while in the tomb, just as Lazarus was resurrected from his tomb. At that point, Lord Jesus had not yet ascended to Heaven as a glorified man with a changed spirit body. That is why the stone was rolled away. But after the 40 days, Lord Jesus ascended to heaven in glory in his glorified spirit body, just as he is depicted in "Revelation 1:12-18."

So you think that our resurrected spiritual body that you believe shall be like the glorified body of Christ shall be as He is described below?

Revelation 1:13-16 (KJV) And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

It appears you lack understanding of symbolism contained in the Revelation of Jesus Christ. Are you sure your imagined spiritual body won't be like Christ described here?

Revelation 5:5-6 (KJV) And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof. And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

I'm beginning to think you are desperately grasping now?

Here is the 1st Resurrection described:

Revelation 20:4-6 (WEB) 4 I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the {{{testimony of Jesus,}}} and for the word of God, and such as didn’t worship the beast nor his image, and didn’t receive the mark on their forehead and on their hand. They lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 The rest of the dead didn’t live until the thousand years were finished. {{{This is the first resurrection}}}. 6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over these, the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will reign with him one thousand years.

Notice that the 1st Resurrection consists of those {{{who have the Testimony of Jesus}}}, and who did NOT take the mark of the beast - all of this happens in the future after the Tribulation by the Anti-Christ.

Revelation 20:4-6 (KJV) And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Yes, this passage does depict those of the first resurrection, which is the resurrection of Christ, who is the first to be resurrected from the dead who shall never die again. How are these martyred saints of the first resurrection? During their lifetime on earth before they were killed, time being symbolized a thousand years "they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years." Notice they lived and reigned before they were martyred for their faith.

John writes "this is the first resurrection" them which are the blessed and holy by having part in the first resurrection and have already overcome the second death. They too during their lifetimes will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him also a (not ONE) thousand years, symbolizing time.

It appears you are unable to distinguish between flesh of man and spirit in man!

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But before you said a spirit body is like the body of Christ we shall receive.

That is correct, according to the Scriptures:

1 John 3:2 (WEB) 2 Beloved, now we are children of God. It is not yet revealed what we will be; but we know that when he is revealed, we will be like him; for we will see him just as he is.

Philippians 3:20-21 (WEB) 20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from where we also wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who will change the body of our humiliation to be conformed to the body of his glory, according to the working by which he is able even to subject all things to himself.

Why does the spirit in man already fit with eternal spiritual life through Christ need to be resurrected since our eternal spirit through the Spirit of Christ within shall NEVER die? Our spirit is already fit for the Kingdom of God in heaven the moment we were born again and possess eternal spiritual life through Christ. Because in life we were partakers of the first resurrection which is the resurrection of Christ. When we partake of Him, we have part in the first resurrection and have overcome the second death.

What God says in His Word, we are to accept by faith, not questioning or doubting God.

42 So also is the {{{{{Resurrection of the Dead}}}}}.
46 However {{{that which is spiritual isn’t first}}}, but {{{that which is natural}}}, {{{then}}} {{{that which is spiritual.}}}

The New Heavens and the New Earth are not like the Heavens and the Earth that presently exist. There will be no sun or moon on the new earth; rather, Christ Jesus himself will be its light, because He is the shining forth of God's glory (Hebrews 1:3). This is a totally different mode of life than we presently live. The earth will be completely different - no sun to light or heat the earth. No moon.

So you think that our resurrected spiritual body that you believe shall be like the glorified body of Christ shall be as He is described below?

That is correct, because that is the Word of God. That is how Lord Jesus now looks in his glorified body.

It appears you lack understanding of symbolism contained in the Revelation of Jesus Christ. Are you sure your imagined spiritual body won't be like Christ described here?

Revelation 5:5-6 (KJV) And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof. And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

That is symbolism.

I'm beginning to think you are desperately grasping now?

Revelation 20:4-6 (KJV) And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

... Notice they lived and reigned before they were martyred for their faith.

There is only one 1000 yr. reign of Christ, according to the Scriptures.

