Where do aborted babies go?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where do you think aborted babies go?

• Heaven

Votes: 28 57.1%
  • Hell

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think happens to babies if they are aborted?

Can you believe God would send innocent babies to hell? That doesn't seem right to me.

If they go to Heaven, think about it. If they were born, they could become terrible sinners and wind up in hell. If someone killed them first, they'd go to Heaven. So can that be right? Could you be doing a baby a favor by aborting it and sending it to Heaven? That doesn't seem right to me either.
Nobody can say for certain. There is scripture that indicates that the children of Christians would go to heaven if they die, because they are under the covering of their parents. A true Christian would not murder their child, so that would mean that aborted children go to hell, as they have no covering. The fact of the matter is, we just do not know, and as such, whenever someone has an abortion, they could be sending the baby to eternal suffering. Even if that is not the case, there is still no justification to commit murder.

Reactions: Giuliano

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're not told that. All one can do is speculate.
What about this?

Ezekiel 18:5 But if a man be just, and do that which is lawful and right,
6 And hath not eaten upon the mountains, neither hath lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, neither hath defiled his neighbour's wife, neither hath come near to a menstruous woman,
7 And hath not oppressed any, but hath restored to the debtor his pledge, hath spoiled none by violence, hath given his bread to the hungry, and hath covered the naked with a garment;
8 He that hath not given forth upon usury, neither hath taken any increase, that hath withdrawn his hand from iniquity, hath executed true judgment between man and man,
9 Hath walked in my statutes, and hath kept my judgments, to deal truly; he is just, he shall surely live, saith the Lord God.

19 Yet say ye, Why? doth not the son bear the iniquity of the father? When the son hath done that which is lawful and right, and hath kept all my statutes, and hath done them, he shall surely live.
20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Getitright

Nov 7, 2019
North Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about this?

Ezekiel 18:5 But if a man be just, and do that which is lawful and right,
6 And hath not eaten upon the mountains, neither hath lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, neither hath defiled his neighbour's wife, neither hath come near to a menstruous woman,
7 And hath not oppressed any, but hath restored to the debtor his pledge, hath spoiled none by violence, hath given his bread to the hungry, and hath covered the naked with a garment;
8 He that hath not given forth upon usury, neither hath taken any increase, that hath withdrawn his hand from iniquity, hath executed true judgment between man and man,
9 Hath walked in my statutes, and hath kept my judgments, to deal truly; he is just, he shall surely live, saith the Lord God.

19 Yet say ye, Why? doth not the son bear the iniquity of the father? When the son hath done that which is lawful and right, and hath kept all my statutes, and hath done them, he shall surely live.
20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

It could apply. However, this speaks of one's actions. Aborted babies have no actions. I have heard it suggested that maybe they will be raised and given a chance to live through the 1000 year reign and make their decision. I can't back that up with Scripture, it's just something I heard proposed. I guess it's possible, I don't know.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It could apply. However, this speaks of one's actions. Aborted babies have no actions. I have heard it suggested that maybe they will be raised and given a chance to live through the 1000 year reign and make their decision. I can't back that up with Scripture, it's just something I heard proposed. I guess it's possible, I don't know.
It sounds reasonable to me. If God wants them to have a chance to live in order to make decisions on their own, I can't believe their human parents, by aborting them, could prevent God's plan from being fulfilled. Sooner or later, God's Will will be done. Everyone will make his own choices. So I believe.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why did God command Israel to kill every man, woman and child in some of the heathen nations.
CL, the heathen nations occupying Palestine had got to a point of total corruption. Wickedness, oppression and disease was rampant. Their cup was full.....and it was not as if they were ignorant of the God of the Hebrews, they knew what principles he operated by and they hated him. We get a window into this from the account of the twelve spies going to Jericho and what Rahab told them.

They knew about the plagues in Egypt and the opening of the Red Sea .....they had their spies and nothing of the Exodus was done in secret.....All the Nations knew.

God used Israel as his executioner......although they failed at it miserably for the most part and these nations then became such a snare to them that it ultimately resulted in Israel's downfall.....Now, that's a very brief summary.

God commanded Israel to totally annihilate man, women, old and young, animals included.....Israel did it in part but botched the Command.....it became a trap for them as God said it would.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CL, the heathen nations occupying Palestine had got to a point of total corruption. Wickedness, oppression and disease was rampant. Their cup was full.....and it was not as if they were ignorant of the God of the Hebrews, they knew what principles he operated by and they hated him. We get a window into this from the account of the twelve spies going to Jericho and what Rahab told them.

They knew about the plagues in Egypt and the opening of the Red Sea .....they had their spies and nothing of the Exodus was done in secret.....All the Nations knew.

7 So the Lord said, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.”

God used Israel as his executioner......although they failed at it miserably for the most part and these nations then became such a snare to them that it ultimately resulted in Israel's downfall.....Now, that's a very brief summary.

God commanded Israel to totally annihilate man, women, old and young, animals included.....Israel did it in part but botched the Command.....it became a trap for them as God said it would.

I understand that, but the origins are what we were talking about - the Nephilim. It even affected the animals in some cases.

7 So the Lord said, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.”

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Giuliano

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Giuliano: "Can you believe God would send innocent babies to hell? That doesn't seem right to me.

"Let the little children (including babies) come to me and do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of God belongs (Mark 10:15)."
Like little children, aborted babies cannot make responsibly spiritual choices. So they will enter the kingdom of God at death.

