Where does the money come from to run your church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Goinheix

Apr 6, 2011
Goinneix,

Acts 15:28-29 do not forbid a Christian from Tithing. Nowhere do these verses say a Christian must not tithe. These verses aren't even talking about tithing. The best you can do with these verses is a very stretching manner is to say a Church cannot impose tithing. There is a difference between imposing a tithe and a Christian giving a tithe on his or her own free will. Please tell me where in the Bible a Christian is forbidden to tithe.

It is not that the best i can do is to strech the verses to make them say that tithing can not be impose. The verse is very clear in that tithe or any other Moses Law can not be impose. The Holy Spirit is clearly telling you that you can not impose any ;oses Law. That is any at all. That is including tithe as prohibit to be imposes. It is clear and direct intepretation without any streching that the Holy Spirit did prohibit you from imposing tithe.

In other hand. The only way a christian will commence tithing is because he read it in the Moses Law. If a pastor is teaching tithe in the basis of the Moses Law he is beyibg directly desobedient to the Holy Spirit, And it is impossible for a pastor to teach tithe without mentioning the Moses Law. But we already have clear that a pastor is prohibited from teachin christians to tithe. The sutuation is if a new christians reading Moses comes with the idea from himself to commence tithing. In that case, the pastor have the responsability to tell the brother that he is wrong, that he is missinterprting the Bible and that he must not tithe. If in contrary, he stay silence, he is alouding that christian to tithe for pure own greed, missregarding of the spiritual life and grow of the brother in mistake.

Again. Paul in Galatians 5 not to go back to the slavery of the Moses Law for own election and will. Paul is telling us to stay firm in the liberty of Jesus and in the grace; not going back for own reasons to the Moses Law. As christians we dont have the option to chjoose if we like to observ any Moses Law. We as christians are told not to observ by own election or will any of the Moses Law. In few words, we can not commence tithing as Moses imposed, not even because you feel we want to do it. It is not an option. We are warned not to observ tithe or any other of the Moses Law.

That is way it is so crucial to you to demostrate that tithe is not part of the Moses Law. The only chance you have to support christian tithe is by saying that tityhe is not Moses Law. If tithe is Moses Law: 1) you can not impose it to the christians, 2) aq christian can not tithe by own will.

The next step is to understand what is behind that prohibition. Why is it that important not to tithe? How bad can be to tithe? When God gives a prohibition is not just because; there is a reason. The next step is to understand the terrible consecuences that tithing briong to the christians, to the pastors and to the congregation. I chalenged you to askme to answer those questions.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not that the best i can do is to strech the verses to make them say that tithing can not be impose. The verse is very clear in that tithe or any other Moses Law can not be impose. The Holy Spirit is clearly telling you that you can not impose any ;oses Law. That is any at all. That is including tithe as prohibit to be imposes. It is clear and direct intepretation without any streching that the Holy Spirit did prohibit you from imposing tithe.

In other hand. The only way a christian will commence tithing is because he read it in the Moses Law. If a pastor is teaching tithe in the basis of the Moses Law he is beyibg directly desobedient to the Holy Spirit, And it is impossible for a pastor to teach tithe without mentioning the Moses Law. But we already have clear that a pastor is prohibited from teachin christians to tithe. The sutuation is if a new christians reading Moses comes with the idea from himself to commence tithing. In that case, the pastor have the responsability to tell the brother that he is wrong, that he is missinterprting the Bible and that he must not tithe. If in contrary, he stay silence, he is alouding that christian to tithe for pure own greed, missregarding of the spiritual life and grow of the brother in mistake.

Again. Paul in Galatians 5 not to go back to the slavery of the Moses Law for own election and will. Paul is telling us to stay firm in the liberty of Jesus and in the grace; not going back for own reasons to the Moses Law. As christians we dont have the option to chjoose if we like to observ any Moses Law. We as christians are told not to observ by own election or will any of the Moses Law. In few words, we can not commence tithing as Moses imposed, not even because you feel we want to do it. It is not an option. We are warned not to observ tithe or any other of the Moses Law.