Christ reigns for a thousand years after the Great Tribulation, the 1 Resurrection, and after Satan is bound, and the anti-Christ and the false prophet are cast into the Lake of Fire, and after the Battle of Armageddon. Those who were martyred for their witness of Jesus and His Word will reign with him a thousand years. There is only one 1000 yr. reign of Christ, according to the Scriptures.

Revelation 20:6 (WEB) This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must be a Jehovah's Witness. I have not heard that argument from anyone other than a Jehovah's Witness. The natural reading of the text is that Lord Jesus was already talking to the thief on the cross in the day he was talking to the thief. Lord Jesus prefaced his reply to the thief by, in effect, saying: 'I guarantee you that today you will be with me in Paradise.'

I am not concerned about which spirits Lord Jesus was preaching to; rather, my emphases (in bold) is that, while Christ was still in the spirit, he descended to hades to preach to the spirits in prison in that place.

Lord Jesus was resurrected in his physical body, the same body he had while in the tomb. That is why the stone was rolled away. But after the 40 days, Lord Jesus ascended to heaven in glory in his glorified spirit body, just as he is depicted in "Revelation 1:12-18."

No Scripture says that Lord Jesus did not see God when he entrusted His spirit to the Father. Rather, he had not yet ascended in glory - in his glorified spiritual body - into heaven. After Lord Jesus was resurrected from the dead, he remained on earth for 40 days, having all power and authority given to him from the Father (Matthew 28:19-20).

When Lord Jesus ascended to heaven to be at the right hand of the Father, he ascended with a changed spirit body fit for the heavenly kingdom - glorified.

Yes, the Scriptures I quoted may involve dying first, but the teaching in all the Scriptures I provided is that the spirits of men live on after death. You want to ignore all the context of the Scriptures I gave. That is your choice, but I am only here to discuss what the Scriptures state in context.
No... I'm not Jehovah's Witness and I don't give a crap about thier cult status that they follow within their Church culture No more than the Cult status you follow within your church culture... To me your both the same.... followers of men!

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is correct, according to the Scriptures:

1 John 3:2 (WEB) 2 Beloved, now we are children of God. It is not yet revealed what we will be; but we know that when he is revealed, we will be like him; for we will see him just as he is.

Philippians 3:20-21 (WEB) 20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from where we also wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who will change the body of our humiliation to be conformed to the body of his glory, according to the working by which he is able even to subject all things to himself.

Philippians 3:21 (KJV) Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

To be like Him even as He is our physical mortal & corruptible body shall become immortal & incorruptible as God only now is! That's what Paul means when he says Christ will change our vile body of death to be fashioned like HIs glorious body that shall never die, never grow old, sick or weary, and never again sin. That does not mean our flesh becomes a spirit body.

What God says in His Word, we are to accept by faith, not questioning or doubting God.

Then why do you not accept what Paul is saying in this passage. There will be a resurrection of the DEAD, not the living! Our body of death will perish, and when the last trumpet sounds it shall be imperishable, sown in dishonor, at the resurrection of the DEAD our body will be raised in glory, sown in weakness our DEAD body will be raised in power.

Then in vs 44 Paul transitions from speaking of our natural body that shall die, being sown natural, not yet immortal, and at that moment our natural mortal body dies, Paul tells us what happens to the spiritual body of Christ, which we are when we have His life-giving Spirit giving our spirit eternal life. Paul does not say as spiritual body we must be made alive after our body of flesh has died. He does not say as spiritual body must be changed as our mortal physical body must be. He says that WE are raised (not resurrected) a spiritual body of believers, because our spirit is not DEAD. Our spirit having Christ's Spirit within already has eternal life through Christ. Because in life we were a living soul, possessing a body of flesh with eternal spirit, we had to first be of natural man to attain eternal spiritual life through Christ.

When we were of the first man of the earth our flesh was mortal and destined to die. Then in life we became like the second man, the Lord from heaven, and through His Spirit our spirit attained eternal life, being born again and the image of the heavenly. That does not change when our mortal, natural, physical body dies. Our spirit with eternal life through Christ ascends alive to heaven a spiritual body there, and continues to be a living soul without a body of flesh and blood, because our flesh and blood being corrupted by sin cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. Only as a spiritual body of believers can we inherit the Kingdom of God in heaven.