"Take care that you do not despise one of these little ones; for I tell you that in heaven their angels continually see the face of my Father in heaven (Matthew 18:10)."
By implication, little children and aborted babies have guardian angels with constant intercessory access to God and will compensate for the child's lack of moral accountability by protecthing them and seeing them through to heaven.

Giuliano: "If they go to Heaven, think about it. If they were born, they could become terrible sinners and wind up in hell. If someone killed them first, they'd go to Heaven. So can that be right? Could you be doing a baby a favor by aborting it and sending it to Heaven? That doesn't seem right to me either."

Jesus teaches that postmortem judgment is based on what we do with our limited opportunities to make correct spiritual choices (Matthew 7:2; Luke 12:47-48). Aborted babies have no chance to make spiritual choices. So they will be saved.
No matter our logic about what makes sense Paul answers the question with a view of holiness. His view was the believer sanctifies or makes holy their children, even their partner.

In this way children are brought into the Kingdom. There is though the issue of personal faith coming of age or being lost. This choice for me was clear, to follow Jesus, though it was through a glass darkly.

If one holds that the second death is eternal sleep, it is not so hard to see the lost as just that. It one holds to eternal conscious torment, this appears as unjust and not proportional

If all are in heaven at birth, but lose one's place through sin, this negates the value of communion with God being the salvation issue rather than obedience or sin. Samson was a hero, but clearly a flawed character. God sees the love in the heart, not the struggle. We see only the struggle and justifying our selves rather than Jesus's presence justifies us.

The wonder is Jesus will work it through where love in the heart truly reflects His presence. God bless you

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Can you believe God would send innocent babies to hell? That doesn't seem right to me.

If they go to Heaven, think about it. If they were born, they could become terrible sinners and wind up in hell. If someone killed them first, they'd go to Heaven. So can that be right? Could you be doing a baby a favor by aborting it and sending it to Heaven? That doesn't seem right to me either.
How many new born babies were there, that survived the flood in Noah's day?
NONE!
1 Peter 3:20

Reactions: FollowHim

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many new born babies were there, that survived the flood in Noah's day?
NONE!
1 Peter 3:20
Let me look that passage up.

1 Peter 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

That passage does not mention babies specifically; but it says Jesus preached to "spirits in prison" -- the spirits of those who were disobedient in the days of Noah. Your next post seems to indicate you think the "dead" could not be preached to. Do I misunderstand you?
Hell is the grave, nothing more, nothing less.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No matter our logic about what makes sense Paul answers the question with a view of holiness. His view was the believer sanctifies or makes holy their children, even their partner.

In this way children are brought into the Kingdom. There is though the issue of personal faith coming of age or being lost. This choice for me was clear, to follow Jesus, though it was through a glass darkly.

If one holds that the second death is eternal sleep, it is not so hard to see the lost as just that. It one holds to eternal conscious torment, this appears as unjust and not proportional

If all are in heaven at birth, but lose one's place through sin, this negates the value of communion with God being the salvation issue rather than obedience or sin. Samson was a hero, but clearly a flawed character. God sees the love in the heart, not the struggle. We see only the struggle and justifying our selves rather than Jesus's presence justifies us.

The wonder is Jesus will work it through where love in the heart truly reflects His presence. God bless you
The "law of Christ" may come into play here. We can bear each other's burdens temporarily; but in the end, each of us must bear his own burden.

Galatians 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Galatians 6:5 For every man shall bear his own burden.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand that, but the origins are what we were talking about - the Nephilim. It even affected the animals in some cases.

There was definitely something very unholy about Goliath. I didn't notice this on my own -- but someone pointed it out to me how Goliath was not content being wicked himself, he wanted to corrupt the animals too. He wanted to feed David's body to peaceful, vegetarian animals while David said he'd feed Goliath to the birds and wild animals.

1 Samuel 17:44 And the Philistine said to David, Come to me, and I will give thy flesh unto the fowls of the air, and to the beasts of the field.
45 Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.
46 This day will the Lord deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There was definitely something very unholy about Goliath. I didn't notice this on my own -- but someone pointed it out to me how Goliath was not content being wicked himself, he wanted to corrupt the animals too. He wanted to feed David's body to peaceful, vegetarian animals while David said he'd feed Goliath to the birds and wild animals.

1 Samuel 17:44 And the Philistine said to David, Come to me, and I will give thy flesh unto the fowls of the air, and to the beasts of the field.
45 Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.
46 This day will the Lord deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.

We are told that scripture is inspired to teach us about God. In a way it teaches us about ourselves and how God deals with us through our weaknesses and failures. David was a King yet his emotions caused him to fall into sin and failure with Bathsheba. Now through repentance and getting right with the Lord he was restored, yet he still failed.

I think this is like all our long term relationships, they are founded in our lives that reach down deep into who we are. Yet the everyday pressures of life batter these principles, which we sometimes fail to keep a hold of. The question then becomes what defines us, our failures or pulling back to the fundamentals of who we are and our true loyalties. We cannot change the pressures and storms of life, but we can centre our foundations and where we come back to.

The problem with discussions about consciousness outside this testing and foundations, is where the foundation is not established we are totally at sea in knowing the Lords will. There is a separation between sheep and goats, to generational sin and judgement, and individual responsibility. I trust He whose heart is love, to find a way through, and that is where I have to leave it, because I am not the judge or the decider of such things. God bless you

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They go to heaven.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, that certainly is a different set of animals. Thanks, I never noticed that.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unborn babies are innocent though, because they have done nothing wrong.
Where does the Bible say that?

That which is born of the flesh is flesh. The flesh is unqualified for heaven.

Babies that die are saved by grace, just like any other person of the human race.