That is way it is so crucial to you to demostrate that tithe is not part of the Moses Law. The only chance you have to support christian tithe is by saying that tityhe is not Moses Law. If tithe is Moses Law: 1) you can not impose it to the christians, 2) aq christian can not tithe by own will.

The next step is to understand what is behind that prohibition. Why is it that important not to tithe? How bad can be to tithe? When God gives a prohibition is not just because; there is a reason. The next step is to understand the terrible consecuences that tithing briong to the christians, to the pastors and to the congregation. I chalenged you to askme to answer those questions.

Goinheix,

I understand and agree with you that we don't have to tithe. Even though I have made it clear that tithing was a practice before the law, I don't believe we have to. It seems to me that you are insisting that Christians CAN NOT tithe. That it is forbidden for a Christian to give 10% of their earnings (and Abraham gave 10% of HIS earnings.... He conquered and won. It was HIS.) Still, I agree with you that a minister of God shouldn't demand or "impose" 10%. I do not believe, however, that a Christian can't give that amount if that's in his heart. Everyone but Annanias and Sapharas gave 100%. Even Annanias and Sappharas Probably gave more than 10%. I wil not claim that, but it's reasonable that they did given the circumstances (God killed them for lying about it... Not for the giving). The Widow gave 100% of what she had.

So Goinheix, I ask you. If I make a $1000 this week, am I wrong to give $100 in the offering? Am I prohibited from giving that amount and should the minister stop me and tell me that I'm giving too much? If I am feeling Good about God and love the preaching the minister gave, is there anything that tells me I can't give $100? Or more? Or because I'm under grace and not the law (and tithing was before the Law) am I going against grace if I give $100 or more?

Goinheix

Apr 6, 2011
Goinheix,

I understand and agree with you that we don't have to tithe. Even though I have made it clear that tithing was a practice before the law, I don't believe we have to. It seems to me that you are insisting that Christians CAN NOT tithe. That it is forbidden for a Christian to give 10% of their earnings (and Abraham gave 10% of HIS earnings.... He conquered and won. It was HIS.) Still, I agree with you that a minister of God shouldn't demand or "impose" 10%. I do not believe, however, that a Christian can't give that amount if that's in his heart. Everyone but Annanias and Sapharas gave 100%. Even Annanias and Sappharas Probably gave more than 10%. I wil not claim that, but it's reasonable that they did given the circumstances (God killed them for lying about it... Not for the giving). The Widow gave 100% of what she had.

So Goinheix, I ask you. If I make a $1000 this week, am I wrong to give $100 in the offering? Am I prohibited from giving that amount and should the minister stop me and tell me that I'm giving too much? If I am feeling Good about God and love the preaching the minister gave, is there anything that tells me I can't give $100? Or more? Or because I'm under grace and not the law (and tithing was before the Law) am I going against grace if I give $100 or more?

[sup]17[/sup] And the king of Sodom went out to meet him after his return from the slaughter of Chedorlaomer, and of the kings that were with him, at the valley of Shaveh, which is the king’s dale. [sup]18[/sup] And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God. [sup]19[/sup] And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth: [sup]20[/sup] And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

[sup]21[/sup] And the king of Sodom said unto Abram, Give me the persons[sup]c[/sup], and take the goods to thyself.  [sup]22[/sup] And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth, [sup]23[/sup] That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich: [sup]24[/sup] Save only that which the young men have eaten, and the portion of the men which went with me, Aner, Eshcol, and Mamre; let them take their portion.

http://www.christianityboard.com/in...&do=reply_post&f=37&t=14251&qpid=119563#_ftn2The Holy Bible : King James Version. 1995 (Gn 14.17-24). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

Abraham did not tithe of his own property. Abraham did tithe of the properties of the king of Sodom, and the 90% remaining after tithing, Abraham did it all back to the real owner.

You have not prove that tithe was practiced before Moses. From Adam to Moses nobody did practrice tithe.