1 Corinthians 15:47-50 (KJV) The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Then when the last trumpet sounds and our mortal dead body is resurrected immortal and incorruptible and made alive through our eternal spirit that returns with Christ, believers shall once again be complete living souls fit for life on the new earth.

There is only one 1000 yr. reign of Christ, according to the Scriptures.

Christ reigns for a thousand years after the Great Tribulation, the 1 Resurrection, and after Satan is bound, and the anti-Christ and the false prophet are cast into the Lake of Fire, and after the Battle of Armageddon. Those who were martyred for their witness of Jesus and His Word will reign with him a thousand years. There is only one 1000 yr. reign of Christ, according to the Scriptures.

Revelation 20:6 (WEB) This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Yes, there is only one period of time likened to a thousand years. That is the time for building the spiritual Kingdom of God as the Gospel is proclaimed in all the nations of the world through the power of the Holy Spirit. When this time has ended the seventh trumpet shall sound and time given this earth to build the Kingdom of God shall be no longer. The only time left for this earth when time has expired for building the Kingdom of God will be Satan's little season. There will not be another ONE thousand years of time to come.

Revelation 10:5-7 (KJV) And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer: But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Revelation 20:3 (KJV) And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Revelation 20:7-8 (KJV) And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 3:21 (KJV) Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

To be like Him even as He is our physical mortal & corruptible body shall become immortal & incorruptible as God only now is! That's what Paul means when he says Christ will change our vile body of death to be fashioned like HIs glorious body that shall never die, never grow old, sick or weary, and never again sin. That does not mean our flesh becomes a spirit body.

Paul could not have made it any more plain to understand.

In our present earthly bodies we are living souls.

What we will become AFTER the Resurrection of the Dead, are spirits living in spiritual bodies, like unto Christ Jesus' spiritual body.

1 Corinthians 15:45-46 (WEB)

Philippians 3:21 (KJV) Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his {{{glorious}}} body
, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Then why do you not accept what Paul is saying in this passage. There will be a resurrection of the DEAD, not the living!

At the time of the rapture, those who are dead will be resurrected, and those who are still alive will be changed, all at the same time, in a moment, in the twinkling of the eye. That is the 1st resurrection.

Yes, there is only one period of time likened to a thousand years.

There is no reason to believe that the 1000 years is figurative.

In addition, the thousand-year reign of Christ on earth occurs after the Battle of Armageddon but before the eternal state when God creates a new heaven and a new earth.

After the 1000 year reign, Satan is released one last time to deceive the nations, but Satan is thrown into the Lake of Fire, and all the nations surrounding Israel, and Christ's Kingdom are all destroyed.

Revelation 20:7-8 (WEB) 7 And after the thousand years, Satan will be released from his prison, 8 and he will come out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to the war; the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

During the thousand-year reign of Christ on earth with His holy ones, the old nations are still existing, and there are still people on earth who were not destroyed after that wrath of God was poured out, and the Battle of Armageddon already was completed.

Revelation 20:2-3 (WEB) 2 He seized the dragon, the old serpent, which is the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole inhabited earth, and bound him for a thousand years, 3 and cast him into the abyss, and shut it, and sealed it over him, that he should deceive the nations no more, until the thousand years were finished. After this, he must be freed for a short time.

That means that the 1000 yr reign occurs:

AFTER the Battle of Armageddon.
AFTER God pours out his wrath.
AFTER the 1st Resurrection occurs.

The Thousand Year Reign of Christ is a time AFTER the Battle of Armageddon, in which Christ will rule the nations with a rod of iron.

Revelation 19:15 (WEB) 15 Out of his mouth proceeds a sharp, double-edged sword, that with it he should strike the nations. He will rule them with an iron rod. [Psalm 2:9] He treads the wine press of the fierceness of the wrath of God, the Almighty.

After Armageddon, Christ will rule on the earth, and those of the nations who survived the wrath of God's judgment will still be living on the earth.

