Where does our spirit man reside?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where is your spirit man currently located?

• Inside my body

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In my mind

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • In the spirit or heavenly realms with God

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Other (please specify in your response)

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going to withhold my opinion for the moment (since I don't want this to be about disputing or agreeing with anything I say) but I genuinely want to know what you feel.

For clarification:
We are a spirit, we have a soul, and we live in a body. Through the 5 physical senses, we access this natural world. Our soul is our mind, will, and emotions (among other things). The spirit is what was reborn when we accepted Christ.

Here are some popular beliefs:

1-Inside our physical body (near our heart or elsewhere)
2-In heavenly realms or the spiritual world
3-Some believe the spirit and soul are one

I'll set it up as a vote as well.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd simply ask, what does the Bible say? God tells us about this.

Ephesians 2, Colossians 3, these are good places to start. 2 Corinthians 5.

Much love!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to withhold my opinion for the moment (since I don't want this to be about disputing or agreeing with anything I say) but I genuinely want to know what you feel.

For clarification:
We are a spirit, we have a soul, and we live in a body. Through the 5 physical senses, we access this natural world. Our soul is our mind, will, and emotions (among other things). The spirit is what was reborn when we accepted Christ.

Here are some popular beliefs:

1-Inside our physical body (near our heart or elsewhere)
2-In heavenly realms or the spiritual world
3-Some believe the spirit and soul are one

I'll set it up as a vote as well.
i believe that being made in God's image means we have three parts to our make-up - intellect/mind, physical body, and a spirit/soul which is the essence of who we are. As to where our spirits reside I haven't got an answer for that. But I know that when we die our spirits leave our bodies. So perhaps the spirit is the life within us and as such is in every part of us

Reactions: dev553344

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Misty Williams,

Would suggest what God done here in Genesis to learn from it: Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

When God breathed life into the man, Adam he became a living (nephesh) being, with a soul (mind/will/emotion). The Spirit of man which you are talking about is what is known to do naturally, such as to dress ourselves with clothes, to drink and to eat food. The Spirit of man know only earthly things, and that is part of all of us, being having become a living being.

I could be wrong though.

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's something to think about. I can't say I know for certain, but I have some spiritual references I've based some thoughts on and I'm waiting on God to continue to provide revelation in this area.

Thank you for the responses!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We are a spirit, we have a soul, and we live in a body.
We are spirit, soul, and body (tripartite). The spirit and soul are immaterial and imperishable, and very closely connected to each other within the human being. The spirits of natural men are dead, but the spirits of those who have been born again are alive, and comprehend spiritual things (being indwelt by the Holy Spirit).

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Did our hearts not burn within us?" A person's spirit is the minority part of the heart. 1/3 actually. Just like the tabernacle in the wilderness...the holiest place was in 1/3 of the space within the tabernacle (the other 2/3rds are the holy place).

When the parochet curtain was torn between the holiest and the rest of the temple, that represented being circumcised in the heart.

We are to worship the Lord with a whole heart. Our spirit is contained in the heart...hence the New Covenant being established there.

The "tablet of the heart" is the spirit contained within the heart.

• Love
Reactions: faithfulness

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I recently posted a near death experiences video (Experiences from Heaven:). Many of the people after death are in the room with the medical staff working on them. They often recount things that happened while they were dead that they could have only known if they were watching in spirit.

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I recently posted a near death experiences video (Experiences from Heaven:). Many of the people after death are in the room with the medical staff working on them. They often recount things that happened while they were dead that they could have only known if they were watching in spirit.
I watched and commented on it. Thanks for sharing!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I watched and commented on it. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for the interest. I think we have spirits. And I'm not sure how that works. But God's spirit communicates with us thru our bodies and spirit in my beliefs. He has a spirit and a pure clean body.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where does our spirit man reside?
This question is premised on a faulty assumption. This same principle ie, faulty assumptions, drives truth divergent understandings.....but who can hear it?