Your question:
If you earn $1000 and gives to the pastor/church $100 you are tithing. If you gives $99 or $101 you are tihing in your hart and God will know. The Holy Spirit prevent you or prohibit you from tihing, and obligue the pastor/church to refuse the tithe and explain you why. Do you want to know why? So far I have showed you where in the NT is the tithe made prohibited...do you want to understand the reason of such prohibition? Do you want to know how bad will be for you? How terrible will be for the congregation?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[sup]17[/sup] And the king of Sodom went out to meet him after his return from the slaughter of Chedorlaomer, and of the kings that were with him, at the valley of Shaveh, which is the king’s dale. [sup]18[/sup] And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God. [sup]19[/sup] And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth: [sup]20[/sup] And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

[sup]21[/sup] And the king of Sodom said unto Abram, Give me the persons[sup]c[/sup], and take the goods to thyself.  [sup]22[/sup] And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth, [sup]23[/sup] That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich: [sup]24[/sup] Save only that which the young men have eaten, and the portion of the men which went with me, Aner, Eshcol, and Mamre; let them take their portion.

The Holy Bible : King James Version. 1995 (Gn 14.17-24). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

Abraham did not tithe of his own property. Abraham did tithe of the properties of the king of Sodom, and the 90% remaining after tithing, Abraham did it all back to the real owner.

You have not prove that tithe was practiced before Moses. From Adam to Moses nobody did practrice tithe.

Your question:
If you earn $1000 and gives to the pastor/church $100 you are tithing. If you gives $99 or $101 you are tihing in your hart and God will know. The Holy Spirit prevent you or prohibit you from tihing, and obligue the pastor/church to refuse the tithe and explain you why. Do you want to know why? So far I have showed you where in the NT is the tithe made prohibited...do you want to understand the reason of such prohibition? Do you want to know how bad will be for you? How terrible will be for the congregation?

You have not shown anywhere that the NT prohibits the giver any amount. The fact that we are free from the law does not mean we can't practice it, and yes, tithing DID happen before the Law! Abraham did it He conquered that land and thus, it was his! Jacob vowed to and thus, he did it. Abraham tithed on all and Jacob made a vow to do so also. The NT does not prohibit tithing. It may not require it, but it does not prohibit it. Do you understand the difference in requiring and prohibiting and allowing?

Requiring means you must do it. Under the Law, tithing was required. When Abraham did it, it was not required. It was what he did, and God accepted that as the standard, as Hebrews 7 says.

Prohibit means you don't allow. To prohibit tithes means you will not allow under any circumstance for a paritioner to give more than 10%. Yet Jesus did. Peter did. Paul simply said give as what's in your heart to give. No one ever said you can't give more than 10%.

Allowing is a term that means you can do what ever you want. We are allowed to give 10%. Or less. Or more. There are no restrictions. I am allowed to give 1% or 100%.

And Duckybill... Where on you on this issue? You have said, "Well being under grace doesn't mean we can murder, rape, blaspheme and kill". We are at different ends of the stick on that.... But if we must obey the law, why haven't you supported this point about tithing? If under grace we can't murder, why can we ignore the verses about tithing?

Goinheix

Apr 6, 2011
You have not shown anywhere that the NT prohibits the giver any amount. The fact that we are free from the law does not mean we can't practice it, and yes, tithing DID happen before the Law! Abraham did it He conquered that land and thus, it was his! Jacob vowed to and thus, he did it. Abraham tithed on all and Jacob made a vow to do so also. The NT does not prohibit tithing. It may not require it, but it does not prohibit it. Do you understand the difference in requiring and prohibiting and allowing?

Requiring means you must do it. Under the Law, tithing was required. When Abraham did it, it was not required. It was what he did, and God accepted that as the standard, as Hebrews 7 says.

Prohibit means you don't allow. To prohibit tithes means you will not allow under any circumstance for a paritioner to give more than 10%. Yet Jesus did. Peter did. Paul simply said give as what's in your heart to give. No one ever said you can't give more than 10%.

Allowing is a term that means you can do what ever you want. We are allowed to give 10%. Or less. Or more. There are no restrictions. I am allowed to give 1% or 100%.