Zechariah 12:9-21 (WEB)
9 Yahweh will be King over all the earth. In that day Yahweh will be one, and his name one. 10 All the land will be made like the Arabah, from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem; and she will be lifted up, and will dwell in her place, from Benjamin’s gate to the place of the first gate, to the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananel to the king’s wine presses. 11 Men will dwell therein, and there will be no more curse; but Jerusalem will dwell safely. 12 This will be the plague with which Yahweh will strike all the peoples who have fought against Jerusalem: their flesh will consume away while they stand on their feet, and their eyes will consume away in their sockets, and their tongue will consume away in their mouth. 13 It will happen in that day, that a great panic from Yahweh will be among them; and they will each hold onto the hand of his neighbor, and his hand will rise up against the hand of his neighbor. 14 Judah also will fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the surrounding nations will be gathered together: gold, and silver, and clothing, in great abundance.

15 A plague like this will fall on the horse, on the mule, on the camel, on the donkey, and on all the animals that will be in those camps. 16 It will happen that everyone who is left of all the nations that came against Jerusalem will go up from year to year to worship the King, Yahweh of Armies, and to keep the feast of booths. 17 It will be, that whoever of all the families of the earth doesn’t go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, Yahweh of Armies, on them there will be no rain. 18 If the family of Egypt doesn’t go up, and doesn’t come, neither will it rain on them. This will be the plague with which Yahweh will strike the nations that don’t go up to keep the feast of booths. 19 This will be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all the nations that don’t go up to keep the feast of booths. 20 In that day there will be on the bells of the horses, “HOLY TO YAHWEH”; and the pots in Yahweh’s house will be like the bowls before the altar. 21 Yes, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah will be holy to Yahweh of Armies; and all those who sacrifice will come and take of them, and cook in them. In that day there will no longer be a Canaanite in the house of Yahweh of Armies.

Last edited:

TheHC

Jun 22, 2021
Columbus
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The life we receive when we believe is called eternal for a reason. Just because our body is destined to die, does not mean that we die, because our spirit lives even though our body dies. Christ knowing that all of humanity is under the curse of death, and that we shall all one day physically die, still tells us those who live and believe in Him shall never die. Why? Because He is the resurrection and the life, so though our body, like the body of Lazarus succumbs to death, all who have died in Christ HAVE eternal life through Him.

It is true that there shall be a resurrection of both the just and the unjust in an hour coming when the last trumpet sounds. Because that is when our dead bodies shall be resurrected to stand before God in judgment to give account according to what is written in the books and the book of life.

John 5:28-29 (KJV) Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

1 Corinthians 15:51-53 (KJV) Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

Notice before Stephen died he called upon God, asking the Lord to receive his spirit. Stephen knew death of his body would not be the death of his spirit, because he died in faith, believing his spirit would ascend to heaven to be with the Lord after his body breathed its last. So though the body of Stephen did indeed die, Stephen is now in heaven a living soul in spiritual body without physical form. Because the life Stephen received when he believed in Christ is eternal, and therefore he shall never die.

Acts 7:59-60 (KJV) And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

For a Christian to fall asleep in death is not the end of life, but rather it is the beginning of life for believers in heaven. The body of mankind is the house/tabernacle/dwelling place for our spirit. When we are in Christ we are not identified by our physical flesh. We have become a new creation in Christ and have gone from being spiritually dead in trespasses and sins to being eternally spiritually alive through the Spirit of Christ within. That's why Christ says whosoever believes in Him HAS eternal life. He says this knowing all human flesh is destined to death.

John 3:15 (KJV) That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

John 5:24 (KJV) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 10:28 (KJV) And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

If the life we receive through Christ when we believe is not eternal, Christ would not have said it is everlasting and eternal life.
I’m afraid we are going to have to disagree.

The person dies. It’s not just the body. Acts 7:60 doesn’t say ‘Stephen’s body fell asleep’; it says “he fell asleep.’

If there was *more* to happen after death, then God should have told Adam before he sinned, that if he ate from the tree he would be ‘going to another realm’.

But God didn’t…God said only, “you will die.” (Genesis 2:17) And then, after Adam sinned, God told him, “You will return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are, and to dust you will return.