And Duckybill... Where on you on this issue? You have said, "Well being under grace doesn't mean we can murder, rape, blaspheme and kill". We are at different ends of the stick on that.... But if we must obey the law, why haven't you supported this point about tithing? If under grace we can't murder, why can we ignore the verses about tithing?

Yes I did show you where in the NT it is prohibit to tithe and you failed to refute it.
Yes the fact that we are free from the Law means that we have to stand frim in that freedom and do go back to practice it at all.
Yes I have proved that nobody at all, not Abnraham not Jacob did practice tithing.
Yes the NT do prohibit tithing.
Yes there is a difference between dont require and prohibit, and the Law is prohibited?

Prohibited is the Moses Law, not God Law.

Obviuosly you dont want to know why is it prohibited. You dont want to liosent from me the terrible concecuenses of tihin.
Obviously you will not give up on the money coming to your church.
Obviously you will continue to tech and impose a doctrine that is not at all in the Bible.

For a moment, just for a moment, lets imagine that the NT do not prohibit tithing. Just for a moment let say that tithe is not prohibited. then my question is ...why christyiand tithe? The Bible do noy prohibit many thimgs...why you dontn tech the brother to do it? If it is not prohibit for christians to assit to a sport event...why you dont teach that going to a sport event is christian doctrine and encourage all christians to assist to gthe more sport event as possible. But you do it with the tithe. because if the brother assist to spot event you get nothing and you are seeking the brothers money as a wolf.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I did show you where in the NT it is prohibit to tithe and you failed to refute it.
Yes the fact that we are free from the Law means that we have to stand frim in that freedom and do go back to practice it at all.
Yes I have proved that nobody at all, not Abnraham not Jacob did practice tithing.
Yes the NT do prohibit tithing.
Yes there is a difference between dont require and prohibit, and the Law is prohibited?

Prohibited is the Moses Law, not God Law.

Obviuosly you dont want to know why is it prohibited. You dont want to liosent from me the terrible concecuenses of tihin.
Obviously you will not give up on the money coming to your church.
Obviously you will continue to tech and impose a doctrine that is not at all in the Bible.

For a moment, just for a moment, lets imagine that the NT do not prohibit tithing. Just for a moment let say that tithe is not prohibited. then my question is ...why christyiand tithe? The Bible do noy prohibit many thimgs...why you dontn tech the brother to do it? If it is not prohibit for christians to assit to a sport event...why you dont teach that going to a sport event is christian doctrine and encourage all christians to assist to gthe more sport event as possible. But you do it with the tithe. because if the brother assist to spot event you get nothing and you are seeking the brothers money as a wolf.

This just gets wackier by the minute! OK, Goinheix.... Whatever! Don't tithe but take your brother to a sporting event.... Or whatever you just said.

Goinheix

Apr 6, 2011
This just gets wackier by the minute! OK, Goinheix.... Whatever! Don't tithe but take your brother to a sporting event.... Or whatever you just said.

Finally we did get tpo the point that you have admited that you have not any biblical argument to support the christian tithe.
Thanks for admiting it. In the next days I will continue to deeper in this biblical truth and clarify to the honest brother how terrible is for the church, the congrrgation, the pastor and the individual to tithe. I will continue to explain why that false doctrine of false pastors is prohibited by the Holy Spirit in person.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Finally we did get tpo the point that you have admited that you have not any biblical argument to support the christian tithe.
Thanks for admiting it. In the next days I will continue to deeper in this biblical truth and clarify to the honest brother how terrible is for the church, the congrrgation, the pastor and the individual to tithe. I will continue to explain why that false doctrine of false pastors is prohibited by the Holy Spirit in person.

That reply is a lot like you saying Acts 15:28-29 prohibits tithing.... It just isn't truthful. Again, whatever! But by all means.... Continue posting. It's good to have a good laugh now and then.

Goinheix

Apr 6, 2011
That reply is a lot like you saying Acts 15:28-29 prohibits tithing.... It just isn't truthful. Again, whatever! But by all means.... Continue posting. It's good to have a good laugh now and then.

If it is prohibited to tithe. If that prohibition comes from the Holy Spirit, it will be a bad thimg to desobey the Holy Spirit. If you have doubt on if Acts 15:28-29 is prohibiting to thithe, it will be wise not to take chances in insultiung the Holy Spirit. Any how, if now you have any doubt concerning tithe, from now on tithing is no longer an act of faith but of doubt.

This is for starting.

Goinheix

Apr 6, 2011
Let now explore the reasons why the Apostles in Jerusalem, Paul and the Holy Spirit did prohibit the parctice of any Moses Law, including the prohibition of tithing.

First. Do not attepmt to cheet on the Holy Spirit and tithe pretending that you are not. Disguissing tithe in a manner that it might looks like not tithing is a bad idea.

Let focus in a sincere brother that sincerely believe that is his bligation to tithe. If he thinks that as christians he must tithe because it is a christian doctrine; then he is obligued to tithe. In his case doesnt matter if tithe is Moses Law or not. For him, for his bible teachers, his pastor and his congragation, tithe is a christian doctrine to obey. In that situation we have a brother who is obligued for a law. It might not be a Moses Law, but for him is a law. For him, not tithing is to fail, is to desaobey, is to fail.
The questtion is: for how long will him tithe without failing? The answer is that for very short time. The answer is that most priobably he will fail, anf sin from the very first time. Not only that, but he will continue to fail month after month for his entire life. And that situation will last until he realizes that he is free from that own imposed law. Meanwhile he be living in sin. He will be living by failing what in his own believe he has to do. In his faith, he knows that he is acting, month after month against his own faith, believe and understanding.
Waht are trhe chances that this never comes to hapens? From a biblical point of view there is not a chance that a man susceed to follow any law. Not a Moses Law, not a church law, not a own imposed law. From a practical analisis we found that it will be very unprobale. The perason will have to tithe from the total amount of what he is recieving from God. If we rae talking of income, he has to do the maths starting with his incomes before any taxes. If the goverment is taking a 30% of his salary, he have to tithe a 10% not a 7%. If he has any other benefits, he has to include it. If he have medical asistance, if he have insurance, if he has a pension plan, all of those bebefits has to be tithed. He has to figure out how much value has all his benefits, convert them into money and tihe. If him - as in my case - have been feed at work or if the work includes a bed; he have to convert that into money and tithe. There is too many detail where a sicncere christians will have doubts: sahll i include this and that? And at that point of doubt, he is already in sin.

There is not a chance, not by the Bible, not by actual life, that a christian tithe without sinning, without failing. In consecuence, he wiil be living a poor spiritual life. He will be telling the Holy Spirit on him "I will not tithe as i think i have to". And that situation is even he dont have to tithe. If he think he has to tithe, then that is his faith ton follow and fail. The only way out nis to understand that christians have never been requested to tithe. We can keep discussing about if tithe is prohibited or not; but it have been clear that nowhre in the Bible we read that Christians have to tithe. If we impose tithe into christians (even if it is not prohibited) we are imposing a law that unavoidably will be braek month after month.

This is how bad is tithe for an individual christian. Dont you want to know how bad is for the congregation as an all, for the pastor, and for the church as institution.

Goinheix

Apr 6, 2011

Let see if we can go step by step.
Do you agree that Acts 15 and Galatians 5 is saying to christians not to observ the Moses Law?
Do you agree that despite the word "prohibit" is not on the text, we are not permited or aloud to go back to the Moses Law?
Do you agree that if - IF - tithing were Moses Law, if - IF - teaching and practicing tithe were possible only by Moses Law...do you agree - on that if - that we are not permited or aloud to observ tithe?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let see if we can go step by step.
Do you agree that Acts 15 and Galatians 5 is saying to christians not to observ the Moses Law?
Do you agree that despite the word "prohibit" is not on the text, we are not permited or aloud to go back to the Moses Law?
Do you agree that if - IF - tithing were Moses Law, if - IF - teaching and practicing tithe were possible only by Moses Law...do you agree - on that if - that we are not permited or aloud to observ tithe?