God didnt tell Adam, ʻyour body’; He said, “You.” Genesis 3:19

That’s what the Resurrection is all about… restoring life. If the dead are already living, then the resurrection - a promise for the future (John 6:44) - is unnecessary.

Take care.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
~
Jehovah's Witnesses believe human life is entirely physical which, for them,
isn't exactly true. They hold to something called "life force" which is basically
a mysterious energy that enables the core of one's being to exist. In other
words: it was life force that made the dust of Adam's body become a
sentient being.

NOTE: Life force is apparently able to make a variety of lifeless materials
become conscious. For example Matt 3:9 and Luke 19:40.

The JW life force is versatile. It can be taken from an angel body, transferred
to a human body, and then transferred back again to the angel body from
whence it came, viz: the process enables spirit beings to exist as human
beings; and also enables human beings to exist as spirit beings.

The JW life force suggests an interesting possibility. When folks are
terminated in the lake of fire per Rev 20:11-15, supposing the life force
within their human body survives to be transferred to a demonic body;
thus enabling them to be perfectly suited to join the Devil and his angels
per Matt 25:41.

BTW: The body of the JW's Jesus is still dead and its remains are squirreled
away somewhere on earth in a condition and a location known only to God.
It is necessary for the body of the JW's Jesus to stay dead so that Michael
the arch angel could have his life force back and allow him resume his
existence as a spirit being because in JW doctrine, it is impossible for
someone to exist as a spirit being and a human being simultaneously, i.e.
it's one or the other, not both.
_

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The JW life force suggests an interesting possibility. When folks are
terminated in the lake of fire per Rev 20:11-15, supposing the life force
within their human body survives to be transferred to a demonic body;
thus enabling them to be perfectly suited to join the Devil and his angels
per Matt 25:41.

My understanding is that the JW teach, ever since Charles Taze Russell, the founder, is that, everyone judged unworthy of Eternal Life will be annihilated, along with the Devil and his angels in the Lake of Fire - put completely out of existence. I quote as follows:

"... Thus, those not found written in “the book of life,” unrepentant opposers of God’s sovereignty, are hurled into the lake of fire, meaning eternal destruction, or the second death. — Rev 20:15.

While the foregoing texts make evident the symbolic quality of the lake of fire, it has been used by some persons to support belief in a literal place of fire and torment. Revelation 20:10 has been appealed to, because it speaks of the Devil, the wild beast, and the false prophet as being “tormented day and night forever and ever” in the lake of fire. However, this cannot refer to actual conscious torment. Those thrown into the lake of fire undergo “the second death.” (Rev 20:14) In death there is no consciousness and, hence, no feeling of pain or suffering. — Ecc 9:5.
"
[Insight on the Scriptures, Lake of Fire, Vol. 1, pp. 189-190]

Here is how I understand the "life force" from JW's...

The "life force" is "spirit" from God.
The Jehovah’s Witnesses (JWs) believe that the Word (John 1:1-3) and Wisdom (Proverbs 8:22-31) are both referring to Michael the Archangel. The life-force of Michael the Archangel was transferred to the womb of Mary; so that, the child born of her had the holy nature of Michael; however, Michael ceased to exist after his life-force was transferred to Mary. After Lord Jesus’ crucifixion and burial, on the third day, he was raised again as Michael the Archangel with the memories of Jesus, because Jesus gave his life; and so, he cannot take his life back again as a man, or a glorified man.

I quote as follows:

Having given up his flesh for the life of the world, Christ could never take it again and become a man once more. For that reason his return could never be in the human body that he sacrificed once for all time.
[Jehovah’s Witnesses book titled: You Can Live Forever in Paradise Earth, p 143, par 5]

So Michael the archangel is Jesus in his pre-human existence. After his resurrection and return to heaven, Jesus resumed his service as Michael, the chief angel, “to the glory of God the Father.”—Philippians 2:11.
[Jehovah’s Witness magazine titled: The Watchtower, April 2010, P 19, title: Is Jesus the Archangel Michael?]

BTW: The body of the JW's Jesus is still dead and its remains are squirreled
away somewhere on earth in a condition and a location known only to God.

My understanding is the that JW believes that Lord Jesus' body was dissolved into nothing in the tomb, leaving only the burial wrappings intact. I quote:

"JESUS’ FLESHLY BODY DISSOLVED
What happened to the perfect fleshly body of Jesus after his death? Was it preserved so that in time men will look upon it in worship? or does Jesus still have this fleshly body in the heavens, “spiritualized” so that it can be seen and worshiped? Neither. The Scriptures answer: It was disposed of by Jehovah God, dissolved into its constituent elements or atoms."
[Jehovah's Witness magazine titled: The Watchtower, September 1, 1953, pp. 517-520]

They believe that Lord Jesus is forever dead, and the holy life force of Lord Jesus was now used by God to re-create from memory Michael the Archangel at his resurrection. However, Michael the Archangel now has the memories of Lord Jesus, and also, Michael the Archangel.

In refutation of the JW doctrine about Lord Jesus being forever dead, I write as follows:

Since the JW’s believe the resurrected Lord Jesus is again Michael the Archangel, they cannot, at the same time, recognize him to be the {{{glorified}}} man and mediator in Heaven for us (1 Timothy 2:5; Acts 17:31). Nor can he be the elder brother and first-fruit of those faithful humans who share in the resurrection of Lord Jesus (Romans 6:5; Romans 8:29). Nor can the resurrected and glorified Lord Jesus be the eternal offspring of David to sit on David’s throne forever (Luke 1:31-33; Psalms 89:34-37; Psalms 132:11; Revelation 22:16; Acts 2:29-32; Hebrews 2:5-12). The JW’s, therefore, must ignore these plain to understand Scriptures that teach that the man Lord Jesus was actually resurrected from the dead, and is now in Heaven as our Mediator. The JW has no answer to the Scriptures I provided - they completely ignore the Passages I listed.

Everything else you wrote is pretty much right on target. So, thanks for sharing.

Blessings.

Last edited:

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
~
FAQ: Supposing some of the atoms that made my body go into making

another person's body after mine is dead and dissolved back to dust? How
will God reconstruct both our bodies seeing as how He will have need of the
atoms of each of us to do so?

REPLY: The chemical constitution of the various natural atoms listed on the

periodic table are identical; it's not as if they're snowflakes; viz: if God
needs some carbon atoms to reconstruct your body, He could utilize carbon
atoms from a Sequoia cactus and they would work just fine without the
slightest need for adjustment because every carbon atom on earth is a
precise duplicate of every other carbon atom on earth; viz: all carbon atoms
are just one kind of carbon atom, i.e. the carbon atoms in your body are not
unique.

So it isn't necessary for God to locate all your original carbon atoms in order
to reconstruct your original body; He just needs carbon atoms; and they are
very plentiful in nature: same with other kinds of atoms, e.g. iron, calcium,
phosphorus, sodium, hydrogen, nitrogen, etc.

FAQ: Will I keep my reconstructed body throughout eternity?

REPLY: No, your reconstructed body will be utilized as a seed for
constructing your permanent body. (1Cor 15:36-38)

FAQ: Will my permanent body be tangible or intangible?

REPLY: Seeing as how your permanent body will be patterned after Jesus'
permanent body (Phil 3:21) then I would have to say your permanent body
will be tangible because Jesus will be capable of dining upon ordinary foods
and beverages in the future. (Matt 26:29, Luke 22:15-16, Luke 22:28-30)
_

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Where did Jesus go when he died?​

Jesus told the good thief, "Today thou shalt be with me in paradise."
For those who say paradise is in the good side of "sheol" or "hades" have NOT really read, Luke 23:46, well enough to understand when Jesus cried with a loud voice: "Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit." By this remark, can Jesus truly go someplace else other than to heaven, where the Father is?

We read in 2 Corinthians 5:8:

"To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord."

My two cents worth.