It really doesn't matter. At this point I am convinced that you are not going to change your mind, so I will no longer try. But for the record, no I don't agree that Acts 15 and Galatians 5 is saying to Christians not to observe the law. They are saying we are not under the law and not to count it toward our own righteous. Galatians 5 says the the circumsized are in debt to do the whole law. Yet Paul was circumsized! He was saying you can't make yourself holy through the law, only by faith.

Goinheix

Apr 6, 2011
It really doesn't matter. At this point I am convinced that you are not going to change your mind, so I will no longer try. But for the record, no I don't agree that Acts 15 and Galatians 5 is saying to Christians not to observe the law. They are saying we are not under the law and not to count it toward our own righteous. Galatians 5 says the the circumsized are in debt to do the whole law. Yet Paul was circumsized! He was saying you can't make yourself holy through the law, only by faith.
[sup]24[/sup] Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:http://www.christianityboard.com/in...&do=reply_post&f=37&t=14251&qpid=119663#_ftn1http://www.christianityboard.com/in...=reply_post&f=37&t=14251&qpid=119663#_ftnref1The Holy Bible : King James Version. 1995 (Hch 15.23-24). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

[sup]28[/sup] For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; [sup]29[/sup] That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.http://www.christianityboard.com/in...&do=reply_post&f=37&t=14251&qpid=119663#_ftn1http://www.christianityboard.com/in...=reply_post&f=37&t=14251&qpid=119663#_ftnref1The Holy Bible : King James Version. 1995 (Hch 15.28-29). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

Well...we are not alouded to observ the Law of Moses, and Pastors are prohibited to impose into christians anything from the Moses Law.

Since tithing is Moses Law; tithing is one thing we are not alauded to practice; and pastors are prohibited to request tithe of any christian.

mcorba

Aug 7, 2010
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is all some way off the original subject of the post - perhaps start a new one?

B)

Goinheix

Apr 6, 2011
Is it all on tithed donations from the flock?

I am intrigued to know as my church is catholic and i wonder how it works in other denominations?

Some or many churches teach and practice the tithe. Wheter if it is a real christian doctrine or not (it is clear that my position is the second); it is irrelevant to answer the question. Propbably, in those churches where the tithe is teached and practiced; is the tithe the main sourse of financial support. In Chruches that dont practice tithe, it is obvious that the tithe have not part at all. Any how, churches also get financila support from other means. All of them practice the ofrend. The ofrend is the assistent to a service giving money as they fell. It is not compulsive; but in some few churches it is very embarrasing not to give an offering. Beside tithe or ofrends, churches have a sharp imagination and creativity to solve theyrs financial needs. Some have persons or companies giving a lot of money. In places of US that kind of practice is deductible from taxes. That take us to the next situation: churches in US provide financial help to the 3rd world churches.

Some churches do sell second hand clothing and as I say, have developed very creative ways of getting money. And we are talking of real churches with honest porpose. Unfortyunatelly there is some churches that have found very easy to take money from christians and have made a very eficient busines of it. But those are not real christian churches but busines in the form of church.

If the question is concerning some money loundry...my answer is that what I know is that there is not any sign that make as believe such situation. Is the elementary school in your town doing money loundry? Is the Fire department of your town doing money loundry? The chances are the same.

Churches might have book stores and book editors; might have a radio station or some time on air; but all those activities are supposed to be self financing. Christians dont print books as a way to make profit; but do sell book for a price for not going bank-break.

Thius is what I can asnwer if we are going back to the original OP-

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Me and the brothers where I live meet in homes. We eat together and break bread together looking to share the life of Christ.

We have no building to pay for :)

Perspectives

Aug 12, 2011
Northwest
Mat. 5:17&18. Do not think that I came to destroy the law or the prophets (including Malachi), I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. If anyone can show that heaven and earth has passed away, I'll stop tithing. The bible is one book, O.T. enfolds into N.T. no need for Jesus to reiterate, He ministered under the O.T. they understood the principle. The tithe was instituted long before Moses and has no bearing as to whether christians should tithe today. Much more could be said on this topic, but I don't like wading through all the minutia.