To God Be The Glory

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Where did Jesus go when he died?​

Jesus told the good thief, "Today thou shalt be with me in paradise."
For those who say paradise is in the good side of "sheol" or "hades" have NOT really read, Luke 23:46, well enough to understand when Jesus cried with a loud voice: "Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit." By this remark, can Jesus truly go someplace else other than to heaven, where the Father is?

We read in 2 Corinthians 5:8:

"To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord."

My two cents worth.

To God Be The Glory
Yes, Lord Jesus commended his spirit to God, but we cannot assume that God could not or would not give the spirit of Lord Jesus the authority to preach to the spirits in hades before his resurrection, and glorification at the right hand of God.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did Jesus go when he died?

Jesus’ “living soul” departed His dead “body” and went to Hell, (as did all “living souls” departed out of their dead body’s.)

Jesus’ “dead body” was “taken” off the cross, (by bodily alive men), carried to a cave (by bodily alive men) and buried in said cave, (by bodily alive men), as was a usual custom to bury dead body’s.

According to Mosaic Law; for 3 days and 3 nights Jesus’ “living soul” remained in Hell, left Hell, and returned to His “dead body” in said cave.

After Jesus’ “living soul” was in Hell for “3 days and 3 nights (according to Mosaic Law) Jesus’ “living soul” return-ED to His “dead body”.
Upon Jesus’ “living soul” returning to His dead body, His dead body “revived” and His dead body was “AGAIN” alive, and exited the cave.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: rebuilder 454

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Lord Jesus commended his spirit to God,

No.

In Jesus’ own words, Jesus clearly revealed He HAD NOT commended His Spirit to God.

John 20:
[17] Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Jesus’ ascension, Body, Soul, Spirit occurred 40 days later, with Heavenly and Earthly witnesses, and written testimony of Earthly men who witnessed Jesus’ ascension BACK up to Heaven from whence He came.[/QUOTE]

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.

In Jesus’ own words, Jesus clearly revealed He HAD NOT commended His Spirit to God.

Luke 23:46 (Young's Literal Translation) 46 and having cried with a loud voice, Jesus said, `Father, to Thy hands I commit my spirit;' and these things having said, he breathed forth the spirit.

John 20:
[17] Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Jesus’ ascension, Body, Soul, Spirit occurred 40 days later, with Heavenly and Earthly witnesses, and written testimony of Earthly men who witnessed Jesus’ ascension BACK up to Heaven from whence He came.

Lord Jesus was resurrected, but before He resurrected, he commended his spirit to God.

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 23:46 (Young's Literal Translation) 46 and having cried with a loud voice, Jesus said, `Father, to Thy hands I commit my spirit;' and these things having said, he breathed forth the spirit.

Lord Jesus was resurrected, but before He resurrected, he commended his spirit to God.

Thank you. His “Spirit” ascended, at bodily death, but not His Body or Soul.

setst777

Mar 24, 2023
Oak Creek
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. His “Spirit” ascended, at bodily death, but not His Body or Soul.

Yes, after Lord Jesus was crucified and died, his spirit separated from his body and ascended.

At his resurrection from death...

Lord Jesus ascended to heaven after 40 days in a glorified spiritual body fit for heaven - the same kind of body Christians receive at the resurrection onto life.

In our present earthly bodies we are living souls.

What we will become AFTER the Resurrection of the Dead, are spirits living in spiritual bodies, like unto Christ Jesus' spiritual body.

1 Corinthians 15:45-46 (WEB)

Philippians 3:21 (KJV) Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his {{{glorious}}} body
, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Last edited:

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Lord Jesus commended his spirit to God, but we cannot assume that God could not or would not give the spirit of Lord Jesus the authority to preach to the spirits in hades before his resurrection, and glorification at the right hand of God.
I think you're jumping to conclusions. Did you forget 2 Corinthians 5:8? Same idea as a born again child of God when he dies his spirit goes to be with his Lord!! "To be absent from the body IS (present tense) to be present with the Lord."

The term, "preach to the spirits in hades" meant that at one time those who were elected to salvation, were also under the term "the gates of hell." Since Jesus was born in the New testament side, He had to dispatch His holy prophets to preach in the Old testament and thus is able to bring to heaven some that where in hades, after His resurrection.

Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

To God Be The Glory